Today's Weather in Your Garden - 18

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Coming from here:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/833376/#new

Beautiful time of the year!

Thumbnail by victorgardener
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Thank gawd some one started a new thread. We can always count on Victor.

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

It is beautiful weather, Victor, and I actually took time off for myself today. The eight hour days are too much when they're consecutive. It feels good to relax like normal people (those who don't garden) do.

Yes, we need a break too. I won't get too much done this week with the kids home.

Enjoy your time with them. The years speed by way too fast.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Took a day off myself. Prep for colonoscopy.Can't wait.
Here's whats outside today.
Weather has turned BEAUTIFUL.
If it could omly be like this in July

Thumbnail by ge1836
Thomaston, CT

Thanks everyone--you're all so supportive--unfortunately the doctors transferred the baby to UCONN at 10pm last night--he has pneumonia--sedated, & on oxygen & antibiotics. But UCONN is a good place to be if you are a sick baby--my DIL is frantic because she can't be discharged until tomorrow, so only my son is with him. The baby is doing better as of early this afternoon, & maybe we will be able to visit on Fri. Oh, he has a name--Grant Cyril---Cyril being my DH's middle name which he has hated his whole life!

Southern Dutchess Co, NY(Zone 5b)

Good luck and God bless, Robin! He sounds like a fighter and I love his name. His mom will be happy that daddy is there for him until she can be. - Lynn

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Very pleasant day here - some rain moved through and it didn't even cool down after it.

South Hamilton, MA

Warm & great weeding weather. Prayers for the baby.

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

6 or 7 sunny, gorgeous days in a row, where am I?

Eastern Long Island, NY(Zone 7a)

Temp 55.4°, Wind SSE 0.0. ☺

Thumbnail by WaterCan2

It's been great but we NEED rain! Nice shot, WC.

Thanks Victor! ☺

Yes rain would be really good right now, seems we move from winter into a very dry spring when all the new plants need to develop their root systems. It has been wonderful these last few days though, I loved every minute outside. - but I'm watering a summer schedule in April!! ☺

Our system starts tonight.

I don't have a system - just soaker hoses.

Can you believe I have areas in my yard that are still swampy and others that are dry as a bone? The woods are the same and they are close to the creek. When I went back there this evening, I notice the creek was pretty low. This is a major trib to the Hudson. I hope for those who draw water from the river, that the salt front doesn't migrate north.

Can't water a lawn with soaker hoses. ☺

Jersey Shore, NJ(Zone 7a)

We need a little wet weather also. We just had a forest fire, so unusual in April. Had a friend stop by yesterday and my Lab fell IN LOVE.

Thumbnail by venu209
Jersey Shore, NJ(Zone 7a)

Here he is following her around like any sensible dog guy should be :~)

Thumbnail by venu209
South Hamilton, MA

Soil is dry on top here, but when I pulled out weeds it seemed to be damp.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

how cute the doggies are.... at least i know it's not just my yorkies with big fat tongues ... when they go to sleep they can't help but stick that big thing out... always makes me laugh

I just put a second soaker hose in my front garden a couple days ago, I'm trying to figure out how long I need to run them.

49 and sunny. Not that long, Deb. If it's only one hose (not connected to another one), then the pressure will put out quite a bit. I usually do it about 10-15 minutes and check. No watering of the lawn here - complete waste of water to me.

Wow, just 10-15 minutes? I just read an email from a nursery that said 4 hours. I do have 2 connected. DH has a meter to measure soil moisture, not sure how accurate it is.

One day last summer I left the hose on from 2pm, and forgot about it until I woke up the next morning and ran outside afraid of a flood. It wasn't as bad as I expected.

Rain in the forecast today, but no clouds to be seen.

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Sunny again, started out in the low 40s going to maybe 80 degrees. Chance of rain maybe end of weekend. Watering again today.

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

It is just silly hot now. My thermometer is in the shade and is reading 83 degrees. Nuts!

South Hamilton, MA

83 here. DH just came inside & said too hot to weed. Species iris pumila opened today--a seedling, first time we've seen it. Purple, white beards.

New Boston, NH

It is 80+ in fridgit N.H. but I could be more pleased.
Peter

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Sun is out and 80 but thunder and storms are coming,very dark in the west.
AHHHHH just what we needed.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Beautiful! took the long way home from picking up my son from school in the convertible.

Beautiful day here, too, but just 66 made me quite happy.

Temp 70.3°, wind SSW 4.4 . ☺

Assembled a Japanese themed arbor, planted the second flowering quince and ran a drip line to each individual rose bush.

edit: 70.3

Love the shade... ☺!

This message was edited Apr 23, 2008 6:24 PM

Thumbnail by WaterCan2
Shelburne Falls, MA(Zone 5a)

Hot. I trimmed clematis and put in some trellises to tidy up. Got 10 clay pots (and an orchid) at HD for the hangapot holders. And some smooth food cause I'm still can't chew. You have no idea how great peanutbutter can taste after days of broth and applesauce!

I love peanut butter. Glad you're on the mend.

Still nice here with temps in the mid to upper 70s. I hope we get some of the rain I see on the radar, but it looks like the first band breaking up. Maybe we'll get some later tonight.

Used the weed whacker until it quit on me. I don't know whether to be mad or thankful!

- Lynn

Yes I do Boojum! I had my jaw wired for 6 weeks after a bad bike accident once, ham broth & chicken broth as treats along with ensure was my menu! (I also learned how to become a ventriloquist!) - no fun at all!
- Hang in there! ☺

Glad you're coming along, boojum. I had to have my bottom wisdom teeth chiseled out 25 years ago and remember it like it was yesterday. Lots of problems. My younger son only ever grew 3 and had them all removed at the same time. He healed quickly and was eating solid food after a few days, lucky duck!

So, what type of orchid did you happen upon at HD?

Shelburne Falls, MA(Zone 5a)

This mini phal. with 2 spikes. Thanks for the encouragement guys. Thinking of making chicken baby food for supper. Oh joy!

Thumbnail by boojum

Ooooh, very pretty! Is it one of the "Brother" orchids? (Sorry folks, I know I'm off-topic, but gotta love those orchids!)

- Lynn

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.