Today's Weather in Your Garden - 18

South Hamilton, MA

Now that I have both lower crowns on, I can eat cashews again. Dentist leary of peanut butter, the temps came off with it, so chew carefully. We didn't have peanut butter at the ISM meeting, boojum.

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Glad to hear you're improving, boojum!

Ouch, WC! That couldn't have been fun. Was the bike ride worth it?

Eastern Long Island, NY(Zone 7a)

Short answer pirl... no!

Somehow I'm not surprised, WC!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

79 here today!!!!!

Shelburne Falls, MA(Zone 5a)

Forgot to bring the pbutter to ISM. Did you post anything about the iris convention, Lucy? Did anyone post pics for me?

Thumbnail by boojum
South Hamilton, MA

Wrong camera for pics here & no skills,one thing at a time-working with the computer.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Good morning It's 45 * and cold in th house. We turned the heat off when the temps went into the high70's
Due for a high todat of 75.

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

I'm liking my forecast! I love that the low's are not so low anymore too!!!

Includes the Counties: Northwestern Suffolk, Southwestern Suffolk
Thursday...Partly cloudy this morning...Then becoming sunny. Highs in the mid 70s. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph.

Friday...Sunny. Highs in the mid 70s. West winds around 5 mph... Becoming southwest in the afternoon.

Saturday...Mostly cloudy. A chance of showers in the morning... Then a chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 60s. East winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 40 percent.

Sunday...Patchy fog in the morning. Cloudy with a 50 percent chance of rain. Highs in the mid 50s.

Monday...Cloudy. A chance of showers in the morning...Then showers likely in the afternoon. Highs around 60. Chance of rain 60 percent.

Tuesday...Cloudy with a 30 percent chance of showers. Highs in the upper 50s.

Wednesday...Mostly sunny. Highs in the upper 50s.

I do hope we get that rain, Anita. Not only for the sake of the garden but so that I can take a few well earned naps. I like planning in advance!

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

We only got a few drops yesterday.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

We got rain last night , a soft gentle rain that lulled me to sleep. Today is bright and sunny as I head for the airport....see you in a few days!!

Celeste, hope you have a good trip.

Hope you have a relaxing trip, Pixie.

Enjoy! Don't forget the sunscreen!! ☺

Thomaston, CT

It will be another nice day today--just too dry--but since Grant is doing a little better, I can breathe again, & I'm even going out to plant my veggies since the other Gram is babysitting today. Hope you will be feeling much better soon, Booj--Iris--thanks for the prayers--I know they are helping Grant--Lynn, thanks for the comments--I like his name, too--if all goes well, we'll be at UCONN tomorrow to see him. I'm going to go plant, & get the dahlias in as well.

The Monadnock Region, NH(Zone 5a)

Another beautiful day in the neighborhood before cooler temps and some moisture arrives this weekend. We have a few sprinkles last evening, but not anything to talk about.

And for right now ...
Currently the skies are partly cloudy and the temp is at 60° (very unusual for NH in April), and moving up towards a high of 71°
Wind: North at 16 MPH ~ with gusts to even higher

We have a Forest Fire Warning today because of the lack of moisture and the brisk winds

Humidity: 49%
Dewpoint: 43°
Pressure: 30.10 in. and rising
Sunrise: 5:49 am
Sunset: 7:39 pm

Almanac stuff
because somebody once asked

Normal High: 61°
Normal Low: 35°
Record High: 88° in 2001
Record Low: 21° in 1971

Sunrise Tomorrow: 5:47 am
Sunset Tomorrow: 7:40 pm

Moonrise: 7:00 pm
Moonset: 7:48 am

Moonrise Tomorrow: 12:18 am
Moonset Tomorrow: 8:40 am

Next New Moon: Monday, May 04, 2008
Next Full Moon: Tuesday, May 19, 2008

Today's Moon: full
Tomorrow's Moon: full

Robin ~
That's great news about the little one! My prayers are still with all of you, as I know how emotionally draining all of this can be for everyone.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Hang in there Robindog

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Sunny again, not as warm as the last two days, 65 degrees, windy and dry. Looked like we might get a shower last night on the radar, but none ever made it to the ground. Hoping to get some rain Sunday. Will water more today.

Southern Dutchess Co, NY(Zone 5b)

Good morning! It's supposed to be nice here again today with highs expected to be anywhere from 75-80. There are warnings for brush fires potential with the decreased humidity and some wind. The paper says they have the fire in Minnewaska out, but are keeping an eye out for flare ups. The are saying the cause is more than likely from smoking materials as there was no evidence of incendiary matter or campfire.

Yeah ~ we're keeping a watchful eye for blazes today, too.
I hope that no one any where suffers any fire today.

Planned burns can help, but there are so many wooded areas that there's no way we won't see more of this. And many times the fires will start from lightning strikes. Just keep your fingers crossed!

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Already have had many brush fires large and small in Ma. Fire danger warnings for the last ten days or more. This brisk wind does not help either. Rain even on the weekend would be very welcome.

So, let's all get outside and do a DG Rain Dance!!

This I've got to see! Does anyone know the steps?

You put your right foot in
You put your right foot out ...

Hee, hee! That'll bring us some rain for sure if only to get us to stop.

For sure!

Temp 68.7°, Wind N 8.4 mph. ☺

Thumbnail by WaterCan2
Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Getting chilly now - 60. Gorgeous day! Great JM shot, WC. How often do you change the soil? How often do you water?

Thanks Victor, I water this one every day just enough to keep it moist, only change the soil (50% when I trim the roots) - probably next year, I add green sand every year though to keep the iron up. There's really not much soil in it - about 1 pint. ☺

That's amazing - one pint! Guess you have someone water when you're on vacation. What type of soil mix is it? Commercial or do you mix your own?

WC - beautiful JM!

Thanks pirl

I mix my own... I'm very particular! Hee hee! I don't go on vac during the growing season, only during the dormant period, when it goes to sleep for the winter ~ 5 mos window for vac is ok 4/me, besides I like to go on vac when its cold here and warm somewhere else! It works out just fine! ☺

We don't go away in summer either, WC. Why pay to go elsewhere when people are paying top dollar for those Hampton rental homes?

We used to love vacations in May and Oct. But once the kids reached school age...

DH has summer off, so we usually do go for a couple 5 day trips, and a longer one early spring. The last time we did a 10 day summer vac, I missed so much of the garden, came home to plants finishing blooming.

It's true pirl they pay crazy money to stay at the hamptons, I can go spend the day and come back within 1 day, they're not far away. I also have a nice discount on my beach pass so I can drive the beach and go fishing, why would I go to a place that's 95° and humid when I have the Atlantic coast here at home?

May / spring is a nice time Victor but now you are on school schedule! I'm on plant schedule! ☺

Jersey Shore, NJ(Zone 7a)

I did the Hamptons 2 summers ago. I loved it! Might, maybe, maybe do it again this summer. I did discover something that I shouldn't have...Tate's cookies.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.