Today's Weather in Your Garden - 18

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

It was snowing in Manhattan yesterday! Flower petals.

Thumbnail by victorgardener
Eastern Long Island, NY(Zone 7a)

Nice DOF, nice building too! very ornate! Pollen season soon! ☺

Tate's reminds me of David's cookies! ☺

Jersey Shore, NJ(Zone 7a)

UhOh....I don't know David's and probably best that I never do.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Beautiful picture Victor.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

weather here 45* supposed to get to mid70's

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

Victor that is snow I don't mind

34 degrees. Good thing nothing is planted outside.

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Another fantastic shot, Victor! I wonder how many people with camera in hand missed that one.

We prefer early June, for our Cape Cod trip to recover from planting, and one in the fall for Canada and New England. The winter is more problematic as there are way too many places advertised showing beaches as the big attraction but neither of us want beaches for the suntans, swimming, drinking that's always pictured. Laying out in the sun just doesn't appeal to me.

Sitting here twittling my thumbs. WARM UP !!! 44 degrees.

Thanks. That's the Plaza Hotel, of course. Now it's half condos. 63 with some high overcast. Lots of work today. Many plants to get in before the coming rains. I'll be headed out in a few minutes.

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

I'll be out at 10 AM.

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Started out cold but has warmed up now to 61 degrees. Bright and sunny. Watered my new trees again, didn't think I would be doing that in April. Saw an early visitor too. His name is Question Mark Brushfoot.

Thumbnail by ngam
Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

He was munching on the vinca, not a lot out for him so early.

Thumbnail by ngam
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

What a sweet suprise ngam
Jo Ann

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

What a cool pic Victor.
It's overcast here 58 degrees, expecting rain the next couple of days, we'll see.

Great shots ngam! Especially that second one Nice!! ☺

Beautiful shots! 76 and delightful. Finished planting the clematis. Back out to do the GC order.

Stratford, CT(Zone 6b)

It's been in the 60s and 70s here for the past 10 days. I took a chance and planted some tomato plants yesterday. Hopefully they'll make it. I needed the space inside so they had to either go in the ground or into the trash.

I also planted a miniature rock garden in an area that had previously been dominated by a neglected spindly phlox plant. It's nice to see color and to see that my bee hives all survived the winter.

Ngam, I had a couple of visitors today too. They didn't seem interested in the buffet though :~)

Thumbnail by venu209
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Remember this is a family forum :)

That's what they're trying to create...

Temp 66.7 Wind S 9.7 mph. ☺

To those who wish they had a Magnolia tree,
... be careful what you wish for!

Thumbnail by WaterCan2
Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

LOL Venu, it sure is spring at your place! Busy little buggers aren't they. All I have here is a love crazed turkey.
That is the only thing keeping me from getting a magnolia, all the petals. They are so pretty though.
Got up to the low 70s today, cooler the next 5-7 days with some rain in there some place I hope.

Wow - time to put the metal to the petals, WC!

Literary Walk in Central Park.

Across from the lake.

WC, even the fallen petals are beautiful. Plus three things I enjoy doing (I know I'm weird on all three counts) weeding, raking and love cutting the grass.

C'mon over, Weeze!

NY does a great job with their gardens. Battery park was just starting to show it's stuff when I was there last month. Many Hellebores in bloom.

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

I really like that museum Victor.

Foggy with rain and storms today, tornado warning now.

Thumbnail by bigcityal

Nice feel to that shot, Al. Here's the front of the museum.

One more from the park.

Lol Victor, That's information I don't readily give out for just that reason. I had an elderly man approach me in the gym this morning and commend me on "what you have done with your body. I just have one question. Do you do windows?" I about fell over from laughing. There's NO way I'd let him know I love to mow the lawn.

Thomaston, CT

Great pics, everyone. I loved the butterfly, Pat. I've seen spring azure, but that's it. Grant 's being slowly weaned off the ventilator, & he had a good day yesterday, so I'm feeling better about things in general. Candyce, thanks for the kind words--it is draining--I find I get teary at the drop of a hat. But I have been planting when not babysitting--the dryness has crisped some of my plants--digitalis for one. No rain until tomorrow night.

That phrasing would freak me out a bit. I would worry he was a 'welcomer' from the great beyond and I had become disembodied without realizing it!

Great news, Robin!

South Hamilton, MA

Warm when we had errands this morning. Down to the 50s this afternoon when weeding. At least I got a big pot full of discarded blasted 'Shepards Purse' a small white flowered weed I hate.

Let's just say my eyebrows were elevated and my coach was behind me laughing his butt off.

Ok venu, you win... you're weird on all three counts - but at least it's a good kind of weird! ☺

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.