Today's Weather in Your Garden - 18

Eastern Long Island, NY(Zone 7a)

Temp 48.5°, Wind SE 2.4 mph, Baro 30.00↑. ☺

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Overnight rain, started cloudy, a little chilly but then the sun came out and it was nice for about 2 hours then it got cold. Downright chilly out there now. 52 degrees
Victor, I'll stick to looking at your pictures(they are beautiful), I'm not crazy about the city.

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

Cool and cloudy here. I'm sore and achey from gardening yesterday. It's taking me a lot longer to get going today, but I'll get out there eventually.

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Did you plant the viburnum?

Never mind - just saw your post on the other thread!

Temp 55.2°, Wind ESE 4.3 mph. ☺

Thumbnail by WaterCan2

58 and cloudy. Yucky day.

Thumbnail by victorgardener

☺!

Thumbnail by WaterCan2

^_^!

Thumbnail by victorgardener

^_^ !!

Thumbnail by WaterCan2

☺ ... we both win!

Thumbnail by WaterCan2
Southern Dutchess Co, NY(Zone 5b)

Nice pictures, everyone!

Walked in the woods late today and found plenty of things popping up and blooming. I've been busy trying to rebuild a small stone retaining wall near the back patio. Thank goodness my brother is here, because otherwise I'd end up with something that looks like Lynn built it!

Not especially warm, but the sun did show itself for a while. Went to the greenhouse/nursery earlier and bought some new things. Definitely a good day.

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

What lovely photos of the birds and spring plants!! I hope my bleeding hearts are blooming when we get home. I love them!

Today I saw a magnolia warbler for the first time. He was feeding under one of the orange trees....very pretty, colorful bird.

The different warblers should be here soon, too! I love spotting them and the orioles.

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

I love the warblers, Lynn.....we have the yellow-rumped come into our bottle brush tree a lot, but this magnolia variety was new to me! I love it when you see something new!!

I'm with you! I run back into the house and check my books when I've spotted a bird unfamiliar to me. I was surprised by the number of warblers we have coming through the area. And it's aways when I don't have my binoculars!

It was great today. No numbers, or this or that.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Cold nasty day, not out of the 50's

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

Nice day for us, upper 60's and sunny. Drove the convertible to Ithaca, hiked in Buttermilk.

Must need a shower now, Deb.

Car wash too! ☺

Better than Jello.

Thomaston, CT

We have been swamped by goldfinches--and 2 days ago a towhee--I've never seen one at our feeder before, but could hear the "Drink your teeeea" call in the area every year. Something was sneaking into my allium bulgarica the other day--think it was a Carolina wren. I can't wait for the warblers, although their numbers in our area are way down--shouldn't say all--yellow warblers are in abundance. We went to the hospital & saw Grant today--his parents changed his middle name to Douglas--which is my DH's 1st name, & son's middle name--thank God--plus thank God he's starting to do better!

Wonderful, Robin.

Experience, Deb?

I'm glad to hear Grant is coming along so well, ROBIN. I told you he's a fighter!

I don't know about you, but I'm pretty fond of those Carolina wrens. I think they're cute.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Hey, Deb what kind of convertible do you have? I have a convertible Firebird.

Good news Robin!

We have 2 hondas, one a del sol, and one an S2000. The del sol is 15 years old and the S2000 is 7 years old.

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Such good news Robin and wonderful naming. It's nice to have a child carry on the family name. Douglas is a lovely name and not so common these days.

The bullfrogs are singing down at the pond and the whipper whills are going all night. The bass are nesting and the poison ivy insists on spreading despite the RoundUp (which I don't like to resort to).Thank G-d for some things that never change despite what goes on in the rest of the world!

Keene, NH(Zone 5a)

that read like poetry almost, Laurel! here the toads are trilling- does anyone else have toads in their pond? Soon it will be full of tiny black toad tadpoles.

Rain predicted- sure hope so. sarah

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Sarah, I think toads are dry land and the rest you can eat. At least down here. We eat anything moving slow as Southern. Love frog's legs, but rely on friends who spend nights drinking cheap beer and gigging :). I like micro-brews or imports and legs in garlic, herbs and extra virgin.

L

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Right, toads like dry land frogs like the water.

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Laurel - I agree with Sarah about the poetic or lyrical quality to your "singing bullfrogs" post. As I was reading it, I was thinking the same thing......."Fish are jumpin' and the cotton is high...." LOL

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

beautiful shots .... been running around all day now i am off to pass out

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

gunnahh rain today.
57* now with a low tonight in the 40"s

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

finally some real rain

Currently At 6:03AM
Rain
46°F
RealFeelŪ
42°F
Winds: E
at 4mph
Rain
Humidity: 94%
Dew Point: 44° F
Pressure: 30.04 in
Visibility: 5 Miles

Today
Rain
High: 58°F
RealFeelŪ: 53°F
Sunrise: 6:00 AM

Tonight
Showers
Low: 43°F
RealFeelŪ: 42°F
Sunset: 7:52 PM

It's raining!!

Shelburne Falls, MA(Zone 5a)

Here, too!! I've got my orchid water buckets out!

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

We need the rain. I was going to have to water if it didn't. Someone mentioned Warbler. This is the first one I've ever seen. It was down by the lake. I don't think I've seen any around the house. Amazing what a half a block distance will do.

Includes the Counties: Nassau, Northwestern Suffolk, Southwestern Suffolk
Monday...Rain this morning...Then showers and thunderstorms this afternoon. Some thunderstorms May produce heavy rainfall. Highs in the mid 50s. Southeast winds 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph. Chance of rain near 100 percent.

Tuesday...Becoming partly sunny. A 50 percent chance of showers. Highs in the upper 50s. West winds 10 to 15 mph.

Wednesday...Sunny. Highs around 60. West winds 10 to 15 mph.

Thursday...Partly sunny with a 30 percent chance of showers. Highs in the upper 50s.

Friday...Mostly cloudy. A chance of showers in the morning. Highs in the lower 60s. Chance of rain 30 percent.

Saturday...Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of rain. Highs in the mid 60s.

Sunday...Mostly cloudy in the morning...Then becoming partly sunny. A 30 percent chance of showers. Highs in the lower 60s.

Yes - raining here too - finally! 46 degrees.

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Hurray! It's raining here, too. Two days off to cook and clean. 47 degrees.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.