March Daily Weather, Spring has Sprung!!!

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Just have time for a quick couple of shots.

Yeah!

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

37° going for 60 tomorrow.

Anemone Blanda
Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Zantedeschia aethiopica Spathe

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10
(Zone 3b)

Kelli~both photo are so pretty; hope there will a bit more rain for your area.
MySharona~love the sunset; and, still getting cold there; hope your plants do ok.
Deb~se-eds; cold, too; winter is holding on.
bp~a cold wind is hard to take; especially if it's sunny, too.
ric~love the colorful flowers. Very nice.
Lows in the lower to mid 20s.
Northeast to southeast wind 10 to 20 mph. Local gusts to 35 mph.
Sunset's at 8:23~~~a gain of 5m52sec.
Walking across a lake a few days ago.
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska
Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Deb – I have 2 plants that are tropical that I really have to watch when it gets cold. They are the only plants that got covered last night. Can’t bring them inside as they are too big. Hope your little green sprouts make it!
Ric – I see Spring in your area!
Kiska - Now that's a wide open space! Beautiful!

41.9 °F / 5.5 °C
Clear
Windchill: 42 °F / 6 °C
Humidity: 45%
Dew Point: 22 °F / -6 °C
Wind: 3.0 mph / 4 km/hfrom the NW
Wind Gust: 6.3 mph / 10 km/h
Pressure: 30.33 in / 1027.0 hPa (Rising)
Visibility: 10.0 miles / 16.1 kilometers

Today
Mostly sunny. High 61. Northeast winds 10 to 15 mph.

Jacksonville has broken the record of 36*. Got to 35* during the night. Our normal high is 75*. At this time our low is still dropping. Guess this will teach me to not put up the winter gear in March! LOL!

Looking North on the beach.

Thumbnail by MySharona
KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Supposed to be the warmest day of the week.

Currently: 48°F Mostly Cloudy
Currently: 8°C Mostly Cloudy
Wind: Southwest at 17 MPH
Humidity: 46%
Dewpoint: 28°F
Barometer: 29.83 inches
Wind Chill: 42°F
Wind: Southwest at 27 KPH
Humidity: 46%
Dewpoint: -2°C
Barometer: 1010 millibars
Wind Chill: 5° C
Sunrise: 7:13 am
Sunset: 7:36 pm

(Zone 3b)

27° Good mix of clouds and blue sky so far today.
Some other areas of Alaska:
Today's State Extremes
State Highs:
Petersburg 39°F
Wrangell 39°F
Annette Island 39°F
Gustavus 37°F
Hydaburg 37°F

State Lows:
Kuparuk -27°F
Deadhorse -27°F
Deadhorse Alpine Airstrip -27°F
Anaktuvuk Pass -27°F
Point Lay -27°F
MySharona~such a beautiful beach; can see why you love it there.
pepper23~good to see you're closing in on 50°; spring can't be too far off now.
Frozen Tanana River.
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska
Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Well nothing got too chilled last night. When I left St John's Power Park
It was 38º
By the time I got to my house it was 42º.
Chilly again tonight, then warm for a long time.
;)

Kiska - Love those winter pictures! I'm saving them to look at during the dog days of summer!
Pepper - Nice warming trend!
Sidney - The news said (a little later than my morning post) that JIA got down to 34* this morning. Brrrr! I thought about you working in that cold air. Our official low was 41, but my thermometer read 39*.

60.1 °F / 15.6 °C
Clear
Humidity: 25%
Dew Point: 24 °F / -4 °C
Wind: 1.0 mph / 1.6 km/h / 0.4 m/s from the East
Wind Gust: 6.3 mph / 10.1 km/h
Pressure: 30.41 in / 1029.7 hPa (Rising)
UV: 2 out of 16

Tonight
Mostly clear. Low 40. East winds 5 to 10 mph in the evening...then becoming light.

Protected area of the beach

Thumbnail by MySharona
Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

What a nice spring day! Temps in the low 40's this AM and wind still. Perfect for spreading fertilizer and clearing two wheelbarrow loads of debris fron the one front daylily bed. A two hour job. But that was enough for this old lady! Still makes me feel good.

Winds picked up this afternoon - 35 mph gusts and temps in the low 40's. Rain for tomorrow, Thursday and Friday so I get to rest up. LOL Crocuses are coming into full bloom, I have LOTS of parsley plants growing - sometimes they don't sprout and other times every single one of those suckers sprout. Go figure!

We were in the high 40s this morning with really strong winds then this afternoon we hit 62* before quickly dropping down. And the wind died down this afternoon too. :~)

Currently: 57°F Mostly Cloudy
Currently: 13°C Mostly Cloudy
Wind: North-Northwest at 6 MPH
Humidity: 24%
Dewpoint: 21°F
Barometer: 30.03 inches
Wind: North-Northwest at 9 KPH
Humidity: 24%
Dewpoint: -6°C
Barometer: 1017 millibars
Sunrise: 7:13 am
Sunset: 7:36 pm

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Good day today. High was only about 62F, but no noticeable damage from last nights brush with danger.
Hope tonight is no worse. Then it's back to "normal". :)
Deb

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Howdy all,
I see several folks sorta MIA. Hope nobody's floating down the river, or dealing with a house full of silt.
I am in from my nightly 10hrs.
It's 42º
Sharon I know they have great weather equipment at the JIA, our Airport.
However that's always a flawed place for temps, especially in our lush country side.
It's the only place around with a paved mile or two and no trees or anything to stop wind.
While at SWFY the micro-climate is so warm my coleus didn't blink.
The ground at SJPP is 18' and I'm working at elevation 114'
Have you considered joining us at the N FL Round-up close to Gainsville on saturday. Duh, I don't know why I didn't ask earlier.
Sidney

Se_eds – Sounds like a great day to work in the garden! Post some pictures of your crocus’s
Pepper – Nice day! I’m sure you are enjoying the weather change in your area.
Deb – Good to hear there was no damage.
Sidney – Didn’t know about the RU! LOL! I need to add that to my watched forums!

I've noticed some MIA's also...hope all is well or maybe some are on vacation.

42.4 °F / 5.8 °C
Clear
Windchill: 42 °F / 6 °C
Humidity: 75%
Dew Point: 35 °F / 2 °C
Wind: Calm
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph / 0.0 km/h
Pressure: 30.36 in / 1028.0 hPa (Steady)

Today
Mostly sunny. High 70. East winds 5 to 10 mph.

Taken last Saturday morning

Thumbnail by MySharona
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

You gals and guys sure do make it hard to catch up! LOL I'll just say great photos everyone! Loving all those flower pics.
Kiska, it's still winter at your place! By the way, last night the Weather Channel had a program about the diphtheria serum run back in 1925 which I thought was really interesting. You have mentioned it before but it certainly filled in some interesting facts about the need to deliver the serum via dog sled because there was no other way to get it to the sick children in Nome. That was quite a heroic thing the mushers and the dogs did! ---and of course that was the beginning of the famous Iditarod race which memorializes the serum run each year.

We had a beautiful day yesterday--high of 73º and lots of sunshine. I bought 10 of those 6-packs of petunias to set out today. I'm going to be busy! LOL

We are heading toward another beautiful Spring-time day here in my corner of the world! Hope you all have a great day!

Thumbnail by marsue
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Happy Birthday, se_eds!!! I hope you're having a wonderful day.

Kelli, I saw your "auction".. It was very fun. :-)

The Florida RU looks like a lot of fun. I hope you can join Sidney there, Sharon. :-) There's one nearby here in Texas in a couple of weeks, but it's the same weekend as a mother-daughter camping trip that the big bunny is very excited about, so I'm going to miss it. Rats. The camping trip will be fun, though. :-)

It's another beautiful spring day here: highs in the mid 70s, lows in the 60s. It will be back up into the 80s next week and will probably stay there for the most part. About the time everyone else finds spring, we move on to summer. I'm hoping to plant my caladium bulbs this weekend.

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 7:53am CDT (30 min ago)
Temperature 66 °F 19 °C
Dew Point 59 °F 15 °C
Humidity 78%
Pressure 30.16 in 1021.4 mb
Wind Speed 9 MPH 8 kts
Wind Dir SSE 160°
Ceiling 3600 ft 1097 m
Visibility 10 mi 16.1 km
Current Conditions Mostly Cloudy
6 hour min temperature ending 6:53am CDT : 64.9°F / 18.3°C

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

just been lurking here, hard to stay caught up. busy here with hatching babies, then getting ready to see lawyer. keep your fingers crossed on all counts!

everyone have a beautiful day!

tf

(Zone 7a)

Catching up, as well!!!

44°F
Feels like: 44°F

Barometer: 29.8 in and falling
Dewpoint: 37°
Humidity: 77%
Visibility: 10 miles
Wind: 0 mph
Sunrise: 7:19 AM
Sunset: 7:46 PM
UV Index: 0 Low

Morning at Casa Santiago...

Thumbnail by kwanjin

Happy Birthday se_eds!!! May all your wishes come true!

Marsue – I’d love to be able to play in the dirt today! It’s gorgeous outside.
TF – Hope everything goes your way!
Kwanjin – Lovely sunrise!

69.6 °F / 20.9 °C
Partly Cloudy
Humidity: 32%
Dew Point: 38 °F / 4 °C
Wind: 3.0 mph / 4.8 km/h / 1.3 m/s Variable
Wind Gust: 5.8 mph / 9.3 km/h
Pressure: 30.41 in / 1029.7 hPa (Falling)
UV: 10 out of 16
Clouds: Few 5500 ft / 1676 m

Se_eds - For you!

Thumbnail by MySharona
Watertown, WI(Zone 5a)

Watertown, WI

Fair
45°F
(7°C)

Humidity: 46 %
Wind Speed: W 10 MPH
Barometer: 30.07"
Dewpoint: 25°F (-4°C)
Wind Chill: 40°F (4°C)
Visibility: 10.00 mi.

We're expecting a few inches of snow again tonight and tomorrow. Bleah! We just can't seem to ditch the white stuff.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, se_eds!

Here is a bloom from last year--and it's just as pretty as it ever was and is surely one of the most fragrant roses ever: Sunsprite!

Thumbnail by marsue
(Zone 7a)

Just gorgeous, Mau!!!

I looked up tomorrow's weather and found this...

Day: Chance of light snow showers. High 47F, humidity 35%. Winds WNW at 10 to 15 mph.
40%
Night: Partly cloudy skies. Low 30F. Winds SSE at 5 to 10 mph.

MORE snow! It won't stay, though. That's my only consolation. ☺

Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Happy Birthday se_eds!

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Marsue and Adina - I love those blooms!

66.4 °F / 19.1 °C
Partly Cloudy
Humidity: 38%
Dew Point: 40 °F / 4 °C
Wind: 3.0 mph / 4.8 km/h / 1.3 m/s from the SE
Wind Gust: 11.2 mph / 18.0 km/h
Pressure: 30.27 in / 1024.9 hPa (Steady)
UV: 1 out of 16
Clouds: Few 6000 ft / 1828 m
(Above Ground Level)

Tonight
Mostly clear. Low 47. South winds 5 mph.

My hyacinths

Thumbnail by MySharona
(Zone 3b)

Happy Birthday, se_eds. Hope it's been a wonderful day.
Marsue~that's interesting that there was a program about the Serum Run to Nome; glad you had a chance to see it.
sugarweed~long days you put in; have a great time at the RU.
Marylyn~camping sounds like a good time; tents? 66° is a summer temp in this area.
TF~good luck.
MySharona~looks very pretty last Saturday; I could get used to seeing the ocean:)) Your hyacinths are very nice.
Adina~nice bright flower for se_eds; moving day must be getting very close.
kwanjin~what a gorgeous morning photo. Hope the snow comes and goes so you can get on with springtime>
38° sunny and bright. Sunset's in 5 hours, at 8:29pm.
Church near Fairbanks, at Nenana.

Thumbnail by kiska
Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Breezy, but we had a nice day with a high of 70F. No frost of freeze in the forecast for the next 10 day. Yahoo.

Happy Birthday Se_eds!!!

Thumbnail by DebinSC
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Happy Birthday se_eds!!!

Lovely Blooms and a Lovely Little Church!

57° here now.
It was a loverly day.... if a bit breezey.
Hit 60°!
A bit of rain moving in now.
T-Storms tomorrow.
We're still showing some below freezing temps for lows so the plants will stay covered up for now.

Here's my favorite Spring Bloom.

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Our neighbor Erik's Crocus...

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10

Currently: 45°F Drizzle
Currently: 7°C Drizzle
Wind: East-Northeast at 12 MPH
Humidity: 93%
Dewpoint: 43°F
Barometer: 29.93 inches
Wind Chill: 39°F
Wind: East-Northeast at 19 KPH
Dewpoint: 6°C
Barometer: 1013 millibars
Wind Chill: 3° C
Sunrise: 7:11 am
Sunset: 7:37 pm

Kiska – That’s a beautiful church! How old is it? I love the detail on the corner edges.
Ric – Pretty blooms! Is that a ground cover? Very pretty!

51.8 °F / 11.0 °C
Clear
Humidity: 83%
Dew Point: 47 °F / 8 °C
Wind: Calm
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph / 0.0 km/h
Pressure: 30.21 in / 1022.9 hPa (Falling)
Visibility: 5.0 miles / 8.0 kilometers

Today
Partly cloudy. High 74. South winds 10 to 15 mph.

Salvia and Geranium (not sure which one though). The concrete kitty represents our Soxy who passed on almost 1 year ago. It actually looks very similar to Soxy.

Thumbnail by MySharona
(Zone 7a)

All the flowers are very pretty! I have LOTS of buds coming on. We got the snow we told we were getting.

Flurries30°F
Feels like: 24°F

Barometer: 30.1 in and rising
Dewpoint: 28°
Visibility: 3 miles
Wind: 6 mph N
Sunrise: 7:18 AM
Sunset: 7:48 PM
UV Index: 0 Low

Yesterday it hit 63º, I cut down some reed and today? This...

Thumbnail by kwanjin
(Zone 3b)

19° Sunrise was just moments ago: 7:32 AM AKDT Sunset:8:31 PM
Mostly sunny in the morning then becoming partly cloudy. Highs in the mid to upper 30s. Light winds.
MySharona; when you're here, you'll most likely be driving past Nenana and will be seeing the little church first-hand. The Milepost, Parks Hwy section, will have info about Nenana. I'm not sure about the age;
Nenana is where barges are loaded and from there, go down to the Yukon River to supply villages along the river. What a sweet memorial to Soxy. Very nice.
kwanjin~from 63° to snow is quite a change; hopefully it's not going to affect the buds.
henryr10~very pretty/nice seeing that winter is nearly over.
The frozen waterfalls are slowly easing out of winter. With temps up in the 40°s most days now, the end is in sight.
Once it remains above freezing during the night, there's no turning back to winter.
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska
(Zone 7a)

I don't think the snow will affect the buds. The temps are already going up, the sun is coming out and the snow is melting.

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

Wow- what beautiful flowers for my birthday - thank you all!. Had a great day with family and friends, ice cream and cake. Weather was very nice in the low 60's and sunshine!.

Today we have 44 degrees and intermittent rain. But I am happy and healthy and just biding my time until I can work outside some more.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Kelli, I think you take exellent pictures. The lupines are spectacular! My neighbor has them, but I never got started.

Deb, March is almost over. We just have to get thru April before it's really pleasant :) I hope your sprouts don't freeze. We go thru that disappointment often in Iowa. Those buds are so neat!

Sharon, wow, a low of 38! That's our overnite temps! WOW, I think that's the most gorgeous sky yet!!! It MUST be chilly, a gorgeous beach and it's empty :) I think I could look at your wide open sky for the rest of my life! Is the beach protected because it's for flood control? That's a nice sky picture too, love the melon horizon. That's a gorgeous ?clemantis? I love hyacinths!! I haven't had any for years. I love the kitty statue!

Pepper, is that a good thing? (Water) We haven't had near the rain they've had just north of us. I guess you call that ''trickle'' down, LOL.

Ric, the sun is too bright for your just up daffodil. She's bowing her head. :)) The anemone is a perfect pastel. I love their long petals. Ahh, not a calla. Arum Lily. It's beautiful! I don't recognize the folaige with the white blooms. They are neat! Anyone's crocus look good to me :))

Kiska, that's miles of snow!!! I can't believe the lakes are still so frozen. I'll never get used to your weather :)) That is a really neat bridge. I love the sides. The water looks very uninviting tho :( Your temps aren't much different than ours. We just don't have snow or ice left. That's a nice little church. Is it built from logs? The corners are neat. I love the frozen waterfall!!

Seeds, it does feel good to clear beds doesn't it? I spent all afternoon yesterday finishing mine and putting down iris borer granules. I got some chickweed and henbit pulled, but I don't think I got the roots :(( My crocus are poking out an inch. Aawww, I missed it by a day. Happy Happy Birthday!!

Sugar, you work so hard, but I envy your many abilities. I see coleus featured a lot this year and last. It's the ''new'' plant and you've been growing it all this time. There are some gorgeous colors and I look forward to your pictures.

Marsue, I seem to miss a few days all the time now. It is hard to catch up!! The panseys/violas are so pretty. Bright as sunshine! So is Sunsprite! Beautiful!!

Marylyn, the camping trip does sound like fun. Do you have an air mattress to sleep on? Have a
good time!

TameraFaye, hope to see more pictures of the hatchlings!! I'm crossing fingers even tho I missed the lawyer story!

Kwanjin, it looks like a cool morning! The snow seems to be making the rounds. WOW, your snow really stuck!

KarlyRed, yay, another zone 5a! No snow last night for us, but we got some today.

Adina, such a pretty rose! Wah, I want spring!!

38*. We started with sleet. Then it rained off and on. Then it rained snow. Then it just snowed straight down. Nothing stuck. We even got a bit of thunder. It's not a nice day. I'm glad I worked out all day yesterday!

Hollyhocks for a Happy Birthday!

Thumbnail by billyporter
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

The little kitty statue is very sweet, Sharon. :-)

Deb, the picture of the buds is beautiful!!

Kiska, that water-not-fall is amazing. How are your eyes doing?

No tents or air mattresses. We're going upscale with bunkbeds in a cabin. LOL I think it will be fun, too. :-)

The Mountain Laurels and Mexican Plum are done blooming now and the Brazos Penstemon is starting to bud. I'll try to get a picture of it in bloom this weekend. Spring has officially left the Houston area and is moving north.

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 1:53pm CDT (44 min ago)
Temperature 80 °F 27 °C
Dew Point 61 °F 16 °C
Humidity 52%
Pressure 29.94 in 1013.8 mb
Wind Speed 20 MPH
G 28 17 kts
G 24
Wind Dir S 170°
Ceiling Unlimited Unlimited
Visibility 10 mi 16.1 km
Heat Index 81 °F 27 °C
Current Conditions Mostly Clear
Peak Wind: 26 kts from 180 (18:30 GMT).
6 hour min temperature ending 12:53pm CDT : 64.9°F / 18.3°C

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Marylyn, laughing over the bunks! That's my kind of camping :))

I planted Brazos penstemon and they came thru the winter almost evergreen. I never had a bloom last year. I hope it will this year. I look forward to your photo.

Spring is over, that is so sad.

(Zone 3b)

Thanks; glad you've enjoyed seeing some of the sights along the way to Fairbanks last week. There is snow, and lots of it, between here and Fairbanks. The ice on that river, under that bridge, is now at 47" thick. I've guessed that it will go out on in mid-April, or early May.
Love the idea of camping in a cabin, Marylyn.
Some improvement w/eye; thanks.
bp~Spring is over? Come on up and see it again in a few weeks:)) Love the hollyhock; an old time favorite.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Quoting:
Spring is over, that is so sad.
Well, the pecan trees haven't leafed out yet, so I suppose it isn't quite over... LOL They're always last. But the wondering whether this warm spell is going to last is pretty much over. We still have a couple of months of good gardening time left. By the end of June it's just too stinkin' hot to do much outside, so the garden has to fend for itself until the middle of September. It always looks good out there in May and October, and is hit and miss otherwise. LOL

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Laughing, Kiska, I still have spring to come! Good point tho! A person could visit and have spring year round LOL!

Marylyn, my neighbor used to snow bird around Mission and by the middle of April they were home because it was getting too hot. We don't get warm till June. Memorial day is usually freezing cold !! Stinking hot is July and August!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.