Canna #3

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

happens to me too...lol

just kidding, luckily my exposure to watching racing is pretty nonexistent...but the museums and promotional stuff is everywhere, not to mention everyone that wants to be a little Earnhardt cutting you off the road. I think I said before the Richard Petty museum isn't far from here

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

Trop - you were digging trees out of a marsh huh? lol - I second the unworked muscles, those bags of compost are so much heavier this year !?

Back at home, sporting a very nice tan if I do say so myself --- when I went to walk the girls to the bus stop, snow flakes were falling, it's sunny and cold now tho.

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

funny, I'm thinner (at the moment...as I reach for the bag of dark chocolate) but don't feel "solid" at all..lol

we've had a couple of rainy days...cooped up and running back and forth to the GH to repot and try and stay busy

visited Park Seed on Saturday

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Been busy here, as usual. Have spring fever, want to see some nasty storms during the day. Because I wanted to see them today they all went south of here! Oh well. There were tornadoes which no one needs but so far no one has been hurt.

Trop, I think the storms are heading your way.

Yesterday I went out and cleaned the leaves off of my coneflowers and some other beds next to that one. Big ole pile of leaves. I put them in a pile but I have a feeling with all the wind today that it might be gone. lol. We had strong enough winds to blow a person over.

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

... oooh Pep that sounds nasty!

Aurora, CO(Zone 5b)

First forsythia blooms!!! Spring is here!

The storms were nasty. Lots of damage. We were lucky and only had some minor limbs down.

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

vadap...lol...I thought I was a little impatient, I'm being kind of chicken, nothing new is going in the ground until after 4-15...except stuff that's already acclimated, I mean...lol

(Tammie) Odessa, TX(Zone 7b)

nice weather here.. the cannas are now growing like weeds.. some almost a foot tall already. others just about 6 inches. temps have been anywhere from 65 to 90 in the day. We had 1" of rain the night before easter. That was the first rain since december.. nothing since either. Oh well, guess we can't have everything but I would love some more rain so I don't have to water the yard so much. Front grass was parched a little while ago.. watering now.

Tammie

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

nice Tammy, I'd gladly trade you some rain if you pass the sun !

Here a few bright spots to liven you all up - lazy posters!!! This was supposed to be a "summer blooming" daffodil, yeah right ! - why do I fall for things like that? Anyway, it's really tiny and fluffy with multiple blooms on each stem, so definitely a keeper. I like it by the purpley barberry.

Thumbnail by Redtootsiepop
Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

some hot tulips , and what am I doing posting pics, we have an open house here in an hour !!!!

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

clematis "apple blossom" which smells heavenly

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

ok last one, ( I still need to vaccum the stairs & fam room)... This is the Japanese Friendship Garden in San Jose, it was gorgeous - lots and lots of koi as long as my arm. There were several ponds, this is just one.

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

Koi are good eating

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

NO WAY !!!!! Have you really eaten them? I don't know if i believe you!

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

LOL There Just Big Carp

I have a few tulips blooming and I finally got my primulas planted and some of them are blooming. That's it so far. lol. Still early in the season for us. Next month the yard will be covered in blooms.

At work we have itty bitty irises, lots of daffies, and I think there might be a few tulips popping up now. I will have pics of that in a couple weeks when I lead a small tour there.

Here are primulas in a pot along with a decorative bird I just recieved today in a swap.

Thumbnail by pepper23
Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

Very cute Pepper - it's nice to know Spring is on its way, time for me to douse the yard with Sluggo - the hosta are up. I saw a disgusting earwig yesterday, too - I hate those things.

None of my hostas or ferns are up yet. Pretty much all of our plants are a week or more behind in blooming or even just coming up. It's just the way the season has been going. :~)

Rain, rain, rain. Supposed to rain tonight, tomorrow, snow on Fri and Sat. We are saturated and probably will flood again. Grrrr.

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

sorry Pep - we've had alot of rain, too - not flooding tho.... I'm sick of it, too. That, and selling a house during this terrible time - not enjoying .

Aurora, CO(Zone 5b)

About 3" of snow, with about 1-2" through the day! : ) 60's over the weekend and 70s next week. Things are about to take off around here. Have lots of daffs and others about to bloom out and just about to emerge from their winter sleep. Meanwhile, cannas are safely in the garage, with a few already sprouting above the soil.

Daffs and tulips finished blooming already.. iris some already in their second round of blooms.. been blooming for 2 weeks... hail last night and 1/4 inch rain.. very windy today.. shingles off part of my roof. currently 75 and winds at 28 gusting to 53... OK, that is enough wind. Top of my pond is solid shredded leaves off the trees.

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

oooh - crazy spring weather !!! I'm glad it's getting warmer for you Paul , our weekend is supposed to be nice as well.

Tammie, sounds like a mess ! What are you going to do about your roof?

Where's our little Trop ?

Dad will fix the roof when he gets back in town... 75 and still does all my stuff around here.. I have a great dad! We don't expect any rain again for a while so it will be OK.

There is stuff piled up everywhere blowing and shredded off all the trees... wind is finally slowing down for the evening... yea!

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

I am hiding from you people hoping y'all don't bring snow on me..lol

it was cloudy and cold for a couple of weeks...yuck, and I've been doing lots of running, boyfriend's birthday...party...etc...etc

Paul, send all your snow to Trop!! LOL

We got hit with storms again today. And lots and lots and lots of wind. Strong winds. 50-80 mph gusts. A wild day for sure.

Cold again tomorrow in the low 40s, snow possible either tomorrow or Sat then start warming up again on Sunday. Typical midwest spring.

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

psssst...y'all don't tell pepper it's her birthday (phicks did a bday thread go look...)

pepper...that little curse almost worked, we had 2 nights in a row with frost...luckily I had only kicked a few things out of the GH, nothing I really cared about. It gets really warm during the day too...weird

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

Snow???

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

Thanks Trop, I might have missed the little one's birthday ! Hope she's out causing trouble : )

Getting ready for DH's bday (43!) on the 19th, Saturday - having family over, should be fun.

No trouble causing by me though I should have. The one person who should have wished me a happy birthday at work didn't so I'm kinda mad at that person. lol.

Otherwise it was a great day. Nice and sunny though a bit windy. And WARM!!!!

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

I'm glad the weather was nice for your day !

... hopefully the "person" will be more thoughtful in the future.

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

Must be a Guy LOL

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

uh-oh...pepper's got a "person"....go girlie...no wait, don't if he didn't at least say Happy Birthday

I 'm kind of glad the cannas hadn't come up out of the ground very much, frost three nights in a row....I hear you colder zones groaning, but of all things, the japanese painted ferns looked the worst

My ferns haven't even come up yet and I am beginning to wonder if they ever will. But alot of things are just now poking their heads up so I will wait awhile.

LOL. It was my mechanic. He remembered earlier in the year but then I say something the other day and he don't. Go figure. lol

Aurora, CO(Zone 5b)

Sun and windburn yesterday, today snow. Gotta love Colorado! (yeah, right) We had highs of 80+ yesterday (Tue) and 40s today. It is snowing out right now (2-8" depending which part of the city). Yesterday, I came home and took a very cold shower I was burned so bad. Barely felt the cold. Oh well! Actually have about a dozen daffs that have bloomed, along with fosythia. Other than that, very quite, except in the basement.

I just heard this morning that there are wildfires over there in CO.

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

that is utter craziness Paul,

the perennials are taking off here, nice today - need to go cut all the dead daffy heads off, throw some fertilizer on the grass. James has requested McMenamin's HammerHead beer for his bday party. Here is a description:

A classic Northwest pale ale and McMenamins top selling beer. This rich chestnut colored gem is a model of harmony between hops and malted barley. Hammerhead's signature Cascade hop nose and intense hopped flavor blend nicely with the caramel tones from the crystal malt. This beer has a vocal following. To run out is an unforgivable sin. Malts: Pale Malt; Crystal Malt Hops: Cascades Specifications: Original Gravity: 1.056; Terminal Gravity: 1.010; Alcohol by Weight: 4.7% Calories/pint: 241

I better get alot , I don't want to commit an unforgiveable sin - (I didn't need to know the calorie count, now I know why I'm not hungry after a couple of pints)

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

hows it taste ? Sweet ? Bitter? Paul

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

I love the phrase, "model of harmony between hops and malted barley". Now I want to try it....when we used to have homebrew contests and I got to judge, one of the scales you rate a beer on is the hops/malt balance. By the description they make it sound like a nice clear mix...but looking at the grains they're using versus hops, I'm guessing it will be slightly more bitter than sweet.

lol...it looks good, you'll have to give us the full report, Red :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.