Flower Software

Monroe City, MO(Zone 6a)

Hello!~ I had to leave for awhile and when I got back home at 2 pm, my flower software email was here!! Hooray!!!! I got it downloaded...pretty easy...and after supper I am going to play with it!! I can hardly wait!!!!

Monroe City, MO(Zone 6a)

Where are the instructions for the program located? It won't let me type in anything. I have Windows Vista.

Madison, AL(Zone 7b)

Hmmm, I am still using Windows XP.

This was part of my initial Email:

Quoting:
If you have Windows Vista, the first time you run the Flower 2008 program, you will have to right click on the icon and select "Run as Administrator".

Have you tried this?

If it does not work, send an Email to Kent at kbelan@mchsi.com and he should be able to help you.

This message was edited Feb 4, 2009 3:41 PM

Monroe City, MO(Zone 6a)

Yes...I saw that and after the first few times of opening the program up, now it doesn't ask for that anymore. I am slowly figuring it out....I didn't realize at first that I had to hit the "edit" button!!!..duh!!...lol....but I am getting there...slow but sure!!!!

It's just going to be one of those "learning as I go things" for me!!!

Thanks for your info and help, though!

Columbia, TN(Zone 7b)

And you have to save (thereby exiting the edit function) before you can add pictures!

MollyD

Monroe City, MO(Zone 6a)

Oh my.....this is going to take awhile for me to get the hang of everything!!!

Columbia, TN(Zone 7b)

grannyh after you've entered a few of your flowers it'll become second nature. It only seems hard when you first sit down to do it but it's not that bad. It's the kind of thing best learned by doing.

MollyD

Dexter, ME

I got the software had a glitch,but they where so kind to let me know it was windows,very fast to help,and i simply love it.I

Monroe City, MO(Zone 6a)

Thanks Molly.....the moral support helps alot....and I know I always have my DG friends to help me out!

Madison, AL(Zone 7b)

Grannyh: I only asked Kent one question, but he seemed very willing to help. From everything I have heard the support for this program is phenomenal.

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

when I got mine I contacted Kent and he was wonderful. Helped me enter and get photos in also. I still have a cple questions for him but know when I get into entering the seeds I purchased he will guide me. He is so helpful.

Madison, AL(Zone 7b)

Grannyh (and anyone else), I have to stress that Kent is a great resource, but you will need to contact him directly for help. As the supplier it can be problematical for him to reply here on the forum.

Columbia, TN(Zone 7b)

I agree 100% with DitchLily206. Kent has gone above and beyond the call of duty in helping people with this program. So many companies sell you stuff and then act like you're the problem when you can't run it. Kent will help anyone right away if there is any sort of glitch. Email him!

MollyD

Monroe City, MO(Zone 6a)

Well, I played around with it all evening last night, and you are so right....the more I worked with it~the easier it was getting. I'll be sure to email Kent if anything comes up that I just can't seem to figure out.

Columbia, TN(Zone 7b)

grannyh LOL I had the same reaction as you. When people were telling me what to do my eyes glazed over and I thought no way I can do this! But I can. I've slowly been learning the different things it can do as I need the new functions. At first I was just happy with inputting my plants. Now I'm learning to work with the hybridizing function. The hard part is sitting at the computer for long stretches of time. My mind is willing but my body rebels.

MollyD

Monroe City, MO(Zone 6a)

Oh Molly!!..it's like you read my mind!!.....lol....last night I was thinking "good..now I can get my own flowers in and I'll worry about the rest later". I think for now I'll just keep up the binders as far as my seedlings are concerned. I can always fool with that part of it on rainy days in the Spring (hopefully not like last year's rain!).

I know what you mean about 'the mind is willing'.....this morning I thought ~What was I thinking last night?!!!!~lol

Madison, AL(Zone 7b)

Glad it is working out. Once you start getting things in, if you are like me, you will find yourself going to the program to see if you have a plant, how many fans of it there are and perhaps even where you planted it. How useful the program is for you will partially depend on how much information you decide to enter. It is also nice that you can also go back and add something if you later decide you want that info.

One of the things I have really utilized is the "Purchased From" tab. I like being able to go back and see who I bought a plant from, how much I paid, how many fans I got, when I bought it, and finally when and where I planted it. You can even note if you have left feedback and make a note about what kind of feedback was left.

Monroe City, MO(Zone 6a)

DitchLily~ I really like that idea...about the Purchased From.....I like to keep track of what kind of condition the plants or seeds were in when I received them and usually I write it on the invoice. This will be much handier! I'll have to check into that tab!

Columbia, TN(Zone 7b)

LOL hope the aches go away real soon and you can get some more done soon.

MollyD

Dexter, ME

question I just bought this and I saw infomation on Hybridizing Daylily's does it actually pick crosses you can use?or is it a chart so you can list them for your on reference? I didn't read the whole post so please bear with me.

Madison, AL(Zone 7b)

You pick. The program lets you set it all up: choose the pod and pollen parents. It helps by eliminating either Tets or DIps from the choices once you have picked one parent.

Then you can record when the cross was made, how many seeds resulted (if any), on through recording the seedings.

Brown City, MI(Zone 5a)

Flowersrthebest,

Once you enter the daylilies you have and click on "hybridize", you will get a page that shows all the daylilies you have in two windows ... Pod Parent and Pollen Parent.

Once you select a cultivar from either list, the other list will change showing only the ones of the same polidy ... dip or tet ....

You can look at the stats ... photos if you've entered any ... and dream about what you would like to pair it up with. You can save your "dream cross" in "planning".

So, it doesn't make any suggestions for you, but it does help you dream.

Hope that helped you a bit,
Kathy

Madison, AL(Zone 7b)

What Tree_Climber said. Hers was better.

Brown City, MI(Zone 5a)

haha .......... we were writing at the same time DitchLily.

Madison, AL(Zone 7b)

Great minds.....

Dexter, ME

Thanks Treeclimber and Ditchlily That help me so much I am excited now where is spring?

Brown City, MI(Zone 5a)

Your very welcome, have fun.

- Kathy

Madison, AL(Zone 7b)

Bumping thread. There is a new update out there for those interested. Lots of new things added.

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

I needed some of this info as I have his program too. Thanks

Madison, AL(Zone 7b)

:-)

Dowagiac, MI

I just can't say enough good things about this Software. It was the best investment I've ever made and certainly makes my life easier. I can't imagine doing daylilies without it.
blpender

Agawam, MA(Zone 6a)

I only have a few daylilies. But, as Ken keeps expanding and adding new improvements to all facets of the program. I find the program wonderful and strongly recommend the program to all who have gardens and want to keep organized. I have had the program for a couple of years and it has proven wonderful and Ken keeps improving the program as time goes on. He also keeps totally involved and tries to improve the program with ideas from his customers.

Chandlersville, OH

Does anyone know if this program will work on the OS 10 operating system used by Apple?

This bloomed yesterday. All the daylilies are so early this year - yea!

Thumbnail by daylilypat
Madison, AL(Zone 7b)

According to the web site it "Runs under Windows XP, Vista and Windows7 only. (Some Macs can run Windows programs)".

http://www.plantstep.com/software.htm

Send Kent a message asking him your question, he always answers.

http://www.plantstep.com/support.htm

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.