Today's Weather in Your Garden - 14

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

43 and feels like it will rain any minute now.

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Clouding up here and if it is starting out there we should have some rain by early tomorrow am. Temp is 43 degrees right now.

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Flood watch for here through tomorrow night. I cleared the last of the leaves out of the gutters. My neighbor has this 70 ft tall oak that drops its leaves in December and January.

Boxford, MA(Zone 6a)

LOL...
I live in a swamp. Just like Monty Python's Swamp Castle. Everybody said I was daft to buy a house in a swamp, but I bought it just the same, just to show 'em.
Someone had the idea to site the house on a ledge and fill in the land around it. As a result, I sit high and dry, and enjoy the "crick" behind me swell and flow into Fish Brook. It's a perfect example of how wetlands keep flood waters at bay. Too bad the Louisiana corps of Engineers did not understand this principle when they filled the estuary (sp?) at the mouth of the Mississippi.
4" might make me sink into the swamp- so I'll build a second house...
No rain yet!

Sounds nice.

Boxford, MA(Zone 6a)

My mosquitoes are the size of bald eagles.

That doesn't sound so nice, as I am a skeeter magnet.

belleville, NJ(Zone 6a)

they are predicting 2 - 3" of rain here, tonight through tomorrow.
ugh.

Port Matilda, PA(Zone 6a)

37 degrees and raining here.

North Augusta, ON

(sigh)

Snowing hard.

and freezing rain tomorrow AM as I go to work :(

Jax, I have seen those bald eagle skeeters at Girl Scout camp up in Maine!

Eastern Long Island, NY(Zone 7a)

Temp 42.2°, Wind E 1.5 mph, Windchill 31.1°, raining. ☺

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Hey! Watch it with the Maine jokes! Those bald eagle skeeters are what we use to keep the tourist in place! LOL

North Augusta, ON

A picture is worth a thousand words (sigh)

Thumbnail by threegardeners
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Awe Lee Ann, more snow!! Sorry! We are getting just rain so far.(fingers crossed)

Thomaston, CT

It is 40 & has stopped raining for the moment--jays are complaining I didn't put the "right " food out this morn--headed upstate to Goshen to babysit the little grand girls---hope we don't run into any freezing precip there, but if it's only rain in Maine, we should be OK.

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

We had rain overnight too. The showers stopped but have kicked in again. Heaviest stuff this afternoon. Flood watch and warnings all over the region. Light breeze and 37 degrees. Hoping the ground has defrosted enough to soak up some of this rain. Looks like the swamp thing out there again, a lot of mud and muck. Try to stay high and dry everyone. :)

Another 3" of rain for this afternoon and thunderstorms tonight. Even the bricks will be sopping wet!

42 and raining. About one inch so far. More to come.

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

I forgot to put my rain gauge out before all this. 43, raining. Had a crash of thunder and lightning, but it seems it was just a one time thing. No pond in the backyard yet, just very squishy.

Same here. Heard it in the last half hour.

Temp 47.3°, Wind NE 1.1 mph, raining steadily. ☺

North Augusta, ON

Taken just now, looking across the road, snowy and blowy...better than floods though.

Thumbnail by threegardeners

With all that snow, floods are probably in your future.

When my SIL moved out of Jamestown, NY because of all the snow I thought she was exaggerating... boy was I wrong! ☺

North Augusta, ON

She wasn't exaggerating!!

This am DH shoveled the 5 inches we got last night so I could go to the store, right now you can't tell he shoveled.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Just rain here. I would have liked to see a little more snow this winter, but I'll wait till December for more.

Soft Irish rain here - 9 days early.

Irish mist?

Actually I would prefer Bailey's Irish Cream!

Now it's raining normal type of rain but five minutes ago it was anything but Irish, coming down as if the heavens opened up.

Same here, but it has let up. Still under 1 1/2 inches so far from yesterday. I had to go out in the downpour because the overflow of one of my rain barrels was not working.

Just a few warm and sunny days and the plants will be leaping out of the ground. I know the ones I gave the coffee to are wide awake.

Decaf is better for the more anxious ones. Next two days look sunny but cold.

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Raining pretty heavy here, kinda cold and raw at only 38 degrees but it is waaaay better than the white frozen rain. Puddles, darn I was hoping for more drainage this time.

Mine is a mix of 2/3 decaf and 1/3 caf. Maybe the plants will only be one third awake.

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Bloody 'ell cold here yet, 16 at Noon.

Wow!

Rhinebeck, NY(Zone 5b)

Hi, we're having torrential rains here today in the mid-Hudson Valley...the stream in the backyard, which typically runs 18" wide, is at 25 feet across and is cresting over the road.

I decided to do something garden related, so I went to the Agway for ingredients for organic fertilizer I'm going to try to make this year. But it's too wet to move the bags into the shed to mix it!

16, Al! Down with global warming!

daisy - it's a really rotten day along the east coast. I think we just might have had enough rain for a week or two.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.