Today's Weather in Your Garden - 14

Shelburne Falls, MA(Zone 5a)

All the Shelburne's line up to form the frontier in the 1700's named after the Earl of Shelburne, an official at the time. Nova Scotia, VT., NH, MA.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

It's snowing, just like they said it would. Why can't they be wrong on THAT once in awhile?!!
I'm not going to look out the window any more today, going to stare at this all day instead. This picture is the true color of 'Pink Diamond'.

Thumbnail by pixie62560
Upper Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 5a)

I have a solar light on a trellis out in my garden and last night it was very bright and stayed on longer than usual - sign that sun is higher in the sky and it gets more power from the sun. I just wish it would melt the snow faster - think I said that yesterday too. Eleanor
p.s. Is this the weather thread? If it is, it's cloudy with a chance of snow! You'll have to excuse me - I had a biopsy on a lymph glad this morning and I'm still under the influence and I don't know if I'm coming or going - very loopy!!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Eleanor, I hope everything turns out alright!!

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

grammyphoeb, I wish you the best results. I would also like to wish Pixie NO MORE SNOW. Had to shout, mother nature needs to turn up her hearing aid or stop putting us all on ignore. Beautiful hippeastum. I may need that one for next year. I am light on the pinks and am beginning to love some of them. Patti

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Yes - best wishes with everything, Eleanor.

Upper Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 5a)

Thanks guys - hopefully I'll know within a week what the results are!! Yuck - just started snowing!! Eleanor

South Hamilton, MA

Snow showers after rain. Hamilton was named after alexander form revolutionary times--I think he was in the mid-atlantic area but who knows--maybe the people had an account at the National bank. Cold, with snow showers after rain.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I'm in Hamilton too(but NJ), how funny. For such a small state you think they could come up with more names. I'm in Hamilton Twp and there's another one in south Jersey, there are 3 Franklin townships, 2 Millstones, there's a Morristown and a Moorestown(if you say it too fast, people get confused), 2 Ocean townships-split by 2 neighboring counties, 2 Washington townships and a city Washington.
Real creative!

Anyway, crazy weather, sunny-cloudy, back and forth all day, now wind has picked up. 46 degrees

Thomaston, CT

One wish & Pix ---nice shots! It is 42, sunny & cloudy, windy, & flurrying--in other words, a typical March day in NW CT. Supposed to rain & snow tomorrow & Sun. Yipee. Amy, there are a lot of -bury towns in Ct. But we are Thomastown, after Seth Thomas--the clockmaker! I'm going to try & send a pic of my amaryllis--I keep forgetting what to do--ther's got to br an easier way. Nope--not going to do it today--dead battery on the digital. Eleanor--good luck.

Eastern Long Island, NY(Zone 7a)

Lots of Indian and English (UK) names here on Long Island along with some contemporary nomenclature. (If you just preface everything with 'windy' you'll get an accurate description.)

Temp 48.2°, Wind WNW 18.7 mph, Wchill 32.1°, mixed clouds and sun. ☺

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Windy is especially apropos today since they're varying between 15 and 20 with gusts to 35.

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

We've had sun, then clouds, then flurries, then sun, clouds, flurries and so on. Lots of wind throughout. The average temp is in the low 40s. Pretty typical for March, I guess.

belleville, NJ(Zone 6a)

windy, but mostly sunny today - yay!

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

The gusty wind returned with the sun this afternoon. Temp now is 39 degrees.

41 and windy here. Mix of sun and clouds.

New thread. Bring your snow, wind, cold, etc., here:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/823007/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.