Today's Weather in Your Garden - 14

Creek or a crick?

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Critch.

Southern Dutchess Co, NY(Zone 5b)

Looks like the swale in my back yard!

When is a ditch not a creek nor a swale??

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Swale! Great golfing lingo.

It was manmade years ago, are there manmade creeks?

Southern Dutchess Co, NY(Zone 5b)

Why not? There are man-made wet lands. Don't get me started....

belleville, NJ(Zone 6a)

is it a wicked ditch?

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Or a bickering witch. No, no! I must remember AUP!

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

I'm laughing though, Arlene. Laughter is good.

Al, I love your ditch photo.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

It's 36 degree's this morning!!!!!!!!! WOW im in shock!

47 here but with the wind chill it's 41, very sunny and a nearly cloudless sky.

45 and overcast. Will be rainy through tomorrow.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

It is now 37 but cloudy. We are due for rain showers today, turning to a wintry mix tonight. Snow accumulations will be about 3" then turning to sleet/freezing rain by morning. Chances are high we will lose power as the freezing rain will last several hours. We can expect 1/4 " of ice on the wires and trees by Wed. noon.

This has happened in Maine with in the last 4 days:

Sacopee Valley High School in Hiram had to close the school due to roof collapse.
Lebanon Elementary School had to close due to 19 broken beams in the rafters of the roof.
Jefferson Village School had an electrical fire, not sure if it too was weather related.

Shovel your roofs people!!!!!

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Sunny with a few clouds and a good stiff wind. Its a warm wind though and its a siily 52 degrees here early this am. Rain later.

Port Matilda, PA(Zone 6a)

45 degrees and raining...goodbye snow!

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

I am in Boston, but heading to Portland area today for the week. I don't need any snow, thank you very much. I grew up in Oklahoma, where if it snowed I just didn't drive. I still am terrified to drive in it, especially after I got run off the road in an ice storm on RT2 heading west and did a 360 after hitting the guard rail, just missing a semi, by inches as I slide across the oncoming traffice into the ditch heading east. I was able to get home to Vt but the car was totally wrecked on the passenger side and I was a mental case. Another driver got the plate of the truck that caused the crash, but I didn't wait around to see if the police got him. Several people behind me turned around to see if I had survived. Nice folks. I now just don't drive when there is snow or ice. So no snow this week in Maine. I think that would make Pixie happy too. Patti

Hi Patti. Enjoy your trip!

First crocus! I started a thread for spring blooms.

Thumbnail by victorgardener
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

It would make me very happy Patti, but we are due for a few inches late tonight. Have a good trip!!

BTW..it's 46 degree's here!!! Woo Hoooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This message was edited Mar 4, 2008 11:02 AM

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

drat. I hope it is not a coastal storm. Patti

Wow - get outside and soak it up, Celeste!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

I believe it said the coast will get mostly rain, but it may be freezing rain in the morning.

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Thanks, after I pick my friend up at Mass Gen (her release has been delayed till 1:00) I will get her up there an in bed and then go do the food shopping and anything she needs medically tonight. Then I won't need to drive if it is nasty. Patti

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Sun is out, but it's 20 and windy here today.

Thomaston, CT

It is 45 & sort of drizzly--heavy rain tonight with a flood watch for us--same old, same old--lovely pic, Victor--the bright yellow is so flashy this time of year--I have crocus foliage sticking up out of snow--no blooms, yet.

belleville, NJ(Zone 6a)

it is VERY dark here. really depressing.

Dark gloomy, raining and going to turn into freezing rain and possibly white stuff. It's 40 degrees, something positive for now.

belleville, NJ(Zone 6a)

o look. now it's raining here too
it is SO dark..
blah.
i just want to crawl back into bed.

Raining pretty hard here now. About 1/4 inch so far. Down to 42 degrees.

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Overcast now, windy and very dark at 53 degrees. Waiting for the rain to start.

Hailing or freezing rain. I think hailing.

Heavy rains here from 3 to 3:15 and now just dark and gloomy at 51 degrees.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Good grief, is there one big black cloud hanging over the N.E.? You guys are going to send it my way, aren't ya?
It was sunny and beautiful here for half of the day and I enjoyed it!! Bought me a pair of New Balance sneakers, shorts, skort, top and rode around with the window open all day. It felt wonderful, and I can't begin to tell you what it did for my spirits! Now all I need is a haircut and a tan and im good to go. LOL

Eastern Long Island, NY(Zone 7a)

Temp 53°, Wchill 47.6°, Wind SSW 7.1 mph, Cloudy, light rain. ☺

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

thanks Victor I have to go out and check for crocus tomorrow or after it stops raining anyway

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Heavy downpours, gusty winds and thunder this am. Has settled down to just rain showers now and temp at 43 degrees. Saw two chipmunks this am, they must have woke up due to the warmer weather, don't think they will stay out for good, but it does mean the earth is starting to warm up a little. Top couple of inches is defrosted that's it so far, very mucky and lots of water sitting on top in big puddles with no where to go.

48 and drizzling, but getting brighter, Got about 1 1/4 inches.

Thomaston, CT

It is 50, rainy, & like your place Ngam, water is sitting everywhere! Driveway looks navigable by canoe--brick patio has water standing, but is probably draining straight to cellar!

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Boy it's cold here, our average high is 36 now - but all low 20's this week.

Its not sneaker weather nowhere. In the yard or in town you need rubber boots.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.