I'm sending you a big Bouquet of Spring Flowers

(Kim) Philadelphi, PA(Zone 6a)

To funny!!!
Here is my sweety : )

Thumbnail by kimarj

My nose is still peeling :{

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

That'll be a trip to remember! Glad that you both had a great time!!!! It is really beautiful there!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Kim, with a hunk like that, I bet you didn't even notice the cabin boys!!!!

Thanks Jeanne! It was my first cruise and we had a blast DH said snorkeling in Cayman was awesome!!

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Did you get sea sick? Could you feel the motion? Will you be going back?

I have friends that do a cruise annually if they can. They love it!!!

Robin, Kim: The banana trees can be shipped OK! Just thought I'd let you know!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Memories are made of these...♪♫♫♫

Cabin boys???? Please no swelling of his head....he looks a lot younger than he is sheesh!

Thumbnail by kimarj

No I did not get sick. Every now and then you could feel the ship move.I wiil do it again saving up already ha ha ha! When I look at my banana tree it will take me back ^_^

Thumbnail by kimarj
Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

I'm glad that you had a good time! I hope that you have as good an experience with your nanners.....Well, the best as you can comparatively speaking! LOL!!!

Well back to work in the morning : {
Nite all!

Thumbnail by kimarj
Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Nite! Sweet dreams of your wonderful cruise!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Nite Sweet 1, back to reality...bummer! Nite Jeanne!

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Glad to hear you had a great time!!!!
In your pic,standing next to the water,was the water cold or warm?????
Did you get any seeds ????
Back to work,what a bummer!!!!LOL

Thanks Don!!
Hot sun and warm water :)
Ha ha ha..I found some sort of hibiscus pods ; } growing by the beach in Cozumel.
Y'all have a great day!!!!

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

What ever you do,Don't fall a sleep next to one of those pods!!!!LOL

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Pod people, ooooooo scarey.

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Me so skeeerd...very very skeeerd...(accompanied by Dueling Banjoes)

Hahahahaha!!..... evil grin ; }
You all should be scared .......I know where you live.
You first Don!!!!!!!!..won't even know it's there growing~then all of the sudden.......

This message was edited May 1, 2008 9:14 PM

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Well come on over,were getting hurricanes winds,rain ,marble size hail,lightning,thunder,that would scare Frankenstein!!!!!LOL

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

You forgot tonados, Don. lol

Trip looks fantastic!! Glad you had a blast!!

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

So glad to hear that you are OK Pepper.....Were the tornados close to you? Was thinking about you when they were on the news!

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Are you close to Liberty???
Glad to here your ok!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Tornados here yesterday about 55 miles away. Hit Canton Texas and First Monday Flea Market is under way this weekend. Brings in 100,000 people every month. Beautiful day and the market was packed. Came from nowhere. May is our worst month for tornadoes.

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Hiya Christi! Amanda, post pics of your beautiful botanical gardens plz.
Amen to you all being safe from tornadoes.
Lovely lovely day today and it's so much fun being able to work longer out there! I bet you Don have started making a list on what more to get this year.
Look out kids, he'd soon be building another GH!

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

I am east of KC and Liberty is about an hour from me. So somewhat close.

The tornados were all in towns that are 20 min away and 45 min away. So they were close but weren't heading our way. There was a slim chance for them to at one point but they didn't take an easterly direction.

I will take pics of the gardens next time I am out and about thru there. I don't get into the heart of it very often because I am usually cleaning the buildings and on weekends I am usually getting other stuff done. But next time I walk thru I will take the camera and get pics.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Hey, there, girls. What a great Saturday night. Looking out my window (with them open) to a fantastic view. God has blessed me this spring. He has allowed everything I planted to bloom. Sooo beautiful.

LouC

Hello!! Just checking in,glad you are all safe.
I did do a little in the yard today. :)

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Working outside until dark,and came into here the weather,they said patchy frost tonite!!!
What,said nothing all week long about frost then hit me with it now!!!!!
So I checked the weather channel and accurite,there not saying patchy frost,but 39*.
Why won't ole man winter give in to mother nature,and get past this up and down temperatures!!!!LOL
Ok all my fingers are cracked and hurting,around the nails,dry skin,been using vitamin e
but it no longer working,any fast answers to help my sore fingers,and if that ain't bad enough come down with head cold,sore throat!!!!!

Glad everyone is safe and sound,think it's time to start another thread,I'll see about getting that done tomorrow!
Nite

Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

Aloha Don,

Sorry to hear that you are feeling under the weather and that Spring hasn't quite sprung yet in your neck of the woods.

I don't know if you have ever tried Udder Cream for those sore cracked fingers? Quilters use it a lot, and it really seems to help with the cracking and soreness. Yes, it is acually cream used to put on the udders of the cows to help them with exactly the same problem when they are nursing...

Hope you feel better soon,

Jenny

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Same thing I was going to suggest, Jenny. My dad was a carpenter as a young man and worked in the elements and he swore by Corn Huskers oil. Sorry you are feeling raw. Best see your doctor. You will have all kinds of advice by the end of the day from all of your "mother hens". Take care, ya hear?

Christi

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Udder cream?
Where would I get some?
Huskers oil,will look for some also!
Thanks
Now something to relieve this sore throat!!!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Hot toddy.

Udder cream would be at a Joanne's crafts and fabric. Maybe even a drug store with the hands creams and such. Corn Huskers is an old product, it will be at the drug store as well. The original products are almost always the best and cheapest.

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Thanks Christi
I'll have Patti get me some today!
Start a new thread,so look for it soon!

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Hi Don,
I have to add my two cents worth on the cracked hands. Dave's has the same problem, with his hands cracking. It's awful...they bleed. He uses and swears by Bag Balm. It comes in a little green tin can at Wally. It too, is for cow's udders...and it works good for him. Doesn't smell very nice, but...ya do what ya gotta do..right?
And gargle with salt water for the throat, and then make a hot toddy. Whiskey, honey and lemon...heat in the microwave...and drink. Good luck!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Actually Bag Balm is the correct product name for udder cream.

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Yep,and thats what I bought tonite,couldn't take it any longer,just finished my shower and put some on,it's like wax,with this cold,can't smell anyway or anyhow.
Now I have chest cold and head cold,not going to work tomorrow,evrything seems to have settled in my hips and back,will most likely spend tomorrow in bed!!!!!!!
Bought some ZiCam liguid and cold ease throat lounges,had both so off to bed.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Science says that we only make new cells when the body is at total rest (sleep). Still the best medicine is to drink lots of water and go to bed. I think the aspirin part has been dropped. Take care of yourself. You get all of us worrying again.

Christi

Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

Feel better soon, Don! Try to take it easier..
Aloha.

mulege, Mexico

Bag Balm is carried in the pet section at Wallys. I use it, too. I've never noticed a smell.

katiebear

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.