I'm sending you a big Bouquet of Spring Flowers

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Just about to ask if I was the only one seeing psychodelic pink.
Now, that will wake you up.

LouC

(Kim) Philadelphi, PA(Zone 6a)

Groovy ; }

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Glad I'm not going out of my mind seeing it. YUK!

LOLOL!!

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

It must be an April Fools joke. I hope cause I can't stand that pink.

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Did someone cyber-pour a bottle of Pepto Bismo over your screens?????????

Lolol!! Happy April Fool's Day to you too Dave!!

That was a hoot!!

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Had frost on my windshield this morning!!!!!!
Looking at 34* in the morning again!!!
Then it's smooth sailing from then on out!!!!!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

I hope so, Don. My local bruggie lady just sent word saying she's setting up shop this weekend. She's optimistic like you!

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Jaye,
I sure hope so,my plants are just begging me to let them go outside and sun bathe!!!LOL

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Hi Everyone!

Frost....GRRRRR! I am so glad that it is warm here. The weather cooperated Sat. so I did get a couple of things done in the garden, but the sciatica kicked in and the the knee totally rebelled....so had to spend some "DownTime" afterwards!
We had to take Mom to the Dr. today...so had to be able to walk.....I relented and rested Sunday and Monday. It rained...stormed bad, but no damage locally. I did make it OK today thank goodness!

TM, sorry to hear about your MRI....do go see the DR, tho.....those bulged discs can be bad. None of it is any fun that's for sure. They have made great strides in backs surgery these days. Alot of people are having good success. Do some research for your area to pick a good Dr. tho.

Jaye, hope you are feeling better....take it slow! Do take care of yourself!

I guess I missed "the pink"......sounds interesting!

Aloha and Yokwe Y'all!

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Jeanne,
Glad to hear your doing better,after getting a few things done in the garden,then having to rest a couple days afterwards,I hear you,same hear,a price we all have to pay to garden anymore,hope your mom's doing better.
Send some of that warm weather up here!!!! 37* now.
Off to work,everybody have a great day.
Don

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

I'm not complaining if the weather here does not permit my plants to be outside!
37 is not to be envied..poor Don!
Jeanne, thank you for your kindness. You take good care of yourself too, and don't offer excuses if you needed rest!! Your body knows when to say "Stop". Hope your Mum's doing well.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

My problem is I have to rest more than I do anything else.....rest, rest, rest, then do a little, then rest alot. If I have a good day and act "normal", then I pay for it for days / weeks! I've hurt so much lately that I am just about ready to quit gardening. Most of the cleanup is done, except to repot a few things, and then after that it will just be to "water". We'll see....

We have a broad selection of plants, so I guess it's OK to "take a break" for awhile and just maintain.

No swimming pool this year. All of the Grandchildren are tall enough to go to a public pool, and they are all good swimmers! I know they will enjoy the opportunity to get to really swim!

Mom is OK. Her health isn't what it used to be. Her strength is weakening. She is blind in her left eye, and sight in the right is going fast. She has Glaucoma, Macular degeneration, and Feukes Syndrome (SP?). Tomorrow we have to go see the eye Dr. again. She is 79 and has survived colon cancer in 2001, and COPD where she stopped breathing in the ambulance in 2003....we almost lost her, but she gained her strength back and until this last year had been doing pretty good. At times she had more energy than me....but not anymore. Keep her in your prayers! I am thankful to have had her with us this long. We take it day by day! The Lord doesn't give us anymore than we can handle! We will make it.
HE is able and will provide! Glory to God in the Highest!

Aloha!

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Did anybody catch the Barbara Walter special last night,about living to 150 yrs old???

It showed this one lady from Texas I think,102 yrs old taking care of her 80 yr old daughter,sadly,2 weeks after the interview,the daughter passed away.
This lady has survived to bouts of Cancer,and a couple other things,still drives a car,and lives alone.
Right now in the U.S.,there is 84,000 people over a 100 yrs old!!!!!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

I missed that one Don. Was at a church's revival tonight, and there were these octogenerian twin sisters...stooped but mentally alert.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

TM we saw it! Amazingly the 102 yr old looked younger than her daughter who was 80! Many of the centurians are still driving, living active lives! Several still were working, owned businesses, staying busy! Amazing!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Staying busy, that must be the key Jeanne.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

They all had very positive attitudes and still saw a "purpose" for their being here.
They said that they also had "deep faith". They were very happy to be here and enjoyed helping others! Some were even cancer survivors, or had many major surgeries. It was a very interesting show!

If you can catch it on ABC.com it'd be worth seeing!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

I'm on dial up, and the feed will be painfully slow. Blessed are they with faith!

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Yes, for sure! I have faith that I am going to get a good night's sleep shortly!

Gonna call it a night! Sweet dreams all!

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Anyone interested in loop lock plant labels. Coop forum.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/830714/

Hello Everybody!!!
I just popped to let all who laughed at my fruit ccoktail tree ; } you know who you are lolol....... I got flower buds!!!!! Wooohoooo! apple peach plum pie anyone?????

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Wow!,I could of had a fruit punch!!!!LOL
Let me know if the flowers are fragrant!

I sure will..I hope that they are! Don you are the only one who gave me hope :)...you da man!!

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

I do too!
Hope makes the world go round!

Hello Y'all!!!!!!
Don the blooms do smell good : }
I won't be around for awhile going on a cruise...first time for me!!
Oh well of to work. 85* today whooohooo!
Everyone have a GREAT Day!!!
Kim :)

Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

Aloha Kim, where are you cruising to? Have a wonderful time and post pictures - I expect some of you are on the cruise with Sylvain now like I am, isn't the internet amazing!

Aloha Jen!! We will be going to Haiti..Mexico..Grand Caymans and Jamaica i'm thrilled! Thanks.
And yes I have been I have been with Sylvain cyber-sailing and it is grand.

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Kimmy,have fun,be safe!
And don't drink the water there!!!!LOL

Thanks Don!! You better chat up LouC she's looking for ya! You've been missed : )

Thumbnail by kimarj
Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Thanks
Yep I just answered her post on tropical plant forum!!!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Kim, if you can't get bottled water, drink the rum!! Hmm...wonder if they have ginger rum there?
Have fun!!

Hey Y'all I am in sunny Florida we will set sail this afternoon :) Ginger rum ;*} I think your on to something Jaye lolol!!

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Kim, watch out when you disembark on those islands the natives will run you down trying to get you to buy their stuff and if you don't they push you out of the way to get to the next person.

I'm a tuff old bird!! They better look out ;) he he he.

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Kim
I would think I'm with you,when I wake up to 60*+ weather in the morning,hope this is a sign spring has really sprung here in KS.
Spent all day yesterday planting bananas and palms outside,and will do more of the same today,thank god for Tylenol PM!!!!!
Well burning daylight,so enjoy!

mulege, Mexico

Have a great trip, Kim.

My part of Mexico is beautiful this time of year. In truth, I think it's beautiful almost all the time, but the weather is particularly nice this time of year.

I'm sure you'll manage to have a great time.

katiebear

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Don, I'm so glad you are able to work outdoors!
Yah, we have a mini nursery to take care of. You should be proud of this novice! Got 2 8X4 raised beds planted with Asiatic, Oriental lilies and Dahlias! Working on a bed just for hellebores. More curcumas, cannas and giant EEs to plant. And on top of these, about 2 dozen brugs that Kel will have to make forms for, to plant above ground.
Will send your 'stuffs' next week! Hello Patti!! Aren't you glad he's staying outdoors?
^_^
Kim...one thing those natives won't be trying to get this year, are the American dollars!!! lolol!!

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Hi Jaye,
80* outside and the wind is blowing 80 miles an hour as well!
All the leaves have been either ripped to shreds or blown off the plants completely!!!
Had to tie jute rope around everything to keep them from blowing away!!!!
And if that ain't the worst,forgot to put any sun screen on,and I'm burnt to a crisp!!!!
Well actually I'm glowing now,will be burnt tomorrow!!!!LOL

Thumbnail by Tropicman

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.