I'm sending you a big Bouquet of Spring Flowers

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Sun is so bright,can't get a good pic,so off to wally's to buy food for another week!!!

Thumbnail by Tropicman
TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Hiya Don....I have to look for old panty hoses to tie the tender limbs of the brugs to support stakes!! You must be blowing that wind over here....shoo-shoo-head off to the Caribbeans plz. Kim musn't have all the fun!!!!!!!!!
You browned to a crisp? Next time put on your welding helmet!
OK...off to do more work. I thank the Lord, this year, I can stay longer outdoors without being out of breath!
Don, grilled porkchops for dinner...come on over!
You too Katiebear, Robin, BHM, Christi and Jeanne!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Back outside for me as well. Yesterday was our RU at Broncbuster's home. Randy(rjuddharrison) came from Houston to go with us. It was great! As any of you that have been to and ru before know, you can't really describe it. Meeting with other DGer's and fleshing out the people you talk to everyday just can't be compared. We are a super nice family. Having been to Randy's tropical paradise I have been in awe ever since. He brought an unbelievable number of plants that are more than what I would call "full-grown". Another opportunity now to explore the realm of plants. Gosh, I should have taken a picture of them before they were scattered throughout the yard. Someday the retreat will happen and we will all get to meet. 'til then,

Christi

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

I love pork chops! That would be great!

Hope everyone is doing well!

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Dawng!
I missed pork chops!!!LOL
Well I hope mind didn't go to waste!!!
Heck I like them cold couple hours later for a late nite snack!!!!LOL

LouC no pictures at all of the whole RU?What were you thinking????LOL
OK,next time!

Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

Yummy! I might be a little late for dinner....LOL!

Christi, glad you had a great time at the RU, who did you get to meet?

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Too late...none went to waste. We snacked on them cold too!
Hi there Jeanne! True spring is finally here! No more guesses...yippee.
Christi, you must have had a swell time with RJ. I can imagine the beautiful plants he brought with him. Lucky receivers.
Oh well...another day at the general store tomorrow. Nite and have a great week!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Good Morning.

In my haste to leave home Saturday I forgot several things, the camera being one of them. There were an abundance of cameras there. They are just now being posted, a few at a time. Of course, all on the Texas forum. Come visit, we are a really friendly bunch.

Christi

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

It was such a beautiful day yesterday, I hope all of you aren't too sore from working outside. I didn't get to do anything, work got in the way. Jaye sorry I couldn't make it last night, it inspired me to do grilled pork steaks for dinner tonight along with grilled buttered sliced potatoes and onions. yum. Am going to try to work outside today.

I have a question I hope someone can answer. I received a white crinum from a wonderful DGer and I wanted to know if I should plant it in an area that would be shaded most of the day and get late afternoon and evening sun. The roots and lower half of the plant would be in shade all the time, only the top would get sun. Do you think it would be fine in that spot? And when I dig it up in the fall should I put it in a container of soil or just clean it and store it as a bulb?

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Robin, crinums love full sun...will tolerate light shade. I know they don't like to be disturbed for the next few years. So, it requires lots of patience.
Hence said, you can guess that my crinums are left in the ground. Perhaps someone has experience with crinums in pots.

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

I have it in a small pot right now till I can get it outside, I wanted to make sure it is warm enough before I did that. If they like full sun then I can move it to the front yard where I wanted it in the first place. Maybe it would be ok if I mulch it heavily for the winter months.

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

That might work Robin. I've been told that's how I have to do the reverse for my peonies, to get them growing here! Mulch heavily in the warm/hot months, and less mulching in the winter!

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Thanks Jaye, I'm going out now and get it planted before it gets too cramped in that pot.

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

I have several in the ground,but they are hardy not tropical ones,the tropical ones I leave in the pot!
The ones in the ground are just now poking there heads up,plant in full sun,good drainage
they tend to rot easily!

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

This is a crinum pandunculatum, plant files say 7b. I might try to push the zone on it. That is if I don't chicken out and pot it back up for the winter. If I do that it will just have to stay in the pot for the rest of it's life.

(Kim) Philadelphi, PA(Zone 6a)

I'm baaack...whaaaa..can I get some cheese with my whine???? ; } lolol!!

Thumbnail by kimarj
TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Welcome home Kim!!! We've been missing you! So, you want some cheese with your whine?? Or your wine???
Look at that spread...don't you think you had had enough to eat??

Thanks Jaye!!!!
Just whining cause it's over...hahaha!
I have missed you all too : )

Thumbnail by kimarj
Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

So glad to have you back! Are you going to post pictures so that we can all see what we missed.....besides missing you!!!!!!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

That is a beautiful work of art!!!! Looks like a glass blossom with antlers!!

There was soooo many forms of art my head was spinning... oh and food : ) Jaye I even had a ginger-pear massage!!! These were in Cozumel.

This message was edited Apr 29, 2008 6:16 PM

Thumbnail by kimarj
Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Tell us truthfully, you hated the whole trip didn't you?

Not sure I would have come back.

The pits ; }
Robyn when I was walking to my cabin and saw all the luggage set out a little tear rolled down :(

Thumbnail by kimarj
Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

That had to be the worst part. Should have jumped ship with a lifeboat at the last port and rowed far, far away.

ROTFLMBO!!!

Thumbnail by kimarj
Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

I don't see no boat. Can't row without a boat. I can just see you now, floating away with the life saver over the horizon, because you forgot to grab that boat!!!

Can you see me now!!

Thumbnail by kimarj
Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

I'll wave to you from the island. "Come here, we'll let you stay"

There is no cooking or cleaning on your island right...and dancing every night.????? : }

Thumbnail by kimarj

I truely felt like royalty for 7 nights.I wish you all could have been there!!!!

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

I wish I could have been there too. Lot's of dancing and fun. No cooking, cleaning, dishes and no kids.

You've got some great photos there.

Thanks Robyn...people had kids some infants too!!! You would not know It...had there own zone on the 12th deck!! Only saw them when they put on the cutest show at dinner..lil pirates ""were not cute just here to take your loot" too funny wish I had my camera!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

So....share with us pics of your tanned self and DH! Enquiring minds want to see..right Jeanne, Robin??

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

You bet we do.

I was born tan!; } In all my life I have never been burnt by the sun....it hurts!!

Thumbnail by kimarj
TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Aren't we lucky to have natural tan, Kim? But, I don't burn easy...must be the Asian pigment. Bad thing is I can't do any dermabrasion!!
Now...we did say DH too...

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

DH just whistled!!!

Ain't he cute he he he !!!

Thumbnail by kimarj
TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

I never thought he's a republican!!!
ROFL!!!

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Tell me about it!!!! I got burned my worst time in Hawaii....it was overcast....cloudy...didn't seem that hot, but we were out in the water for hours. By the time I got home I looked like a lobster all over, except where my two peice was....My Mom covered me with Milk of Magnesia. It takes the heat out of sunburn. You have to reapply it two or three times a day, but it kept a really bad burn from peeling.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.