Canna #2

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

Dotti - I haven't heard THAT one before, lol.

I actually like having him around, except we've been chatting so much - we really have things we need to get done! But, I did NOT like it when I did the self-checkout at the store, and he "re-packed" the items, I never knew I was incapable of packing a grocery sack, but apparently I am. He worked in the garage most of today, so I forgive him.

Pepper, the foot rub thing sounds very nice, but I don't know if that is going to happen. And he has never cleaned anything in the house, so I know thats not going to happen! Picking up the kids, yes !

Valentine's is all about the chocolate ! Breakfast, lunch & dinner.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

LOL. Those were the impossible suggestions and trust me I knew that. I work with men and live with one. Am surrounded by them. I can't get away from them.

(Tammie) Odessa, TX(Zone 7b)

I was at my parents watching TV with mom tonight and dad came in to say he is not going to his weekly poker game on Valentines.. he wants to take his "two girls" out to dinner! Mom and I were stunned!

LOL. That's great!

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

awww.....Tammy that is sweet!

pepper, girl , I know you couldn't have been serious..lol

it snowed last night! You folks that get snow often may have seen this before but last night there was one really cool blast of lightning and one thunder roll while it was snowing...the lightning was awesome! Felt so lucky to have been outside at that moment...I didn't think that happened

my SO got one of those heavy-duty steel garden carts for my gift ....awwww.... he knows me well. now I have a better cart for hauling sand out of the ditch for amending, and moving this heavy clay around :)

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

That is a fantastic gift, Trop !

Tammie, what a sweet Dad - hope you enjoy your dinner.

We sent Valentine's Day filling the storage pod.... fun times, lol now everyone is eating ALOT of candy blech, don't want dinner tonight.

I just worked today. That's it. LOL. And started prayer vigils for a cousin of mine. Long story short he had surgery for a couple things and had complications. He is recovering.

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

I passed out at 8:30 on Valentine's Day..the one night of the year I decide to sleep well..lol

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

it's nice here today, (50 & sunny) going to go do some clean-up in the backyard.

We've all been busy lately, very quiet here!

up to 56 today.. not too bad.. low was only 30.. better than they expected a few days ago. Still too damp and cool to go out and plant.. still haven't finished the bulbs but the paperwhites I put in a pot a couple of weeks ago are already blooming! Love them in my dining room window west facing.

Tammie

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

we also worked outside today, tilled the veggie garden and mulched everything over again....

while I was at the store another bat came into the house...too bad I missed the fun

I just ran errands today. Now we have another bad storming coming thru. First lots of rain then snow in the morning. Snow will be blowing around so accumulation will be minor. But there will probably be a layer of ice under all that. Again.

Aurora, CO(Zone 5b)

Trop, thunder and lightning with snow is pretty rare. We had it last week, and it is pretty cool. To funny about sleeping good on V-D.
pep, best wishes and luck to your cousin. I hope he pulls through ok.
Got warm early in the week, then snowed Wed night. Of course, the snow initially melted and turned to ice. 51 today, but my company had driver safety training all day. Kinda cold again tomorrow, but NASCAR will be filling my waking moments! YEAH!!! I took pics of the brug, and an amaryllis that Rhonda got as a christmas present from work. I'll try and post tomorrow, sometime. Suppose to be warm all next week, hitting 61 on Tues!!!!!!!!

Hey, I want that warmth! lol. It just finished snowing a few hours ago. But because it was above freezing it diid't get above a half inch.

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

well good for you Paul, this is NASCAR country but I just can't watch it...lol. We've got so many NASCAR museums and stuff around here...

I feel bad for y'all with all that cold, it warmed up for a few minutes, anyway

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

Can you bake a cherry pie, danny boy danny boy?

no, but I did buy one. Happy Presiden't Day , my crazy sil is coming over today with her 3 kids, we love the President's and will be toasting our favorites today, it's our little tradition.

Have a great day, sorry about the weather Pep, I bet you are totally sick of it!

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

I'm lost on the pie thing....

actually started to dig a big new bed on the left side of the yard, pulled off the grass...which will pretty much do it for the whole left edge of the property when I'm done....I'm worn out..haven't dug in awhile and the ground was pretty wet

complain, complain, what else is going on y'all

did I mention the SO got me a heavy duty steel garden cart for Valentine's day... like the kind an adult can ride in..it's cool

Send that cart over here. lol. I have to use a wheelbarrow for most of my gardening stuff and pushing that up our big hilly yard is not fun. That cart would be better. lol

Nothing going on here. Not til next month when I go see a fellow DGer who lives at the bottom of the state. Then in April I host a RU, then in May I take 3 trips over 3 weekends.

I did stop in at work Saturday to drop something off and I forgot we had a bridal fair going on. I got to sample different cakes, truffles, cooked seafood and grilled veggies. Yum, Yum!!!!

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

mmm...truffles...grilled veggies...I just ate and that sounds good

hosting a RU? wow---sounds like you've got lots of busy plans. our next ru is in May
for some reason I'm like, scared to dirty up the cart so far

I host a RU at my grandma's in April, then 2 wks later am going to the IA one with a fellow DGer, mother's day weekend there is a Garden Party with a few of us DGers, then there is a gathering at MoBot in St. Louis the next week. Gonna be crazy.

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

Wow, Pepper - that is alot!

Okay, am I the only one who had a mom who baked a cherry pie for President's Day? for George Washington? hmmm, maybe just a weird Oregon thing : )

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

.....lord if I have to start baking pies for President's Day.....

lol, I have never heard of it, but then again I know it's been over a year since the last time I tried to bake a pie

chocolate bars are far more convenient

Bake, as in COOKING.. you have to be kidding!

LOL. I bake but not pies and not on Prez day. I bake cookies and cakes plus brownies.

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

well, I can bake a pie, but I chose to purchase this particular one.... I'm in the middle of painting most of the walls in the house. ... tired tonight, but need to stay up for Lost.

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

gotten a chance to watch Heroes yet? ....gotta watch it..I missed last weeks lost..shooot..need to go watch it!!!

Got hit with an ice storm last night. Half inch of ice. Snow coming in tonight on top of this. This was NOT expected so none of us around here are too happy at the moment. Had to miss work cause roads were slicker than snot this morning and this afternoon was better in some places but not all. A big freaking mess. I want spring and I want it now. Grrrrrrrrr.....

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

I planted Poatoes Last Week Chuckles

I STILL haven't gotten all my bulbs in the ground! They are going to bloom in the boxes! Was planning on it today but with wind at 40 mph.. just a little too much.. it is finally getting calm outside and I am getting ready to go to a hockey game.. it figures.

Hi Paul!! And don't go bragging about those potatoes now. That is the last thing us midwesterners need to hear. :~p

Course I say that and now I have to brag. Went and saw our new Bass Pro Shops store in Independence today. It is HUGE and just gorgeous!! I only saw a very small portion of it so I am gonna try to go back next weekend and check it out some more.

Hope the game is good. I enjoy watching hockey every once in awhile. :~)

Well, I finally got smart and now we use those cow bells to ring instead of going hoarse with yelling at the games.. still yell a lot but use the bells too. Works great.. we contribute to the noise without killing our voices. I have some 'friends' we have sat next to for years and brought bells for them too so we have a real "bell " section.. 5 of us ringing them is very loud!

WE WON.... again. LOL

LOL. I prefer to make myself hoarse so I can brag about what a good game my friends missed. They know if I am hoarse after a game or concert it's for a really good reason.

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

well hey mr. phicks and tammy and pepper...lol

plant some red potatoes for me...mmm.... every year we somehow miss planting potatoes but I really want to try this year. we just tilled up the garden (we always till it twice) and winter-sowed a bunch of veggies and herbs

been a busy weekend, lots of winter sowing and finally finished up a pretty big new bed beside the GH

All that sounds really good but not as good as your blueberries. lol.

I want to grow potatoes here but unless I go into the middle of the yard there is no place to grow them. And I can't go into the middle of the yard or I will be in biiiiiig trouble for taking up the yard. lol

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

we tried sweet potatoes one year but we planted pumpkins too close and they got crowded out...never did grow much

I finally saw some little buds on the blueberry bushes

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

some mustard greens

Thumbnail by phicks
Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

gosh those look so pretty for Feb!!!

making me hungry and I just ate!

I just ate also and am once again hungry. Making up for lost time today it appears. lol

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

so phicks, can you grow spinach and collard greens there?

I doubt you can order grits anywhere..lol

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

yes i can

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.