Canna #2

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

Hey TROP ! I know, I miss my computer time like you wouldn't believe!!! I had to paint everything back to neutral, we had some ahem, different colors going on.... this is like "builders beige" but the hardest part is keeping things clean, I was picking up thousands of legos from the tv room minutes before the photographer took that picture, we live mostly in the kitchen/great room and it typically looks that way !!!

I've missed everyone - need to take that camera outside , things are getting ready to pop ! I wish I had a neighbor like you Trop, I'll paint for beer!

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

I'm still around here. lol. Just hopping all over the place. Working, riding, sleeping. I bought a caladium last week and have gotten some other stuff as well. Now just waiting til it's warm enough to plant.

Red, come clean my house. Better yet come work with me. I could use you. lol

Aurora, CO(Zone 5b)

red, if you guys ever need a butler, keep me in mind. Oh yeah, I can cook(survival from moms cooking), know how to clean(military) and great with kids(family and friends)!!! And I can drink beer and/or wine(navy training). LOL Is anybody else still messed up with this daylight savings time? I really need to get some sleep. Iris reticulatas are blooming enmass. Waiting for a few more before pics. Everything in the front yard is starting to stretch out of the soil(the back is still asleep). Maybe a big winter storm on Monday, though. Just got my cannas from the horn canna farm co-op. Those buggers are huge! 8:11, so going to start getting ready for bed, maybe I can be asleep before 11:30.

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

OK, Red, this sounds better....you and I will have the brews and paint and vadap is gonna cook and clean for us :)

I guess it takes pictures to get you guys out of hiding...lol

pep, I love caladiums, I noticed a little Thai one I had forgotten about (it was dormant in a pot with a bunch of other stuff) that opened it's first leaf...just wish those were hardy

vadap, actually, it's weird, I've nearly slept like a normal person, not quite 6 hours and not consecutive, but still better than usual

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

I have more chance of being a butler than having a butler, but I love Trop's suggestion !!! Pep, I'd work with you anytime. Anyway, I have a feeling we'll be doing some downsizing the next time around. - I'm ok with a fixer-upper as long as we have a decent lot size.

Spring forward has got me this year, the kids are off from school (teacher conferences) and I slept till 7:30 this morning, which isn't going to help me adjust at all.

I have no luck with caladiums, I've planted them in the back it is just too wet back there ... should've tried the front.

Off I go to Olivia's conference - ( I already know what I will hear, great student but... SHE TALKS TOO MUCH) ha ha ha

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

i slept till ten

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

Happy St. Patrick's Day

Aurora, CO(Zone 5b)

My work day was half over by ten. No green beer for me, but a properly handled pint of Guinness, with maybe a shot of Murphys, would be very nice. Silante!!

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

...lol....everyone must be celebrating early tonight....as my neighbors say, I'm on the Jack Sparrow...lol

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

whats jack sparrow

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

synonym for rum..lol

I actually get St. Patty's off and am looking forwards to it. I have a shirt I want to wear that says I ate Jalapenos. LOL. You don't want to know what the pic is.

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

thought that was john crowe

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

10 am ! I can't remember the last time I slept until 10 - very impressive!

Sounds like everyone is ready to celebrate St. Patrick's Day a wee bit early - nice to know I'm not the only one. Trop, what kind of rum do you drink? I won a trip -about 12 years ago- to the Cayman Islands and they had Tortuga Rum (?hope I remember that right) and it was very yummy.

Took the kids to see "Horton Hears a Who" today, it was cute. Dr. Seuss is genius.

I never sleep to 10am anymore. lol.

In downtown KC they are celebrating early too. Plus we have the Big 12 in town. I plan to stay very far away. lol

(Tammie) Odessa, TX(Zone 7b)

Well, if my dogs will let me, I will sleep till 10:30 tomorrow.. they usually start trying to get me up around 9:00.. just little movements and staring me in the face hoping to see a glint of my eyes.. if they do, I am toast.. 2 of them suddenly jump on me and start saying good morning and the third sits by the bed whimpering for me to pick her up and protect her from the other tow.. she then crawls up on my pillow and tries to displace my head. Oh, life with dogs.

Tammie

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

sleeping till 10....not for me without heavy sedation...lol.. fell asleep @12, I got up at 2, went back to sleep around 5...got up at 8..lol. If I sleep in too late I've got a 7 year old alarm clock that wakes me up with , "Aren't you supposed to up already?"

lol...I'm going to have to look up the Crowe guy, never heard that, the Jack Sparrow thing is just something my neighbors say, not sure if it's anything official yet. I prefer the Captain (I like the sliced stuff), but I'm generally pretty open to anything imported from an island...don't think I've had Tortuga but I'll have to look at the bottle (more of a visual person). I did get some Haitian rum for Christmas that was awesome (Barbancourt)....mmmm...can't find it around here of course, though

(Tammie) Odessa, TX(Zone 7b)

Mark it on the calender.. my dogs let me sleep until ... get this 11:45! Might have something to do with the fact we went to bed ad 4:15. Oh, happy day.. it is a rare occasion that I get to actually sleep as long as I need.

Tammie

LOL. That is a miracle! I was up at regular time. A little after 8am.

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

this is geting to long

New thread. www.davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/823912/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.