Winter's still here, but spring's getting closer!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Jaye is going to get it! HA HA HA

(Kim) Philadelphi, PA(Zone 6a)

To cold to get a switch!!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Ok, so she is off the hook, for now! LOL

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Lolol!!! I don't run...I negotiate...
Look Kim, how about me adding some other seeds besides the Datura!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

LOL

Rotflmbo!!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

....always works!

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

To germinate Papaya seeds ........see RJ's thread on Papaya 101 in the tropical gardening section, or go to his Garden Blog and scroll down. He has very thorough documentation on the subject!

That is what made me want to try!! fantastic thread. I got 10 little babies.

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Thank you so much. I didn't even think to go there and look. I was just going to check the seed germination forum and do a google on it. That will be much easier.

I think I'm going batty, back and forth looking up seeds and reading all the threads. Come to think of it batty is a pretty good place to be here.

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Wow Kim you're going to be floating in papayas.

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Count me batty! I love it here!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Papaya float..hmm...a new concept!

LOL they make sooo many seeds and I just had to try...if they make it I will give some to a little lady from Jamaica her garden is amazing some to my BF and to my neighbor i share with :)

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

I have seeds to plant. Guess I should get on the project! I have a little tree that RJ gave me; It's under the canopy. It's supposed to be near freezing this weekend, so I guess that's why I haven't been in the mood to plant anything....again....mind freeze!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Nite sweet ones!

Sweet dreams!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Night, Jaye, sweet dreams!

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Hi everyone,
Bitter cold has returned ,along with freezing rain and INCH OF SNOW!
Wind chills down to zero!!!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

I had just checked our weather and it is down to 16º! TOO COLD!

Stockton, CA(Zone 9a)

Brrrr, makes me cold just thinking about it!

Hey TM, BBRRR thats just to cold!!
Snowing here, should turn to rain soon yuck :(

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Been spitting snow here, but bitter cold!

Last week it was 65* sheech!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

I just had to turn the heat up in the green house it is so cold!

Well I must turn in don't wanna but I gotta.
Work work work.
Nite all :*)

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Night Kim, sleep well!

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

There talking this cold spell may last a week or more,and if it makes it over freezing,will be lucky!!!
With snow coming beginning next week as well!
My single wall greenhouse northside of my house got down to 35*,I keep palm seedlings and big bananas in there,they looked fine ,and this is the coldest it has gotten in there so far this winter,windchill was 2* this morning.
I think this summer,I will put a inner plastic wall in there to give it the dead air space,which will make it better insulated for next years winter,little gas heater is doing all it can to keep it warm in there.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

TM, that's cold! Sounds like a good idea to add more insulation. I just have clear shower curtains around my former "hut", and I have thought about adding a few more for added protection. At walmart they are about $6 each, so not too bad.

Have a good day at work tomorrow!

Nite All! Sweet Dreams!

This message was edited Jan 17, 2008 10:55 PM

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

I usually don't have to turn mine above 3, but took it on up to 4 since it was already down to about 45 or so! Everything looked fine, but too much in there to risk it, I would cry if I lost everything in there!
Well, my seeds have been potted for a month now, Don, and a big fat nothing! :(

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

I usually don't have to turn mine above 3, but took it on up to 4 since it was already down to about 45 or so! Everything looked fine, but too much in there to risk it, I would cry if I lost everything in there!
Well, my seeds have been potted for almost a month now, Don, and a big fat nothing! :(

Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

Aloha Misty, Kim and Jeanne, your gloriosa lily seeds are on their way. Also sent envelopes to Melisa, Keli, Ashley and Carol if they are listening in.
Sweet dreams my friends.

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Night, Jenny, sweet dreams to you as well! :)

Stockton, CA(Zone 9a)

Hope it passes quickly and you don't lose anything in your greenhouse, Don. Aside from making you heartsick, I would really hate to lose one of my picture sources of tropicals blooming in the winter. :~)
I am sending you warm thoughts from sunny California, can you feel them? LOL Yeah, I know, but it was worth a shot. I won't tell you that I am all snuggled up in my recliner wrapped in an electric blanket that is on high. HA How warm do you feel NOW! LOL
Donna

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Donna,so warm in Californy you need a electric blanket!!!!LOL

Tammy,are you talking to your seeds???
Do you have a place were you can put them where they can get some heat under them,like a freezer top or refrigerator?
Little bottom heat ,will make them germinate a little faster....

It was so cold in my greenhouse I could write my name in the frost on the inside wall!!!LOL

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Morning everyone!
Don, I have had them on top of the freezer, but it sits in front of a window that is kind of cool. Maybe the top of the refrigerator will be better? Sure hope everything made it through the cold in your green house!

Stockton, CA(Zone 9a)

Don, I could be cold in 70 degree weather, this blankie of mine is darn near round year! LOLOL Don't judge the state by my cold tootsies. hehe

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Morning Sweet ones! Yes you too Don!
Tammy, maybe a heating pad might help?
I'm SICK today! Strange to be hearing this from me, eh?
Sick of the cold!
Sick of the mud!
Sick of ignorant drivers on the road!!
But I ought to give thanks that I'm not battling snow, nor standing on cement for hours!! I know how that's like Don.
Okay...ready for some smiles now!!! Got this potted trio of brommies, using Lowe's $10 off coupon. It was originally 20, sale at 11.99, and yes, after coupon, down to a buck!!! Look at the shy burgundy in the back.

Thumbnail by heavenscape
Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Hey there Dear Jaye! :) I don't have one, so I went ahead and put them on top of the refrigerator. I just hope I don't forget them and they get too dry! What pretty Bromeliad (had to go check the spelling on that one!) you have there! DH brought me my very first one this morning, but there is no tag! It is very pretty, though! :)

This message was edited Jan 19, 2008 12:47 PM

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Is there a spelling police lurking around?? Lolol!
So, you got a bromeliad too! I used to have beaucoup but left them all behind! (will the spelling police be able to spell in French?)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.