Winter's still here, but spring's getting closer!

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Tammy, glad all went well. I have 16 screws in my back, and two rods. They very seldom bother me.
Don...it will probably take all week to get used to it again. Cement floors are the worst!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Oh I am sure he is up there just smooching all over her not giving his hand a second thought right now! HE HE HE

Thanks, Don! I sure hope you get back to 'normal' soon! :) (I might get kicked for that one!)

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Thanks, Marcy! :)

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Don't you remember when smooching was the cure all for everything? Me either.

(Kim) Philadelphi, PA(Zone 6a)

LouC ain't that the truth!! ROTFL

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Oh yes, it cured all ailments, didn't it?! LOL

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

If one wasn't careful it could cause one of you to be reaaalllly sick for about 9 months.

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

OH Lou, you're right. That would be about Sept. HA!

Don, a really long soak in the tub or a very long hot shower really works wonders. I'm sure you've tried at least one, but you might try both and eat some chocolate while you're in the tub. I hear it's non fattening that way.

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

We had that birds and the bees talk a while back, so I sure hope he listened! LOL I know her mom had already had it with her after he and I had ours, so one can hope! :)

Now Robin, you don't smooch on your DH anymore? :)

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Yuk! not that old fart.

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Make it a REALLY steamy hot bath so it melts the calories away while eating the chocolate! LOL But his has to be sugar free since he is a diabetic, right? :)

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

ROTFLOL at Robin! :)

Robin you are to funny :O)
Hey TM thow some epsom salt in there too.

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

I love sugar free candy. Don will you share?

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

OOps, The candy Don, not the bath, I don't want your wife thinking we are out to steal you away.

(Just his plants)

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

amen on the epsom salt. Use it in your garden for fantastic results.

They say Tm is green ...a good soak in some should do him fine!!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Oh I love that stuff! I have been using that since I was a kid and getting injured all the time. I will have to try some in the garden!

Tammy it really works ..use it as a drench and foliar spray.

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Well now what does that mean, Kim? LOL
Got my chocolate, so guess I will let Shaun have the computer now! :) Bye for now! :)

I'm sorry...to water with and to spray on the leaves.
Talk to ya later :*)

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Kim how much do you use for your spray. I have not tried it for that, I have watered with it though, that and tea.

One tablespoon in a gallon of water..what kind of tea?

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Plain everyday tea. I brew a pot add water to it, like I'm going to drink it, make sure it cool and then go water. My mini roses love it, so did the begonias.

oooh I see thanks for the tip my DH leaves half cups of tea..burns me up... now i will just use it in my plants!

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

I also throw the tea leaves in the garden too.

It makes so much sense...and boy do we drink alot of tea around here!!

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

We drink alot of tea around here too but it don't go in the garden!! It don't last long enough!! lol. But we do take coffee and dump out there cause it helps keep the darn ants out of the house.

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

So do we and coffee. I also throw the coffee grounds out in the garden. The worms love it.

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Pepper do you go along the foundation with the coffee?

I need to do that when spring hits. Start throwing stuff out there again. Last summer I took a bunch of daylily or iris leaves-can't remember which and threw them in a hole in one of my beds. Man alive!! You should have seen all the ants literally crawling over them in there. Majority of those leaves were gone in about 2 weeks. Sometimes I think I live on an ant hill.

Yes, we go along the foundation.

What are ya'll talking about?

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

I just read, take tea bags and put on top of drainage hole in your pots before potting. Tea bags will retain water and leach nutrients into the soil. Also pour stronly brewed tea onto your compost heap, it will hasten decomposition and draw acid-producing bacteria, creating acid-rich compost

kimarj, we are talking about coffee being used to kill ants, and tea to add to compost to make it good and rich. :~) With other stuff thrown in here and there for confusion.

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Confusion?! It's my normal state of mind.

Mine too!! lol

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Gardenias love coffee grinds too. BTW, sugar free candies give me the "runs". Don, it's okay to have chocolate, at least 70% dark, one square will at least cure your choccies cravings.
Tea's a wonderful picker upper for your houseplants too!

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

I'll have to try the coffe trick cause I am convinced we live on an ant hill too. I am so tired of fighting them things in the house.

so that means everything is normal.. confusingly fun!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.