Winter's still here, but spring's getting closer!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

COOL thanks Sis!
Pepper, you sure an ornery thing for as small as you are! LOL

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

ROTFL!!!!!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

:)

I was born ornery and I can easily keep the guys I hang out with in line. lol. I give back as good as I can and they just end up shaking their heads at me. lol

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

YOU GO GIRL!

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Ok first,Kim takes about 4 to 7 yrs before you will get fruit on your cocktail tree,so give it time,fertilize in the spring with bloom buster and see if that helps any.
Hard to say from seed to fruit on bananas different types do different things,the pinks ones are suppose to fruit in a year.
T77 how long did it take for your nanners to turn yellow?

(Kim) Philadelphi, PA(Zone 6a)

Thanks TM got some good laughs huh? ;0)
I think I would like to try some nanner seeds for fun then give them as gifts.

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Well soon as I can get some more your welcome to them,might get babies before seeds,and your welcome to some of them as well!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Well I hope you get enough babies to share in case I am a bad seed Mommy! LOL

Wow thanks a lot TM!!I would to have some...doing the happy dance here :*)

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Make a video and put that on youtube so we can watch! :)

You will be a good seed Mommy...you'll see then we have so many nanners we will become famous for our banana bread ha ha ha.

Hey lady I have been known to cut a rug. LOL

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

LOL I love that stuff but have never made it! I like mine with walnuts, MMMMMMMM Good!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Cut away! We would love to watch! :)

Gotta have walnuts!! I got a secret recipe ;*)

can't find my dancing shoes.

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Too secret to share?! LOL
Darn those dancing shoes for hiding!
Well, I think this will be the earliest I have gone to bed in a LONG time, but I am trying to get rid of a headache and I think sleep is the only way. So heres to hoping you all have a great night, and stay warm!

I will share of course. Tammy get some rest and feel better,nitey nite.
These days only the walls get to watch me do my moves he he he.

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

You gals are just too much!!!LOL
Well gotta go to work tomorrow,6 weeks off,and 4 am comes early!!!
Nite all!

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

TM......"Forever" LOL! It has been months.....I'll have to go back and see when I first posted that we had nanners....and then add a few weeks! I didn't think they'd ever turn yellow! Quite a surprise when I went out in the garden day before yesterday!!!!!! I went ahead and picked them so bugs wouldn't get into them. They still need to ripen a little! They are not as sweet as the ones that you buy in the store, but they are edible.

We cross posted! Nite! Have a great day at work tomorrow! Bet Patti'll be glad to get some rest! hahahaha

This message was edited Jan 13, 2008 11:00 PM

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Ok,yep Patti's sleeping like a log!!!!
Just me and the birds and cats up this morning,and there all having a hard time keeping there eyes open!!!LOL

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Morning Kiddos! Good luck returning to work Don.
One guaranteed method of hastening your bananas to ripen, is to brown bag them. That's a trick I learnt from gramp back home.

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Well, don't want to misinform y'all, so I google it wondering too why that method had worked for me, turned out to be the gases emitted when closed in are natural ripening boosters! How about that?
Copied and paste these off an online site:
Q: HOW DO YOU RIPEN GREEN BANANA'S?
A: The easiest way to ripen green banana's is to place them in a brown paper bag, one that may be leftover from your grocery shopping, fold it over and leave them in the bag until ripened.
B: Don't have a brown paper bag?
There are a couple of alternative methods to ripening green bananas. You could place your bunch of green bananas in a plastic bag, and seal the bag, gases emitted from the bananas are a natural ripener.
C: Add a Tomato or an Apple
Checked with Chiquita, they say if you do have a brown paper bag, you can even put a tomato or an apple in with it overnight as this allows the gasses in the fruit to naturally ripen the bananas.

This message was edited Jan 14, 2008 1:01 PM

Stockton, CA(Zone 9a)

Don, found some google images of your Bonfire Begonia, looks to be a beauty! Nice rescue! :~)
Donna
http://images.google.com/images?q=begonia+bonfire&sourceid=navclient-ff&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGGL,GGGL:2006-23,GGGL:en&um=1&sa=N&tab=wi

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Donna,woe those are just beautiful,I hope mine get as big as some of those in the pictures!!! Thanks!

Thanks Jaye about the natural gases,so I went and stood under neath the bananas out in the greenhouse!!!LOL

Wow forgot what it was like standing on concrete all day!!!!LOL

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Don, did that help you, or the bananas? LOL

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Rotflmao!!!!!!!
Well I know it helped me!!!
Hope it didn't shrink the bananas any!!!!LOL

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Oh My Goodness, I sure hope not! ROTFLMAO, TOO!

ROTFL!! I thought I was nutty!!

Since we are talking foods, check out this website. I just made their blueberry muffins this morning and they were goooooooooood!!! www.davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/801704/

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Oh I love blueberry muffins!

You would love these. All natural and there are dried blueberries in there that are *normal sized*. I never see that!! lol. Oh and I got mine from World Market but you can order from them too. Probably cheaper.

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Sounds yummy! :)

Hey Tammy, have you watched Anthony Zimmerman on the Travel Channel? He eats the weirdest things and he's on now. :~)

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

No, can't say that I have. :)

creamed eye jelly yum he he he ;O)
yum

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

oh my lol

On this show he is in Madrid and has eaten a suckling pig-all of it, eels, and something else that was really murky looking. Yuuuuuck!!!!

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

I leave you guys for a day and when I come back you're still talking about food. Don what did you do to them?

LOL. Yeah, but it's really gross food. Watch the show and see for yourself.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.