Winter's still here, but spring's getting closer!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Yes, pieohmy has some and she says they get huge!

(Kim) Philadelphi, PA(Zone 6a)

Oh of course not it had a year return policy...soo what kind of catalogs would you like he he he ;o)

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Hey Tammy, you need to get one from that place there in Marshfield.

Gardenia is a lovely thing!!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

But you bought rare and didn't get, so that is NOT fair!
I think I am better off without any catalogs! HA HA HA Lets just stick with our difficult nanners you told me about! LOL

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

No thank you Kim! It's bad enough I'm bombarded by online offers!!!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

I need a lot of things, which are you referring to, pepper?! Or are you still trying to get rid of your beetles?! LOL

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Hi all, what yall talking about today?

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Nanners, fruit cocktail trees, you name it! :)

Chasing Tammy, beetles, beetlejuice, gardenias, nanners, fruit cocktails, and too many others. LOL

The one I am referring to is the one who does rare seeds and has made a town on their property called Bakersfield.

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Lost me on that last statement, but I'm always lost.

Who has nanners. I want one. I was checking Logees, $20. for one.

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

OOOOOOOH I would be in trouble there for sure! LOL

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Hey Robyn, how are your brugs. My NOID cuttings are all in water, and so far sprouting roots and leaves.
Rare seeds? Tell me more Pep!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

TG77 said she would send me an actual nanner plant in the spring. :)

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Lost all but two cuttings. One has actually started sprouting roots and branches. The other is still a little limp, but not mushy yet. My noids in the garage are doing great. 3 of them still has leaves.

Get this I was able to save one datura last year from the torential rain that wiped out everthing in pots, It was a Black Currant, it started to bloom last year about October and continued through to the first of November. I set it by the front door and forgot about it. I think it got watered once since then, It still has leaves getting bigger and today it has a bud on it. Had no idea they could be overwintered.

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Lucky you. You will have to give me a couple of nanners from it, cause I don't see myself buying any trees for quite some time.

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

It is that green thumb you got there, Sis! :)

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Now you know I will! :) Anything I have to share is yours! :)

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

; p Oh so Happy!!!! thanks sis.

Robyn, I was telling tammy she needs to order from that nursery in Marshfield that deals mostly in fruits and veg seeds-especially rare ones. But for the life of me I can't think of their name. They come out with a big catalog every year. GRRR!!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Anytime, Sis! :) Pepper, tell it quietly when you remember so I can't hear you! LOL

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Yeah, I have a pot of blackcurrant swirl in the gh! Kinda surprised me too!

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Everyone kept saying you can't bring them in, they are better off as annuals. Mine doesn't even get great light. It is my favorite.

Thumbnail by Robynznest

What a nice datura did you save some seed? The color is lovely :)

This message was edited Jan 13, 2008 8:29 PM

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

WOW Sis, that is a beauty! You did say you have one germinating for me, right? :)

Tammy, I'll be sure to shout it real loud so you CAN hear it. :~p

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

I will cover my ears and my eyes! LOL

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Robyn, if only they have purple brugs! Looking hopeful as well for me too. Anyway, here's when it's in the garden.

Thumbnail by heavenscape

I'll just pry your hands away or turn into Ty Pennington and use the bullhorn. LOL

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Kim, I have a few seeds, you can have.

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Jaye I see your froggies hiding in there! :)
Now Now Pepper, not Ty! LOL Hey, did you hear Page is coming back?

Thanks, you got some cute little freinds in there with that lovely bloom.

I didn't know she even left!! I want Ed back too!!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

HA HA HA I didn't know he left! LOL I pretty much quit watching after Page left, just wasn't the same!

Yeah, it's changing quite a bit on there. Paul hasn't been on there much either.

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Donno who that is either! LOL I will start watching again when she comes back, though. :) I think they brought in a bunch of idiots, so quit watching.

Watch it next month. They came to KC last year and it is gonna air on the 19th I think I read. Keep ears and eyes open.

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Member, my eyes and ears are closed! HA HA HA

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Yep I have seeds and yes I have a couple started for you sis. I only got one small seed pod and about 30 seeds out of it, but I did get some.

LOL!! I'll get a bullhorn, that'll open them!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.