Winter's still here, but spring's getting closer!

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

more of the vine

Thumbnail by Tropicman
Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

I have two of the variagated ginger. I got them about two years ago, so they are getting pretty big. They are in the ground. They got bit back a little last year, but seem to be doing find so far. The banana trees do shelter them quite abit.

Oh, I almost forgot, I finally picked bananas yesterday! They still need to ripen a little more, but they were yellow! Yeah!!!!!!!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

WOW Don, beautiful as always! I have a Kalanchoe like that but it is pretty pitiful looking so I MUST be doing something wrong!
Congrats on the nanners! I hope to have some one day, if I can get the seeds to germinate!

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Misti, forget the seeds, I will gladly send you some small trees in the spring! We have enough to share, believe me!

Thumbnail by Texasgal77
(Kim) Philadelphi, PA(Zone 6a)

Nice nanners!!!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

You are WAY cool! I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to have one of those! Thank you so much for the offer! My kids would just love it, too as they could eat all the nanners they want!
I really am still hoping on the seeds though as they are my pink nanners from Don. :) I would be the talk of the town with pink nanners and real nanners growing in our little Podunk town! HA HA HA
Maybe we will get a warm stretch again before Spring! LOL I have had some plants come in recently that are doing great believe it or not! Can you tell I don't have very much patience?! HE HE HE

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Kim can't have none! HE HE HE Just kidding! :)

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

After the tree produces the bananas it dies. It does send out runners, and they spread really fast! Pink would be great too!

Don, how long does it take for it to get to full height from seed?

Hey Tammy I got me a switch ;o)

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

I would have to put mine in a large pot, right? I don't have Don's greener than green thumb to keep something alive that ought not be! LOL

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Darn, here I go running again! LOL

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

I will still find you....again!! LOL!!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Now how did I know it was going to be pepper that posted! HA HA HA

LOL!! You can run but can't hide!! And I just posted on the other thread too!!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

I don't want your beetles! LOL

I wish I could grow eatin nanners... I will just try my hand with ornamentals..Basjoo and Chinese yellow outside...and I want to try Ensete ventricosum seed...do they grow fast enough to treat like a annual?

HA Busted!!

This message was edited Jan 13, 2008 7:07 PM

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

This is where you need a green house Kim! :)

I f I chop down my fruit cocktail tree I could put a tiny one in the front yard..dern thing has not bloomed yet.

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

fruit cocktail tree?

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Yeah, tell us about the fruit cocktail tree. Almost got one, costs a bomb! Got Kel laughing hard thinking about it!

I'm bringing those beetles over here. Can anyone talk to Beetlejuice and tell him to come and get his beetles?

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Yes, inquiring minds want to know about the fruit cocktail tree! LOL!

This message was edited Jan 13, 2008 6:18 PM

Yeah, I'm interested about that tree too!!

I still laugh :~) I got this in the olden days before I knew about DG. It is supposed to have 5 or 6 different fruit..peach, plum..I will go back and check for the other types.

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

I like fruit cocktail, so a tree with all that fruit sure would be interesting to have! LOL I will stick with the nanners, though. :) I can make that pudding with nanners and vanilla wafers all the time, YUM!

That would be nectarines and apricots Ya'll still ROTF? I had no one to guide me..to say Kim do you really think this is wise. How excited I was at the thought of a mini orchard in my yard. The little stick grew really fast to 10 feet... been 3 years not a single bloom.

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Must take that bugger a long time to mature! 10 feet in three years from a stick sounds like a lot to me. I am sure I would have thought the same thing, all that fruit in one tree!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Now, let's not laugh. The tree needs prayers!
(mmmmfffffmffff)

DH says its a gonner if nothing happens this year...think I will grow some vines on it to diguise that it has no blooms ;*)

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

LOL @ you two!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Run, Tammy!!!!

You can laugh out loud I know i am!!!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

I been running the last two nights, I am whooped! HA HA HA

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

ROFLM, Chinese, A O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is the first time I use that phrase!!!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

OK, now I'm lost! But, what is new?! LOL

It is only supposed to grow 10 to 12 feet.....think it will be anice trellis?

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Maybe it just needs some bloom booster, and of course prayer wouldn't hurt....poor big tree! Where's Don when you need him??????

Calling Dr. Don......need help with an unblooming tree!

I tell ya them catalogs do me in the winter..last winter i bought a Rare red brug..not ,it was yellow!!
Now I will do better I have all my new DG freinds.:*)

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Yes Dr. Don, we need help! LOL He will be back posting more food! LOL
I don't get any catalogs so I am lucky there, I think! LOL
I hope you got your money back, Kim!

I need to get my catalog back from my grandma. lol. And I need to figure out where to put a gardenia to see if I can grow it here. If it actually makes it, it will be around 6x6 if I read right so I need to find room. :~)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.