Winter's still here, but spring's getting closer!

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

you got it. It's a fun for all.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Yeah, the ants even eat my irises!!! The coffee is something you have to do regularly. Tarro works too but it takes time. Use that with the coffee and you can at least make a dent.

I was just thinking that they need to change the state motto to show me the ants.

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Well, ladies, if you don't object to using insecticidal spray, one brand I'd recommend....Bengal. Last for months, and no odor.

I limit the use of sprays til I get frustrated then I go to war with it. lol. I will keep it in mind and try to remember it when the ants come back.

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

I go through Terro like it's candy to them. I think it gives them a boost to come back stronger than before. I'm going to try Bengal. Where do I find it. I don't remember ever seeing it at Lowes or Walmart.

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Lowe's used to but stopped carrying it! Perhaps because Bengal is more effective than the others!! So, less sales.
Walmart doesn't carry it neither. I buy mine at my local hardware store. It's about 10 bucks a can. My MIL wasn't convinced until she tried it, and she had roach issues.

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

I will go in search of next month when they start putting all the insecticides out on the shelves. Thanks for the heads up on this one.

Good night all I keep falling asleep sitting here.

Have a good evening.

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Night Robyn.

(Kim) Philadelphi, PA(Zone 6a)

Sleep tight!

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Robyn,had a piece of chocolate cake with dark chocolate frosting,took a hot soaking finished off with a nice hot shower!!!
Feel great!!!!LOL
Yep about a week and I'll be back to normal!!!!
I don't smoke anymore,but take your left over small cigarettes,and that little amount of tobacco,soak it in water,mix it in a spray bottle makes a good insecticide spray!

Arctic cold front coming down the pike,temps in the 20's for highs,low teens at night,for about a week or more,with snow showers tomorrow and this coming weekend.
Don't know hoe far south or east it will go,so be fore warned it's coming!!!!
Coldest temps so far this year,there saying.

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

To be in the 20's and not too keen, still thankful it's not in the teens.
I hope not Don..my joints are starting to feel it...the cold that is!

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Tammy, glad everything went well with your son's surgery! When my son was 15 he broke both of the bones in his right leg all the way thru and had to have a plate and eight screws. We left it in there until he was 18 and then they removed it. He did fine. He could predict the weather better than the forecaster, and it was a challenge going thru metal detectors, but other than that everything was OK! We thank the Lord for his healing!

We will keep your son's continued healing in our prayers also!

TM....I have two small plumeria trees that actually still have leaves, but yes, most dropped their leaves at the first sign of cold. Not being in an actual heated greenhouse they'll do that. It takes them awhile in the spring to leaf back out, but most of them did OK last year; Except for my hot pink didn't bloom at all last year.....don't know why. Hopefully it will this year.

Many years ago we had roach problems. We lived in a very old wood frame house. We used Bengal, and it did help! If you don't have pets in the house you can use straight boric acid, in the back of cabinets, behind the frig, under the sink. It works also and is reasonably inexpensive. I have also seen a chalk like marker made of boric acid that is supposed to work.

For small ants in the house my Mom sprays them with a mixture of dish soap and vinegar and a little water. She swears by it. She even squirts the wood roaches with it as well.

And I do agree with the chocolate....Turtles....yum yum, cures whatever ails you! LOL! Nite all!

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Thanks Jeanne,didn't know about the dish soap and vinegar,will give that a try!!!
Can't keep them little burgers out of the sunroom,not a problem in the greenhouse
and I don't know why lot more plants out there,but I keep it a little cooler too!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Thanks, Jeanne, it is greatly appreciated! I have to drag myself away to go get something done here! LOL

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Hey, where did everyone run off to?

I'm everywhere!! LOL.

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

LOL Can you be two places at once? HA HA HA

BOO!

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

WHO??!!!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Sorry, guys, this thread is whacking out on me for some reason!

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

It's too cold! Mind freeze!

Maybe it will correct itself.

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

I am getting these big brown blobs and it is putting the bottom at the top and vice versa! I have seen this before, just not this bad. Also heard of others with something similar. :(

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Hey Tammy you should see what I just got in the mail. The winter sow seeds got here today. I am loaded down with almost all my wants. I also got a few other private swaps in and wow are they great. Thanks Kim and Morjolein. I need to find out how to germinate Papayas and Fourth of July Roses, Purple Bell vine, Widows Tears and loads of everything. You are going to love what I have for you.

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Would be easy, if it's just the mind...the body lately refused to co-operate! Waaaaaaaaaaah!
C'mon spring!

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

I second that motion.

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

That sounds really cool, Sis! Can't wait to hear what all we get to play with this Spring! LOL
Jaye, I am totally lost, but what is new?! LOL

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Lolol Tammy! Hugs gal!
Am relating to Jeanne's suggestion of 'mind freeze'! Sometimes I can't navigate my way around DG neither, or the screen will have a window pop up saying "Visual C+++ debug error". Hard being on dial up too!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Oh Ok! HA HA HA Squeeze tighter, it might help the brain! HE HE HE

Snowing pretty good right now 2 maybe 4 inches they say. Come on Spring!!!
Fruit cocktail tree ;o)

Thumbnail by kimarj
Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

I had forgotten all about that tree! LOL

;*)

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

I love watching it snow....somewhere else.

That tree sound so interesting. I want to see a picture when it blooms and gets fruit.

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

((((KIM))))...you're killing me!!!
Mmmmffmfff

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Guess Kim will be laughing back at us 10 years from now, while munching her fruit cocktail!

I slay myself !!! :)
whatcha laughing at?

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

HE HE HE

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

(eyes on ceiling)---------Nuthin' Kim!

You watch this summer that tree will be covered in blooms!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.