Winter's still here, but spring's getting closer!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Jaye, are going to try and trip me up here?! HA HA HA You know I am here, somewhere! LOL Yes, my very first one and I am so proud! I kept picking them up at Lowe's the other night and putting them back down!

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Love the brom, good buy, too. I need to take a trip to Lowes pretty soon or all the good stuff will be gone.

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

They are starting to get new stuff in now, so you should get lucky! :)

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Robyn, looks like Lowe's getting ready to stock up for Spring. You'll find lots of sales.
Tammy...at one time, my pet peeve was actually, not the 'misspelled' words, but cropped words, e.g. brug instead of brugmansia...Now I happily use them all, less key strokes!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

I SO miss my shortcuts! They are going to be my downfall! LOL

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Ah swear ah ain't dun nuthin to make you fowl!!!
Lololol!
Edit: FOUL!!!!

This message was edited Jan 18, 2008 12:51 PM

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Hey girl, I am getting a REALLY long switch! LOL

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Hmm, let's negotiate....

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

That's right, you don't run! HA HA HA

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

LOL! Donna,cold toes huh!!!LOL
You probably wear socks with your sandals!!!LOL

Jaye,wow did you ever get a deal!!!!
They probably will never send you another coupon!!!!LOL

Tammy,I didn't really want to tell you this,but my seeds are up and some as much as a couple inches.
Some people put there seeds on top of the hot water tank,for that little extra heat!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Don, you are quite right, I did NOT want to hear that! LOL So maybe I will move them to the laundry room then! LOL I was afraid they were a lost cause since they hadn't done anything yet!

(Kim) Philadelphi, PA(Zone 6a)

Hello Everyone!!
WTG Jaye nice score....seems to me all the good stuff is at your local Lowe's mmmm I went Tuesday bare shelves:( but I still have my coupon :*) TM is there any safe place LOL I just eyeballed the water heater thanks for the tip.

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Hey Miss Kim, going to send you a Dmail later cause I got my package! Thank you!!!

Stockton, CA(Zone 9a)

Geez, Don, give me some credit! Just cuz I was born in the 60's does not make me a hippie! HA Although I do have a patchouli plant...HA
How are your OWN tootsie's holding up? Can you feel 'em?

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Donna!!!LOL
I can barely feel legs less lone my toes!!!
Could thing I get those electric shocks,every couple hours,so I know there still there!!!
Sometimes it feels like I stuck my finger in a electric outlet,it's that hard of a jolt!!!
Not all diadetics get these nerve ending shortouts as they are called.
Right now they are a little cold,and of course it is 17* outside with a north breeze.

Tammy don't give it up,I have constant heat on mine with a clear dome to hold the heat in.
Don't keep the soil to wet.just like a rung out sponge,they shoot in a couple more weeks I bet!!!

Kim there is no safe place around my house,I have seeds just about everywhere!!LOL

Stockton, CA(Zone 9a)

Don, somehow the word "breeze" does not seem to belong in a sentence containing 17 degrees! Just seems wrong. LOL
Is the cold weather what is making the shortouts worse or are they always this bad? Sounds painful!
Bet you wish you had a blankie like mine. :~) Mmmmm, toasty. Are you jealous yet? HA
Seriously, sure hope it starts warming up for you all, sounds pretty cold and miserable. Can't imagine ever getting used to that.

Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

Brrrrr. Wish I could send you all some of our warmth. Don, have you tried the new medicine that has come out for those nerve shocks? I understand they are extremely painful and I am so sorry that you have to suffer them.

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Don, I have a bad case of nerve pains too. But, it's more tolerable now, since the doctor put me on Lyrica last year.
BRB...have a surprise for y'all to warm up your spirits!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Kel wished he could share all these with y'all!

Thumbnail by heavenscape
Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Now that's just down right mean, It's not polite to eat in front of people. lol

Looks wonderful, when is mine going to be here.

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Robyn, I'll send you the recipe! Lolol!

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

That will have to do. darn I was hungry now. Too bad I don't have smellaputer, I'm going to have to go get some vege or something to eat.

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Jaye, that switch is getting longer for you! LOL

This message was edited Jan 19, 2008 12:48 PM

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

...and I had this...Catfish with ginger sauce! Yummmmyyyy!
Let's negotiate, Tammy! Lolol!

Thumbnail by heavenscape
Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Jaye,surely Kels,not going to eat that all by himself???LOL My that looks yummy!!!!
Heck I don't eat that much food all week long!!!!!

Yes,I seen that tv ad about the med.that suppose to ease the pain from those electrical shocks,but I take so many meds now,I don't know the real me anymore if you know what I mean!!!!
Heck I'm not sure if these meds cause more problems than they help!!!!
$685 every 3 months for meds now,just think of all the plants I could buy with those bucks!!!LOL And thats with a prescription drug card!!!! Just think without the card it would
be $2000.00!!!! I'd have to start working the street corners for that kind of dough!!!!LOL

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

LOL Jaye! We never did negotiate on the last one! HA HA HA
Don, that would be a TON of plants for that money!

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

I do want the recipes. I love catfish.

Thank heavens for prescription drug cards, It has reduced a whole lots of drug prices for people. Including me, I'm no where near the amount that you are Don, You must take meds for one of your meals each day.

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Jaye, could I please have the recipes too????? :))

Edited to say it ALL looks wonderful!!!

This message was edited Jan 19, 2008 2:02 PM

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Don, ask for some samples from the Doc. That's what I did, and I am currently on aspirin, Toprol, Lipitor, Diovan, Plavix and my Humalog plus Lispro insulin shots. taking . Worked for me and FIL. We will have to invade Canada for better health care!
Kel's a biiiiig boy!!! We were at a Vietnamese restaurant in Charlotte. He had the house specialty bbq pork and chicken with lemon grass. They were delicious. All's left are just the belches that go with them!!
(Btw Don, that's where we get the chips from ;0] )

MMmmm anything with ginger I just love.
Jaye we must have the recipe :*)
So Don just what would you hawk on them corners????

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

I do have the recipe for Chicken with lemon grass. Will get it for y'all.
Just taste better when someone's in the kitchen!!
As for the catfish, it's just deep fried battered cubed catfish, with ginger sauce poured over. Secret is using the freshest ginger root and finely julienned.

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

I have lemon grass growing on my back porch! Thanks!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Where have you been Marcy? Snowed in the house too, and can't get to the pc ?
Been missing your posts!

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

I have fresh ginger growing in pots. I bought a root at the store last year, broke it up and planted 10 pots. Gave most of them to the family and kept 2. They got huge and the roots are bigger than what I bought.

I'm ready for anything covered with ginger sauce.

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Hey Sis, how long did it take your ginger? Mine don't seem to be doing a thing!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Robyn, use young roots that are not too fibrous. The new spring ginger rhizomes will be ideal. I don't have any indoors...mine are all outside.
Make a base...like sliced onions wilted in hot oil, add soy, a little sugar, then your julienned ginger. Add about 1/4 cup stock, and to thicken, a lil peanut butter imparts a nice flavour.
I love fresh ginger tea too.

Fresh ginger tea is a staple in our home. we drink it everyday My DH make it so strong it makes my ears itch lol:)

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

WOW Kim, that must be strong! LOL

Powerful stuff.

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

...and effective too for upset stomachs...a picker upper for sinus (no pun there)!
Lolol! I also carry ginger chews in my purse.
Looking through a magazine the other day, and it was suggested to add some cinnamon. Been adding about 1" stick, not bad...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.