Show us your bloomers!!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

By request the name has been changed, but we came from here. http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/774222/#new
Sorry it took so long.....im physically and emotionally drained from sending Mallory to Cali. and DD's baby shower.

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

DD Tiffany is like a Nancy Drew, thinks she's quite the investegator so the baby shower wasn't a surprise. But Mom had one more surprise up her sleeve that Tiffany didn't figure out. I bought plane tickets for her baby sister to come home for it. Tiffany was standing with her back to the door bragging to everyone how she figured it all out and it wasn't a surprise. So I said "Well how about the surprise behind you?"
Here's the results......

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Fred McMurray had "My 3 Son's" and Celeste Plaisted has
"My 3 Daughters".

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

When this picture was taken of the gifts, only 12 people had arrived. 35 showed up in all......this was minor. It took 2 vans to get it all back to her house!

Thumbnail by pixie62560

Touching Celeste. I don't have kids but I feel the feelings.

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

So that's what's blooming at pixie's?? Beautiful girls! Well, a lot of work for mom, but it looks as if Tiffany won't have to buy a thing for that baby until she's at least 4 or 5. so cool that you surprised her with Tarsha! and your little 'almost-a-daughter' Mallory is off. is Josh moping?

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Nice story Celeste. Hard to believe your kids are 20 years older than mine - you must be REALLY old.LOL

Another day, another new dahlia. I do not have the name for this one, but as a collarette it should be easy to track down.

Thumbnail by bigcityal
Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

That's it for new flowers. This late season pic I liked. Echinacea,butterflyweed and Chocolate eupatorium.

Thumbnail by bigcityal
Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Nice flower on Touch of Red calendula.

Thumbnail by bigcityal
Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

'Chocolate' is a nightmare plant for me, as I've said before. Nice shot though. Just noticed some nice color starting on the parkway near me.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Tiffany balled like a baby when she saw Tarsha. It would of made a great Hallmark comercial!
Thanks Al! I am old...at least feeling it today. I like the new dahlia, very unique!

Left to right in the picture is Nichole almost 29, Tiff 28, and baby sister Tarsha @ 25 all of them with teary eyes. Not telling you what Mom was doing...let's just say im surprised the pictures came out!

Very nice. You probably could have used an underwater camera! Nichole looks younger than 29 for sure.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Victor.....it's worse, thats a typo on my part. Nichole IS 29 she'll be 30 on Jan.15th! Boy am I glad she can't read this!

The Monadnock Region, NH(Zone 5a)

Oh Celeste!!
What a beautiful family. What a great time you must have had with them all. Thank you so much for sharing!!

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Very nice surprise Celeste. well done.

Upper Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 5a)

Celeste - you have three lovely daughters!! What an awesome surprise to give Tiffany!! Looks like you had a wonderful time!!
This is a before pic of Colin - before what you ask!! His first haircut!!!!! Eleanor

Thumbnail by grammyphoeb

During!!

Thumbnail by grammyphoeb

After!! Sorry the pics are a little blurred - its was not a still-life photo shoot!! LOL Subject kept moving!! Eleanor

Thumbnail by grammyphoeb

You may ask why he needed a haircut - the back was long and thick and when he throws one of his many temper tantrums each day his head is soaked in sweat!! Eleanor

Thumbnail by grammyphoeb
Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

Al, probably ?? In that case, I'm giving you your back...back. But I still like your new collarette. And the 'late season' pic, too.

bebop, what a great fall pic! I especially like your nasturtiums. I only had a few and didn't plant them in the best place. They didn't get very big but sure were pretty. I'm going for a bed like yours next year.

Eleanor, first haircut is a big milestone! love the little overalls. Colin is just cute as a button.

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

Aren't surprises fun?? How long did it take to open all the gifts Celeste? I just love baby clothes...

Al - I love that Dahlia too. You need to do a collage of all your blooms, with names!

Eleanor - the girls are going to be in trouble.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Anita, we started the baby shower at 2.....we ended it at 5:30. She has so much stuff it took her 3 hours to put it all away. She got a crib (from me) a bassinet, playpen, car seat, swing, carrier, mobiles. toys, clothes, baby bottles, diaper cake, ect....
The baby has clothes for next summer including a white bikini already! LOL It's sooooo small!

What, no plants???????????

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

No plants..except the arrangement I had made. It has delphiniums, rose's, daisy's and this redish-pink, very unique cluster flower that looked almost like berries.

Is there a flower that would be appropriate for a baby shower? One for health and longevity or something? I'm sure there is.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

How bout Baby's Breath?

This message was edited Oct 8, 2007 9:05 AM

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

They grow like weeds.

Babies or their breath?

Oh, by the way Al, your pics are nice. I guess we got off track again, but baby showers are a lot of fun and our kids and grand kids can always get us off the subject!! Eleanor

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Lovely daughters, Celeste......and the shower sounds like it was worth all of your efforts AND maybe even missing the RU! LOL

Al - nice pics yet again from you!! I especially like the calendula!

Eleanor - that little Colin is getting bigger.........and looks adorable with his haircut!!

Nice, happy postings from everyone......Happy Columbus Day!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Thanks Louise, and yes missing the RU was worth it this time!
Toad Lily finally bloomed, it is always a pleasure to see this tiny flower.

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Lot's of cosmos in bloom.

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

And I couldn't resist one more bouquet on my table...could very well be the last one. It's getting a bit nippy here at night.

Thumbnail by pixie62560

Love the TL.

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

Celeste, the toad lily is awfully sweet.

does anybody know what kind of bug this is? it joined me for a swim in the pool today. looks exactly like an unripe ladybug ;0)

edit to add: sorry for the bad pic

This message was edited Oct 8, 2007 7:26 PM

Thumbnail by grampapa
Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

this isn't blooming, but I really like the way it looked today, so I took a pic ( it bloomed earlier in the season). it's name is 'Olivette'

Thumbnail by grampapa
Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

Sheila's Perfume ... if it get's a chance to open

Thumbnail by grampapa
The Monadnock Region, NH(Zone 5a)

Sheila's Perfume is gorgeous!!
I love that color combination.

It looks like Pure Poetry.

Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

Tuscan Sun

Thumbnail by Kassia