Show us your bloomers!!

Van Etten, NY(Zone 5a)

Candyce, your clematis really impresses me. I tried growing it once and it winterkilled. But you must be in a similar zone. Do you protect it for the winter?
Also, yours is the second primrose I've seen posted lately. Mine only bloom in the spring. Very pretty.

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

At this time of year every bloom and pic is so much more appreciated. Thank you all for such wonderful pics. A few last bits of color here.

A new mum this year. 'Will's Wonderful'.

Thumbnail by ngam
Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Knocked down by the wind and rain but still pretty, 'Fall Charm'.

Thumbnail by ngam
Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

and the bright baby blue hydrangea 'Endless Summer' has gone dark pinky red for fall.

Thumbnail by ngam
belleville, NJ(Zone 6a)

in spite of what i said about liking simple dahlias, i reserve the right to be inconsistent.
this was a rescue plant - annual dwarf dahlia "starsister." Had a couple of sad blooms on it when i got it, then a couple of buds with no flowers inside. Then it just sat - until last week, when it actually bloomed! This week i got 2 blooms!
(they are kinda cool...☺)

Thumbnail by amethystsm
belleville, NJ(Zone 6a)

and my margarite (?) daisies (argyranthemums) have been happier than they've been all summer lately!
(these are all from Sunday, not so quick with the upload is amy...)

Thumbnail by amethystsm
belleville, NJ(Zone 6a)

other argyranthemums - madiera deep rose.

Thumbnail by amethystsm
belleville, NJ(Zone 6a)

osteopermum: soprano light purple (very light in this picture!)

Thumbnail by amethystsm
Van Etten, NY(Zone 5a)

Ngam and amethystsm, lovely flowers.

belleville, NJ(Zone 6a)

some of my assorted "daisies," being happy on the 21st of october.
so why can't i grow shasta daisies?

Thumbnail by amethystsm
belleville, NJ(Zone 6a)

and some more of the wacky non-sonata, non-blooming till after violent weather cosmos...

Thumbnail by amethystsm
S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

Amy, the dahlia is gorgeous!

belleville, NJ(Zone 6a)

aw... thanks!

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

That is a nice pic of the dahlia Amy. It's only an annual if you don't save the tubers - that's a collarette.

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Do any of your tubers not make it through the Winter Al?

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Tubers - yes, about 10-15% don't make it. I have many of each variety so I rarely lose a cultivar.

Wasn't Alice asking about this one?

Thumbnail by bigcityal

Cool - is that your light?

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Not sure if it lights up - maybe. Not mine, more pics while on the job.

I'm compiling a folder of these on-the-job photos for your boss. Not your wife - the other one.

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

I'll have to get one of my bosses mistress then?

Can I see it first?

Re-blooming Iris from today.

Thumbnail by victorgardener

This is getting slow - even for me. Celeste!!! We need a new set of bloomers.

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

Victor, great color on that iris! I've never bought any of the rebloomers. I'm always afraid they won't bloom well in the spring.

amy, so many great daisies...especially like the deep rose

ngam, pretty, pretty purples.

candy, I'm 'interested' in your kale. LOL love your snaps. I wintersowed some this year and none of them germinated and I missed them. if I don't get any next year I'm going straight to the garden center!

Patti, great collage...my fave is the dahlia in the top row, third from the left. thanks for posting your 'river' pics. I can't believe you're doing that work yourself. YOU ARE AMAZING!!! I'd be standing there pointing...'No, I want it to go that way!' that will be one gorgeous setting when you're done. it will look so natural there. glad your DS's injury wasn't any worse. Please keep us posted on your progress :0) I can live vicariously. I want a pond AND a stream.

jan

Wish I had the room for a stream too!

belleville, NJ(Zone 6a)

really al? the little dwarf dahlias are salvagable? i had no idea - but then again, i have kinda bad luck with them in general. They are sold here as annuals...

Upper Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 5a)

Beautiful blooms - it's amazing that there are still blooms this late in October. Eleanor

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

great photos everyone... sorry I haven't been around for a few days.... putting a new roof on the house and have a cold.... been kinda beat .... if anyone wants some of the johnny jump up seeds I might still have some left over from last year... I didn't collect any this year sorry

Allison

The Monadnock Region, NH(Zone 5a)

Allison:

Sorry to hear that you were under the weather, but glad to hear that you feel better today.

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Amy - sure, they'll have tubers. They sell small bedding ones as annuals in their eyes.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/662385/

Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

Candyce - that pistachio clematis is gorgeous!!!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

I really didn't expect to need thread # 2 but here it is:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/783574/
Please join us there and show us your bloomers!

belleville, NJ(Zone 6a)

Quoting:
They sell small bedding ones as annuals in their eyes.

ouch.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.