Cannas: CANNA ? ( Continued ) # 11

Brisvegas, Australia(Zone 12b)

Bed at 4.45 ???
Time to get up and play .

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

REASONABLE !!! :0

I can hear my husband laughing all the way from Beaverton.

(*Tropi - yahooo Evil Dick Donato !)

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

I'm rather proud of Dick myself...weird...the person I pull for never wins on those shows. He inparticular could not have been a bigger if he tried, but he made the show entertaining, so I liked him. Gotta say though, he looks like a different person when he's being all sweet and smiley, cute for an older man....maybe it's just the ink :)

?

OH no ! It's that quiet thursday again .
Where to this time ?

Pep , Hope all goes well at the Doc .

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Red, lol,,,,,,not sure why I didn't think of this at first, but where did the E.D. thing come from anyhow? I must have missed that show....personally I don't think those two words should ever really go together

Kell, it's Wed. afternoon here...we're all gettin over the hump

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

I agree with you Tropi, he is cute.

I have to get off this couch and do some dishes! I'm feeling lazy today.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

The doc is FRIDAY ginger!!! LOL.

Red, I got laundry started, trash to the road and plants watered today when I got home. All this during Oprah breaks. lol. I am a HUGE fan of Reba and Justin Timberlake. I also like Kelly Clarkson but she hasn't been around long enough to reach my HUGE status. lol

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

pepper, did you see Justin Timberlake on Saturday Night Live around Christmas? Have to give credit where it's due, that was one of the funniest episodes I've ever seen. I was surprised at how funny he was.

Worked set crew for a Reba concert once...boy does she travel with a ton of stuff--16 of the huge tractor-trailers full of stuff. We worked all night in the snow on that one. Saw the last few minutes of her concert before we started breaking everything down, so I could imagine if you were a big fan that it was really a show

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

I actually watched the Oprah (tivo'd) - I was impressed, he seemed like a very nice boy. I did get some cleaning and laundry done afterall, I like the commercial break idea!

Yes, I saw Justin special song, about a special present, very very funny! If you ever need a good laugh, go to youtube and watch an old episode of "Whose Line is It Anyway? with guest Richard Simmons. It is a riot!!!

If I don't do stuff during commercial breaks then nothing will get done. lol.

I haven't seen SNL. I always miss that show. Maybe seen a few episodes over alot of years. lol.

I remember when Justin was lead singer of N'Sync. I was a fan even then. Still love their music.

Where did everyone disappear too? It's FRIDAY!!!!

Went to doc and she said hearing aids should last many more years so no noew hearing aids!! But did need new earmolds. Will have those in about 2 wks. Can't wait!!

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

hey all, it is quiet - busy day, Just sat down with the kids to watch Freaky Friday. James is picking up a pizza and I am enjoying a glass of cabarnet. Aaaaaah, just as it should be well, except maybe with a different movie choice ! :)

What is everyone else doing??? and what are you drinking?

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

had mom duties tonight while BF is out of town. Watched The Muppets Movie with DD and I almost fell asleep there with her on the couch. She's getting too big to try and carry back to her room...lol...funny but sad a little.

Aurora, CO(Zone 5b)

Cccrrreeeeaaakk! Hello. Helloo. Heellloooo. Anybody here? 3 days with nothing? You guys are really dropping the ball. Or did you all get booted? Hope you all had a good weekend. Denver botanic get together, and plantswap were pretty fun. It was a beautiful day, with temps in mid 80s (28-9*c) and sunny. Today, we topped 66*(19*c) and overcast. Back to sun tomorrow.

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

As far as I know, no one got booted

What'd ya get at the swap, huh? huh? lol

Here's a cool amarcrinum (bad pic though, I can't load the new ones for some reason)

Thumbnail by Tropicanna
Aurora, CO(Zone 5b)

BP is heading south, so memory is for schnit right now; but, did get some flowering rudbekia(finally). I can't see paying $15 for a pot of it, so was starting some from seed and that takes a couple of years for flowers(I think). Also got some cuttings of viburnum to get started. These came from mtnmama, who hosted the lunch and swap at her house. I have to go look at everything, and refresh the memory but got some groundcovers from JamesCo, and some seeds from greenjay. Got some lambs ear seeds from the mama plant, so the OH can be happy next year. I don't particularly care for them, but....
ps- the getting booted was just a joke. ; )

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

sorry to hear about southbound....I've probably been in the Arctic Region for while..lol...

sounds like you got some good stuff for your area...lamb's ears are cool, kids love them, too.

what did y'all do? any fun games..horseshoes or anything (I'm bringing somethig like that to the next one)?

Be back in a bit. Dancing with the Stars is on!!!!!

Aurora, CO(Zone 5b)

Nope, just sitting around chatting, eating, then digging in mtnmamas garden. Greenjay got covered in goatsbeard seeds while chopping it down. There was only like 8 or 9 of us. That covered New Mexico and Colorado. It's a 4+ hour drive across the mountains, and about 5 or 6 from Los Alamos. No one from Montana made that drive! LOL

Don't blame the Montana people one bit!! I have a RU next month going on. Trying to get a couple of coworkers to go too. One will if she can get the day off.

Things have been pretty slow around here. I took some new pics at work but they are just up front around the Visitor's Center. Didn't walk around much cause the sun was really bearing down on us late Friday morning.

Will post next commercial break. lol. Not missing this show for nothing!!!!!

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Wow, that does sound like quite a drive, I bet it was nice though. I've never seen the Rockies in person, only pictures. It's nice to meet folks from DG, everyone's been so nice.

wanna see your pics, pepper, where you work seems so interesting...Heroes is coming on again tonight..woohoo! .lol

this is the worst picture, but if anyone knows tricyrtis (toad lilies), I need an ID on this one

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

lol...dangit

Thumbnail by Tropicanna

I can't even get those stupid things to grow!! I put them in a spot that is mostly shade, some sun, where nothing lasts beyond the first season. Astible about made it but then we got the *freeze*. That killed it. Pentas aren't happy there either. My next goal is one hosta. If that won't survive nothing will. lol. Ok, done ranting.

Ok, now on to pics.

This is what I call the tropical bed. Very lush. I know there are cannas, butterfly bushes, honeysuckle, and a bunch other plants in there. Almost all stay year round. A few I think get dug up, maybe.

Thumbnail by pepper23
Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

How about that, in MO...way cool

looks very lush considering it's probably chilly (by my standards) there already

Not really. It's in the 80s during the day right now, 60s at night. Will start cooling off though.

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

60's...I'm hunting a jacket..lol

it's cool like that at nights now, I get kinda chilly..lol

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

70's/50's here, it is starting to get cool in the mornings.... garden looks beautiful Pepper - even without "those stupid toad lilies" lol

Tropicanna, I've been bidding on those darn crinums on ebay like a BEAST ! I must stop! *I was outbid on most, some are very expensive (to me, anyway). I did manage to win a few bids, tho.

school pics are today, I told dd #2 to smile with a big smile (she has no front teeth) so we shall see ;)

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

get out, Red, I was just getting ready to bid on more dark pink and bicolor, dmail me if you're interested, we can go in together..lol

my daughter cut a chunk out of her hair (when we weren't looking, said she had a knot)----probably will take a year or two to grow out

The pic of the gardens is from work. Mine aren't pic worthy yet. Need more plants. lol

Dark pic but this has cacti and succelents mixed with other plants. Will try to get a better pic another day before it gets changed over.

Thumbnail by pepper23
Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

I hate to ask you the same question again, but do they leave the cacti (?) outside as well? That's a pretty bed

They leave it til it gets too cold. Then they redo all the beds and take in all tropicals to the greenhouses.

Coleus and other plants.

Thumbnail by pepper23
Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

oooooh, I love the first bed ! Pepper, do you get to design beds??
I keep plunking things into the parking strip bed, I'm anxious for it to fill in, and I need to just cool my jets and wait for spring growth.... DH took the camera with him (business trip to nyc,) I'll take pics when he gets back. *I managed to take the pool down today... big mess.

Tropicanna, A CHUNK ? that sounds serious - is her hair straight?? The preschool bang cut is always my favorite lol !
*the crinums, I think I want the one called 'Sangria' (have to check the name) but the bids keep skyrocketing at the end grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Yep, a chunk, did it really fast, too when we weren't looking , the center of the back of her head...we're kinda doing a combover on it. It was the first time she's done anything like that, and I think when she saw how much hair she cut she scared herself. It seems most parents I've told has similar stories, so it's nice to hear it's pretty normal to do.

Red, I'm not a gardener there. I wish I was though. lol. I could be a 9 month one but I need full time and to be a full time gardener there you have to have a hort degree. I don't have one. That's why pics are limited. lol. Too busy doing other things and don't make it into the heart of the gardens often.

Here is another pic. Different angle on the same coleus bed.

Thumbnail by pepper23
Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

oh well, hort degree schmort degree well, the beds are gorgeous. You sound very busy at work - I'm hoping I can work at a nursery when Vincent goes off to school - but don't know how qualified I am ?? !!

Trop, yes my daughter did it too; took out alot but her hair is curly, so it kinda didn't show so much. kids and scissors!

I don't know about nurseries. You will just have to ask them.

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Red, if you know plants well, you're probably more qualified than basically every person I've ever run into that worked at a nursery (around here...I'm not a plant snob or anything, but I can never get the correct ID for anything)...definitely worth filling out applications

The combover is working for the hair, it was just funny. Yesterday I went to pick her up from after school and she was making some kind of sign for her little boyfriend. I was ready to go, so I asked her where he was so she could go ahead and give him the thing. She said he'd already left, so I asked "You mean, he's not over here making signs for you?"......she told me, "No...but I have to finish anyway., but I still love Travis, too" (lol...her preschool boyfriend, sometimes they talk) She took forever, and then left the sign here this morning before school.

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

how cute is that !! and everyone knows, boys love signs lol

just waiting for the oven repair guy - oven won't hold the correct temperature. No cooking over the summer was fine - but the fall weather puts me in the mood for roasted veggies. (and the kids are missing homemade cookies for sure)
maybe we'll have baked potatoes for dinner.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.