Cannas: CANNA ? ( Continued ) # 11

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

mmmmmmmmm punkin pie! Beautiful pumpkins - does your daughter help make them? My kids love to "help" in the kitchen (but a 15 minute cooking project turns into a 45 minute clean-up!)

lol at your mom running the snake over and over with her car !!!!

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

lol, yeah right Red...me making pumpkin pies? Actually I did try it last year, but it didn't turn out so well. But those things are so huge, we made bread, cookies, soup...chili....lol

I have one of those 'cat drug this in' pics if y'all wanna be grossed out

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

Gross me out !!!!! go for it, I heard a disturbing story on the radio this morning.... they were talking about a lady who had a hole in her arm and she put "worms" in it.... she ended up in the E.R , and they had to sedate her to take her "friends - the worms" out of her body. Could this possibly be true? and I am sooooo grossed out about it.... thank god the girls weren't in the car to hear it. Lay the pic on me!

Blytheville, AR(Zone 7a)

Yeah, show us the picture. I'll just look with one eye open---won't be so gross that way. lol

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

lol....kinda freaked me out with the semi-psychic "worm" allusion--not sure what this is, but you can see where the head was

just so you all know, I was getting it up with a shovel and whatever those gross things are started moving. I then decided it was a situation where playing "Oh, poor, weak little ol me can't do it" was perfectly fine

...ditto for what the cat threw up afterwards too...too gross for me to deal with

Thumbnail by Tropicanna
Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

ewwww, what kind of dead animal is that? sick, but I have to say Alice's (that is Alice Cooper right?) fur is gorgeous, all those rodents are keeping her coat nice and shiny!

We just had a crazy hailstorm, *this is looking out our front room /entry

This message was edited Oct 3, 2007 2:21 PM

Thumbnail by Redtootsiepop
Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

heres another, now my new parking strip bed is flooded with water - ouch! not good for the new plants, I hope it drains quickly

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

LOL at Alice. I'm used to it so it's not gross to me.

Nice hailstorm. Bring it here Monday!! We have a tractor show at work this weekend so it has to wait til then. lol

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Whoa, Red, quite a storm! Hail is so freaky..ever been caught outside in a storm?...ouch!

And yep, that's Alice, she's a really pretty black cat, her coat is crazy shiny :)

SO I tried to play it off yesterday like I didn't see the dead thing (so I wouldn't have to deal with it)...it worked too well, cause he didn't see it either...gross...now I'll have to deal with it today

LOL. Just take something like a shovel to pick it up and then either bury it or toss it over to the neighbor's back door. hahahahaha

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

LOL...ewww...that's what I tried to do yesterday and whatever those flangey things were hanging out of the next started moving

hopefully there's no nerves still firing today....ugh

here's a big xanthosoma leaf

Thumbnail by Tropicanna
Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

That is gorgeous! Have you ever tried to make a mold of a big leaf like that? I've always wanted to try (but have nothing with those large leaves.

Pepper ! Throw it at your neighbors door? lol

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

Has anyone seen this http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=jessica+the+family+hippo

pretty cute video of Jessica the hippopotamus -

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Never made those leaf molds...maybe I'll check out the hippo

is it just me or is the estrogen getting chokingly thick in here? lol

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

it is a bit thick ! yoo hoo calling all the dirty old men out there to come play with us gardener chicks!

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

lol - now I've scared EVERYONE away

3 girls I work with made molds of EE leaves last week. They turned out awesome!!

Yeah, the guys need to get back on here!!

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

LOL....didn't mean to get all that started...lol

We went to the fair tonight with the daughter, it was lots of fun ...but of course at the end she decided she had to have something "fluffy"---and then it had to be big, and you guys know about carnival games, we already have the $50 giant Stitch from 2 years ago. So when we couldn't successfully win the big prize she got all upset....little girl freakout upset

So her dad took her home (we were both coming from work)...I played a couple of those guess your birth month deals so I could bring her a prize...meanwhile I don't know she is causing a scene in the parking lot and dad finally breaks down and spanks and publicly. People staring and all. Awesome. So when I'm walking back to the car I see them and give it to her.....at least it calmed her down, I didn't get the full story until I got home. It wasn't what she wanted, but she wanted to sleep with the basketball I won for her tonight

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

Oh Trop! Just read your post - sorry she had such a hard time - that really sucks! .... but it's really cute she slept with the basketball. She just had that thought stuck in her head that she was going home with something - disappointment is hard when your little (and grown up!)

Pepper, I've always wanted to do those molds - I need to get my hand on a big leaf, I wonder if Al;s Garden center would let me have one ???

I WILL NOT LET THIS THREAD DIE, JUST BECAUSE KELL DOESN'T LIKE US ANYMORE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol I'm going to start posting a picture of me and my breakfast every morning - uh no, wait - maybe just my breakfast

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

ok, I decided this was more fun than my breakfast

HAPPY HALLOWEEN !!! edited to say THE picture did not post -lol !

This message was edited Oct 5, 2007 3:15 PM

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

ha ha ha let me try that again !

ahem, Happy Halloween - don't let this happen to you!

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

and watch those pumpkins!

Love those pumpkins!! lol.

I wonder where kell went? Has anyone seen him on here anywhere?

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

I haven't seen the ol' rock climber ! Maybe we can attract some attention - and where's Paul ??? probably working, I miss his posts, he's always busy.

Pepper, how is work - did you get some help ??

Trop, did you daughter recover from the fair?

Aurora, CO(Zone 5b)

I'm still around. Nice to know I'm missed. AAaawwww! LOL 56 hours, and work tomorrow. Happy Columbus Day everyone! ps awesome pumpkin pics. Already ate my first Costco p pie! Let the season begin. Goodnight Gracie!

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

yeah, I feel like I'm still recovering from the fair..lol

Paul I would have asked about you, but I didn't want you to get too full of yourself, I know how Gemini's are anyway. ;)

great pumpkin pics, Red, love your spirit, my girl painted one of the pie pumpkins, we may just test out how well they work for carving

Work has been really busy even though my coworker is back. Trying to catch up on my end but in some buildings it is proving impossible. Today I work down up front because we have a tractor show going on. Might be there til the bitter end. lol.

BUT I have next weekend off!! My one and only weekend off this month.

Aurora, CO(Zone 5b)

Poor pep. Keep plugging away. I always tell myself that hard work builds charachter, so I'm full of it.....

Trop, to funny. We've never met, but you know me to well already! ; )

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

classic geminis are easy....they're like the guy hanging out at a bar with a big gold chain or something (lol) telling the ladies, "Hey, I'm a gemini!"--I know you have a sense of humor...boyfriend's best pal is the classic Gemini to the letter

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

I just got back from a big wholesale "open to the public sale" at Loen's Nursery. I had to drive around in my car to see everything, that place is humongous! I'm going to think it over and go back tomorrow.

Pepper - what do you have planned for your weekend? Lots of relaxing? - you and Paul do work a ton!

LOL. Worked from a quarter to 7am to 6pm today and am just catching up a bit here. The good thing is I'm not limping like I was last weekend when I got home. My dad wanted to know why I was "gimping" around. lol. He asked my mom what was wrong with Gimpy and she was like she's tired and sore. She got worked to death!! lol

Off to see Wild Hogs again here in a bit. My dad hasn't seen it yet. Awesome movie, highly recommend it!!!

Tomorrow out of town family coming in. If not raining I hope to take them to PG since they have never been there before. Plus we have an Antique tractor show going on and we have some really neat ones. I want a better look at them and tomorrow is my only day off til next weekend.

Off for tonight. Hope to be back on again tomorrow night.

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Enjoy your day off pepper

The daughter had a friend over and the parent was extremely late getting back in touch with us, of course the little girl was getting scared. We were able to get in touch with them but had to kind of find them, weird

And my boy cat got ran over tonight, we have to tell her about it in the morning :(

Aurora, CO(Zone 5b)

pep, hope you had fun with the family today.
trop, sorry to hear about the kitty. that's my biggest fear with my boy-o', getting hit by a car or tagged by a fox or coyote. He's big enough now(3 yr/o) to take care of the neighboring cats. Oh yeah, I'm the big, silent type, until I get to know you. Then watch out. And I don't any wear jewelry. Have to be able to laugh at yourself before you can laugh at others, and I certainly have no problem with either. LOL
red, 'money,money, money, moneeey'-poof, there it all went! LOL

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

Trop - I'm sorry about your cat, I know your daughter will be upset, darn it.
*we've had friends picked up late, you have to wonder what are those parents thinking?... once for Sophia's bday party, a girl was dropped off late WITH HER LITTLE BROTHER they didn't pick them up until 2 hours after the party was over, when I finally contacted them. How strange!

lol @ Costco, totally true, we have one about 5 minutes from our house, If I get out of there under $100 I feel like celebrating!

Pepper, you are spending your day off at work - your employers must adore you !!!! Nah, just teasing if I worked there I'd be tempted to go take a look-see myself.

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

We're still chickening out at the moment ---been waiting on the OH all day...we've been through this before, it's so sad.

Red, never shopped at Costco, but I hear people talk about it a lot, there's one not far from here. We had a similar situation at my daughter's birthday party this year with a parent " forgetting something" and managing to show at the last 5 minutes of the party. I felt bad for the little girl yesterday, she was really worried.

pepper, hope you're enjoying family and tractor shows on your day off :)

vadap, I have been known to be a bit of a bad influence..lol

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

Trop, I hope your daughter is okay :(

Pepper, tell us how much fun you had on your day off !

and I bought the 3 pack of canned pumpkin at Costco - so I guess I'm making the pies myself !

No tractor show today. They went to visit an uncle of mine and he gave them directions for the long way around. A normal route is an hour or so. It took them 5 hours this way. lol. I asked when was he gonna learn to quit following his directions. Not the first time he has gotten them lost.

We only had a few hours with my neice but my mom enjoyed it. My dad and I fell asleep in our chairs cause we were so tired. lol. I woke up when the phone rang. lol. We had fun while they were here and we will go up and see them hopefully next month.

Here is a new picture of Curly. He was chewing on some of my new grass I planted. lol. And standing in a hole. He is a weird cat sometimes.

Thumbnail by pepper23

Oh, everyone fill this out to determine if you are yankee or Dixie. I am Dixie!! Whoo hoo!!!!! LOL

i guess I better post the link. lol

www.angelfire.com/ak2/intelligencerreport/yankee_dixie_quiz.html

This message was edited Oct 7, 2007 7:39 PM

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

well, it's funny, I had to take the quiz--as if there were any potential I might be a yankee...lol...it was pretty funny though how many of the answers were centered around the Carolinas

everything went OK today, we made a little marker for him and stuff. I'm surprised at how well she took it

Glad she took it ok. It probably helped having a marker made for him.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.