August Daily Weather

Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

94.8 °F / 34.9 °C
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 47%
Dew Point: 71 °F / 22 °C
Wind: Calm
Wind Gust: 5.8 mph / 9.3 km/h
Pressure: 29.88 in / 1011.7 hPa (Falling)
Heat Index: 103 °F / 39 °C
Visibility: 9.0 miles / 14.5 kilometers
UV: 5 out of 16
Clouds: Few 4500 ft / 1371 m
Scattered Clouds 25000 ft / 7620 m
(Above Ground Level)

Tonight
Partly cloudy and hazy. A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Some storms may be strong in the evening with gusty winds and heavy rainfall. Lows in the upper 70s. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Heat index readings 101 to 106.

Deb - Pretty flowers
Joey - MG's are gorgeous!!

We had some clouds this morning, but no rain. It's just hot!

Thumbnail by MySharona
Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

We might get some rain tonight! The wind is blowing pretty darn hard, there's a system to the north of us. It's just now getting to the St. Mary's GA area.

83.7 °F / 28.7 °C - We made it below 90!!
Overcast
Humidity: 47%
Dew Point: 61 °F / 16 °C
Wind: 3.0 mph / 4.8 km/h / 1.3 m/s from the NNW
Wind Gust: 13.9 mph / 22.4 km/h
Pressure: 29.94 in / 1013.8 hPa (Rising)
Heat Index: 84 °F / 29 °C
Visibility: 7.0 miles / 11.3 kilometers
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds: Mostly Cloudy 15000 ft / 4572 m
Overcast 25000 ft /

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Still hot. Temps got into the hundreds. Everyone working outside was really sweating. It felt like a furnace out there. Still does. Heat supposed to break next weekend. Low 90s.

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Sharon, great skies you get.
Deb, what is that outrageously beautiful red plant with the big fat white center?
Kiska, oooh lovely berries, and great balconey garden to frame your mountain view [back a while], and those temps sound heavenly right this minute. Truth to tell tho I do prefer 78* - and we'll be there soon. well, maybe.

102* High 65* Low Hum 6% 100* rt now

I posted this on a different thread, it's the south end of the valley here. Same day.

Thumbnail by BloomsWithaView
Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

PS I guess 600 tornados and on the increase

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

That Canadian High filtered down into our area during the night. Beautiful cool weather this AM - lower humidity, was out running the rotortiller. Cutting grass. Wow - feels good to be alive. One of those work till your soaking wet sweated - then sit on the porch and let the breeze blow over you - days.

High got up to 84 - a rare treat when so much of the country is sweltering.
Currently 74 deg. Ground is wet, things are growing, especially the weeds.

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Blooms: If you're talking about that last pic I posted, that's a lobelia, aka cardinal flower, "Ruby Slippers".
I'm thinking maybe Utah's nickname could be "Big SKy Country", instead of that other state. Love your pics.
Deb

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Helluu! :D What a wonderful day with a hi of 85*! :D And like Se_eds, the humidity was low & we had a nice little breeze. :D I've been out collecting seeds without sweating. :D

Thanx, Sharon & Deb...yep MG crazy! :D
Sharon, still looks kinda nasty there. But at least you'll be getting some rain.
Deb, I Love your Lobelia. I'm gonna have to put that one on my "gotta have it" list. :D
Blooms, such a Marvelous Sight! Love those clouds! :D
Se_eds, Isn't it really nice when we get those Canadian High's? ;)
Pepper, Please take care! Do you have to work outside a lot?
Dyson! :D LOL Did ya get "kewled" off? (still grinning ~ becuz it was HHH & you had to turn down the AC!) :D

The answer to the trivia is... B (800)

Good Evening All! :D
(My MG "unfurling")
Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep
Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Brand new thread, come on over!!! http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/759149/
;)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.