Buggycrazy's Site

Saco, ME

Hi guys!

Forgive me if this has already been mentioned. I am kind of in a hurry this morning and do not have time to read all the wonderful posts. I thought buggycrazy was going to start selling lily bulbs on August 1st but when I go to her site, it says the site is temporarily under construction or repair or something (I forget exactly what it said). Anybody have any knowledge of what is going on for her selling bulbs this August. I am biting at the bit and I am sure I am not the only one! Thanks a bunch in advance.

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

Just give her a bit of time. She has probably been up all night finishing this site. Adding the new ones, changing things. It's a lot of work.
Patience, patience. You have my word that it will be worth the wait. There will be bulbs left when her site goes up...promise ;0) I know...the excitement is killing me too....

Saco, ME

Thanks so much Magnolia. I am sure I am not the only one feeling this way. I guess there are worse things to be addicted to! I have never bought from her and saw the size of her bulbs and the glorious pics of the lilies on here and I was hooked!

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Remember, Buggy is on Pacific time and we're all way ahead of her time wise. :)

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

So what Ticker is saying is that I am right, poor thing has been up all night getting this ready ;)

OC, CA & Twin Lakes , IA(Zone 4b)

I went to the site first thing this morning and was also disappointed. We'll just have to keep checking it.

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

Ahhhh, but this disappointment is so very temporary.

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

And credit card bills are forever....

(Sue) South Central, IA(Zone 5a)

Wanda! There are just some things worth dying with!

LOL ! I guess that's why I married a younger man--to die early and leave him the bills?

(Sue) South Central, IA(Zone 5a)

That works!

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Hey, isn't his name "Bill?" I mean, after all, something that comes in the mail named "bill" should go to "Bill" right? :)

LOL Good one, Ticker; I'm gonna rename our "bills" to Bruce.

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

Good one, Ticker!

I have been naughty; ordered off the lily sale at American Meadows website:

http://www.americanmeadows.com/

35% off Sale

With shipping they averaged $ 3.40 each; of course they aren't the fancy ones you all show but I've got places they can go.

still waiting for buggycrazy . . .(tapping foot)

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

I'm anxiously waiting too! I've heard so many good things about her lilies on here that I'm dying to get a couple.

I looked at the American Meadows sale-there's nothing wrong with any of those varieties. They've become ubiquitous because they're good, classic lilies. I wouldn't be surprised to hear that all the "real" lily people grow most of 'em as well as the "fancy" ones! This is my second year growing lilies. I just added Stargazer this year and I want to add some white ones for next year. I'm debating between Buggy's Siberia, Lily Garden's Sapporo, and Casablanca. Knowing me, I'll end up with more than one of 'em....and I'm sure I won't just be buying white!!! :) :)

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

Well, I just checked again and I can tell she's busily working on it. When I hit refresh she went from 271 lily bulbs to 277.

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

Well, susybell, I'd get one of each of those white ones, just to be sure ;0)

I am so new to lilies I appreciate anything.

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

lol, Magnolialover, thanks for the advice and lily enabling! :)

Twinlakes, I'm not all that picky, either. My first lilies last year were $1 bulbs from the garden show and I'm lucky I didn't end up loaded with virused lilies. Then, this spring I discovered DG and the Lily Garden-and Buggy Crazy, and a ton of other companies.... (Well, my CC isn't so sure about the lucky part, but I'm adding some wonderful plants.)

Willamette Valley, OR(Zone 8a)

I worry about buggy with all that riff raff out there. The lily bulb count is up to 282 so I guess she is ok!

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

Has anyone else noticed that every time you hit refresh it still updates the "what's new" pictures? I've seen some very pretty lilies in that little picture box!

Buggy is teasing us!

She sure is! After the long note she wrote about her area, it sounded like she is having some real challenges.

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

Those *what's new* pix are driving me Buggy! oops, I mean batty! I mean, how do you not get one called 'Bewitched', when you're a Samatha Stevens fan?

Nice to know that your 2007 lily hassles haven't discouraged you, magnolialover!

I was just reading in one of the lily catalogs that "all lilies carry virus", but like a cold on top of the flu on top of other infections, multiple virus can finally break down a lily's defenses. Calvin Hensley said the same thing during our Lily Judges School. This lily catalog reccomended watching the lily for a year & feeding it to see if the "virus" was really just weather re-lated damage.

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

That's just what Bob & Dianna from B&D have said. I was astounded to know that all lilies carry a virus. That's just how they described it to me , Wanda.
And it has been weird weather.

Don't forget, if you start your lilies from seed your plant is virus free until such time that it catches it from something else in your garden.

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

Ah, yes, seeds! I am going to try to harvest some open pollinated seeds from whatever North Hybrid I have out back. We'll see how that goes.

What does B&D stand for? (pardon my ignorance)

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

Bob and Dianna's Lilies (B&D Lilies) a grower in Port Townsend, Wa.

thanks

Do you know their website?

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

We're up to 288 lilies on Buggy's site. :) LOL

Arlene, here ya go..
http://www.bdlilies.com/

Clinton, CT(Zone 6b)

Susybell....just noticed that. Click on the "What's New" and it cycles through 9 lilies.

As of now.

Linda_IA and I are putting are heads together tommorrow morning over breakfast to shop thru 3 catalogs and get our lily orders started.
I want more Orienpets, Trumpets & species. Late blooming as possible to extend my season.

I LOVE my l.rubrum blooming right now!!! In full shade & 1/2 shady spots... Isn't she beautiful? And BIG!

Thumbnail by Wandasflowers

Excellent!

OH! OH! Wake up everyone!!!! Buggy's site is up!!!!!!!!!!

http://buggycrazy.vstore.ca/

My order is in! (I was bad)

Fox River Valley Are, WI(Zone 5a)

You must have bought Tristar? I had in my basket and then it said sold out later on :*)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.