What's blooming today? # 8

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

another glad.

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

another glad

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Yes Dizzy was just for you. There's a flower for everyone!!

One more glad.

Thumbnail by pixie62560
Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Some of you asked for "inside" photos of my little potting shed, "Cuppatea".... Please don't miss the important presence of the one and only "Lone Ranger" chalkware statue that makes me smile every time I open the door......He's so out of proportion.....Love that about him! :) As you can see.....it's quite a melange of things mixed in with the gardening stuff.

Thumbnail by DonnieBrook
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

What a nice place to to get away to! I'd never go in the house again! LOL

This is "Shocking" in full bloom.

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

'Exotic Candy" someone had asked about this one or the other pink on pink. The other pink on pink was janice Brown. I have a hard time to tell the difference.

Thumbnail by pixie62560
Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

....and here's a close-up of the "front door" of Cuppatea.......

Thumbnail by DonnieBrook
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

'Yellow Explosion"

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Louise...that is my dream shed!! How to you force your self to go inside and do household chores??
This is called "Purple Sensation" but there is nothing purple about it.

Thumbnail by pixie62560
Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

This one gives you the setting of Cuppatea up near my veggie garden, and you can see my garden farm sink just across from Cuppatea where I wash my veggies and just play in the hose generally - like I played in the sprinklers as a kid......This is My World.....:) Oh, and the old red tractor ("Lydia") is my DH's fun in the sun!

Thumbnail by DonnieBrook
Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Pixie - I was the one who asked you for the name of your pink on pink DL.....This exotic candy is a bit like my Wild Mustang......

Thumbnail by DonnieBrook
Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

I like the Janice Brown you showed earlier......and these today are all pretty too......Do you put name tags in the ground by each plant?? I have so many that I don't have names for. Most were gifts and many didn't have tags.....This is a great place to get their names if I can just take a decent photo of the bloom.....

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Pix, something for everyone is right. Gorgeous stuff once again. Really like the 'Black Beauty' and those glads are something else.

DB you have such a lovely setting there. Your potting shed looks like a little country store, so neat and tidy. My shed looks like a bomb went off in there. I think I will have to get out there and sort things up now. LOL Well when it cools off a little maybe.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Louise...sorry it took so long to get back to you. I am not positive about Janice Brown...pretty sure, but not positive.
Here's the two side by side....I can now tell them apart! LOL

I only started putting names tags if I had them or know what they are. But the weather fades them really fast! There are so many un-named ones it isn't funny!

Thumbnail by pixie62560
Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Ngam - Did you by any chance read the children's book, "Maida's Little Store" when you were young? I've not met too many people who read the Maida series, but after your response, I realized that this Maida book (my very favorite book as a child) may have influenced my play house.......and believe me, it isn't really very tidy.....There's stuff everywhere.....but it works for me! Somehow, a mouse took up residence in Cuppatea recently and made a huge mess with all the seeds, etc.. He also shredded some of the paper towels right on the holder! The nerve! My DH helped me out with that little problem. Molly and I prefer a rhodent-free Cuppatea, but she likes the idea of defending the fort. It appeals to her protective side, I think. Bichons are not nearly as froo-froo as they may appear to be. Mine (all rescues) have all been "woods dogs" .....:).

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Great shots all! Love 'Princess Melissa'.

Here's Clethra alnifolia 'Rosea'. It's sweet, honey scent literally fills the garden this time of year.

Thumbnail by victorgardener

Hardy Hibiscus. About 8 inches across.

Gardenia - heavenly scent!

Crape through the front door glass.

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Ooooh, Victor, what an interesting shot through the door glass.....That door must be lovely! I love the gardenias (hope mine survives the summer heat in Fla.), and that hibiscus is a wonderful color. Have you ever had any luck planting the seeds from your hardy hibiscus? If so, do they need to dry very long before planting? I'm saving the spent flowers and hope to have some new plants from them.

Thanks Louise. Are you in Fl now? Never tried the seeds.

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Pixie, I was waiting for the rest of the story you started here: http://davesgarden.com/forums/p.php?pid=3812525
;^)

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Dave,
I hailed a cab.....fast!!!! Thats the problem with growing up in Maine and in the country......I was very naive, well I still am I guess by the butterfly comments I made!
I said earlier that there was a flower for everyone, this one applies to me at the moment.
'Fruit Loops"

Thumbnail by pixie62560
Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Victor I absolutely agree that shot through the door window is spectacular. The clethra, you are the first person I have heard say they have it. I have often looked at it in the catalogs and thought about getting one. Maybe next spring.

Louise no I did not read those books but we have a full scale country store next town over, your shed reminded me of it. It is that time of year that all the little critters are looking for a cozy place to start storing up seeds and things for winter. I'm sure your little house looked very comfy.

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Ngam - I'd probably like that country store......I like just about everything country...can you tell? :)

Victor - No, I'm not in Florida now.....I am up in NH for the summer.....I am a Florida native, but a summer Yankee!! I have lived in New England for 27 years, and we just spent our first winter in Florida in my childhood neighborhood.... I will go back down hopefully in time to plant some tomatoes, etc. for winter there. Hibiscus generally do really well there, so I'll try to plant some of my hardy hibiscus seeds too.

Jersey Shore, NJ(Zone 7a)

Pixie, awesome photos yet again. The glads in posts 32 and 38 look like they're meant to be together.
DB, your shed and entire setting look so bucolic. Thanks for the lilac info.
Victor, love the shot through the window. My crape is so dwarf I'd need to find a mouse hole to shoot through.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

great pictures everyone!

The Monadnock Region, NH(Zone 5a)

Good morning, all!!

I didn't get on the internet at all yesterday, so I am a bit overwhelmed with all the beautiful blooms ~ and the great stories!! (wink, wink)

I haven't been out to the gardens yet, so I must dash off and do that. Right now, the coffee in my cup smells heavenly!!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

everything in my garden is very soggy from the heavy thunderstorm last night.... not dashing off anywhere till this coffee cup is empty

:)

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Victor, the photo of the Crape throught the door is wonderful! Gardenia looks lovely......didn't realize it would grow this far North. Whats the zone hardiness on that?

Venu, I know the names of the glads...was too lazy to look them up! LOL ALL the glads are "together". I have one flower bed that I use for all my plants that need to be dug up in the fall. It makes it so much easier on me and no mistakes digging up something that shouldn't be! I put Glads, Dahlia's, Freesia, Ixia, ect... in it.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

anyone ever have snap dragons return the next year?..... i keep hearing some can..... i pulled them all out in fall in the past.. i might try and leave them this year

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

Great shot Victor. Very artistic!

Beautiful pics everyone.
Donie-I love ths shed. I have one too, but never thought to paint the inside. Nice idea

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

onewish, my snapdragons come back every year. This one is a volunteer from 2 years ago. Last time I planted snap dragons was in 2005.

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Another volunteer.

Thumbnail by pixie62560
Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

So many wonderful flowers and even better photos...you guys amaze me every day!

thanks for all the nice comments on the herb garden :0)

Victor, the shot thru the front door is art...you should frame it! I love the clethra. I get it mixed up with itea.

onewish, I've had snaps self-seed.

Louise, your shed looks like 'home' to me. I need that! It's just perfect inside and out!

Eleanor, you have a wonderful family there. of course, I've been a Colin fan from day one!

there is hope for dahlias in Wheatfield, NY...another bloom on Al's AA Pink

Thumbnail by grampapa
Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

and 'Bliss'

Thumbnail by grampapa
Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

rose 'Pink Peace'

Thumbnail by grampapa
Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

'Wild Blue Yonder'

Thumbnail by grampapa
Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)