Thumbnail by grampapa
Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

sweet pea 'Perfumed Delight'

Thumbnail by grampapa
Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

and another color

Thumbnail by grampapa
(Zone 4a)

grampapa your flowers are just lovely!!!! I have no idea how you all keep track of the names when you have so many to keep track of!

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Thanks all. Celeste - the Gardenia is in a pot that I bring inside for Winter, though it is supposed to be marginally hardy here.

Jan - beautiful roses - mine are between blooms now. Both Clethra and Itea are favorites of mine. Both have bottlebrush blooms. Clethra grows from shade to full sun and does well in wet soils, so it's very useful. Itea has fantastic Fall color.

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Pix, snapdragons are another thing on the "I gotta try these" list.

Grampapa beautiful roses. do you have to protect any of them over winter? Double Delight is one of my favs, how is it for blackspot there?

Victor if we ever get that pond dug out these could be a really good choice for shrubs on the edge of the woods. Bambi doesn't like them does he?

Never noticed deer damage on them.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

thanks pixie & gram.... you guys made my day... i am going to leave them this year and see what happens... ngam if you want seed let me know.... i will have tons by the end of the season.... and i am sticking to the dwarf ones from now on... the tall ones fall over too much

great shots gram... love the 'Champagne Cocktail'

I finally ventured out to see what needed to be uprighted or staked after the downpours last night here are mine from this morning

the picasa seems like a nice program

http://picasaweb.google.com/AllisonNJ71/8407?authkey=0lD1orl9qjI

Thumbnail by onewish1
Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

Not sure what these are but I'm sure one of you will know.
I think it's an annual of some kind that I started from seed as it is in the window box.

Thumbnail by kimskreations
Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

Very hot and humid here in maine the past few days. Almost TOO hot to be in the garden so I do the important things first thing in the morning and then enjoy from in the house

Wagon Wheel Oxalis struttin' her stuff this morning:

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

kim that's torenia.... and i love them too

http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/249/

Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

Really enjoying the color of this Salvia Coral Nymph. Can't wait to get a "full shot" and night shot of them.

Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

Thank you very much Onewish....those are really cute :)
I hope I can get some seeds off of them. I think I am going to have some hot pink ones too but I LOVE the deep colored ones.

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Onewish - I enjoyed your picasa slideshow.....very nice. I agree that that seems like a good photo software. We had Walgreen's Photo Show, and made some neat little photo shows, but without warning, after we had taken lots of time to make some shows, the software timed out on us and all was lost - except for the stills on our computer. For that reason, I'd stay away from the Walgreen's........As to your question about snapdragons - mine reseed, and I have collected the seed pods and placed them in choice spots in the spring as well. I, too, like the dwarfs a lot!

Grampapa - You are a very skilled photographer.......all of your rose shots are crystal clear and so, so pretty! My mouth waters when I see your pics!! Glad you like my shed! I was just up there lollygagging around......:) It's that kind of place.

Kim - I like your oxalis shot and that torenia is new to me! Very nice! I enjoyed all of your pics!

We had lots of rumbling last night, but very litle rain here.....just enough to give me a break on the watering of the new garden this morning.

Oh, how I enjoy this thread!!! Thanks, everyone!! Here's a pic of my front porch flowers....

Thumbnail by DonnieBrook
Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

Everyone has such great shots!! Love the pink ones Jan. Louise, I WANT your shed. It's beautiful! I can't cover everyone. Just stopping in today.

The weeds have turned me into a slave!

Harper

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Nice flowers. Strawberry Shortcake caught my eye.

Jan - there is no Wheatfield,NY - there are dahlias there - way to go!

how's this for dark

Thumbnail by bigcityal
Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Big fluffy one here - Penhill Watermelon.

Thumbnail by bigcityal
Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

I traded some dahlias for this hibiscus - Lady Baltimore.

Thumbnail by bigcityal
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Good trade Dave! BTW.....Not "Strawberry Shortcake" it's actually a dwarf oriental called "Angelique"....my bad.

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

I traded Dave for some magic beans. Angelique is still nice then - I guess.

Jersey Shore, NJ(Zone 7a)

Jan, your Miami Moon looks luscious in every photo you've put up. How's it's disease resistance?

Al, what's that dark one called? - it's gorgeous.

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

it's this one
http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/122646/
not really dinnerplate size and more of a laciniated one IMHO.

Maybe saucer size?

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

You can really annoy major growers of dahlias by using those words - they don't exist in official dahlia lingo(AA or A is official) Life's too short - I don't care.

Yeah that stuff is silly.

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

I'm really starting to rethink my reluctance about dahlias....just maybe they ARE worth the work after all. Don't get me wrong....I've always recognized their beauty, but just how much digging and replanting can anyone do?? For me it's caladiums and glads.....but my goodness, these dahlias on this thread are really superb beauties. I wish I weren't so lazy!!! I don't play the lotto, but if I did........winning it would surely go in part to hiring someone to do lots of dahlias in my garden....Great weekend in the garden, HUH??? Hope you are all enjoying it!

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Look at Jan going all Pixie on us! Beautiful. You have been busy

I took some wider picture. This time of year daisies, phlox, echinacea & black eyed susan dominate my garden as lilies & daylilies drop off.

Thumbnail by Dave47
Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Those are really pretty all mixed in together, Dave. I really like that shot. My blackeyed susans are in full glory right now. I lost some echinacea over the winter, so I just planted a new one in my new potting shed garden. I love them, and I love to see the butterflies on them. I also just planted some white phlox.

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

I didnt have good luck with my late evening pictures. Previous one was worse than I thought. (Yes, Al. I still have that ability to keep things out of focus).
Forget the name of this orienpet. It has thinner petals.

Thumbnail by Dave47
Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Thanks Donnie. Those phlox have a pink eye, not that you could tell.
This is part of my new horseshoe shaped garden.

Thumbnail by Dave47
Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Above was knock out rose, bes, daisies and adenophora (2nd bloom)

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

This. is the other side of the same new garden

Thumbnail by Dave47

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.