What's blooming today? # 8

Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

Pixie, going to Portland is a major city trip for me. I get sick to my stomach thinking I have to go. I am a country girl all the way and cities make me ill. Went to LaKermesse this year and saw some sights that I didn't even know were in Biddeford. It gets closer and closer every day....scary. I love the little "bubble" I live in and choose to spend the rest of my life there *lol*

Today's shot.....Salvia Coral Nymph just starting

Thumbnail by kimskreations
Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Funny Celeste. Tough being green in a red light district. Great story though. Kim, nothing wrong with that.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Kim I am a country girl too but Portland doesn't bother me, spent alot of time there for Doctors appts. so I got used to it. I do like my "bubble" though.....feels very safe out here in the country!

'Mardi Gras Parade'

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Hollyhock.....had pink ones, black and yellow last year. This year the pink and black didn't come back but the yellow did. This one looks like a cross between the yellow and the pink!

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

I posted this rose before...it's the one DH bought me. It started blooming the end of June and it's still blooming. This was taken yesterday. DH did good!!!!!!

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

I thought I had lost this too, it did not come back where I planted it. Found this little guy blooming yesterday in the dogs pen!!

This message was edited Aug 3, 2007 8:20 AM

Thumbnail by pixie62560
(Zone 4a)

This pretty pink dahlia was a surprise me to - it was open this morning! I didn't know I had a pink one until today!

Thumbnail by DawnLL
(Zone 4a)

This is the 3rd time my multi-blue clematis is booming!

Thumbnail by DawnLL
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

And it's a bright cheery pink too!!!!!!

(Zone 4a)

These have been blooming for a week but I thought I would share...anyone know the name?

Thumbnail by DawnLL
Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Pix the same thing happened here with my hollyhocks. Also had a zebra show up. Have now noticed several hh seedlings popping up. Hoping some are my dark ones too. Your rose looks very happy. Mixed results on the roses here. Some are doing fine, some are looking really awful with this humidity. Many may be leaving if they don't improve next year.

Dawn it seems to be a good year for clems here too. I like the color contrast on your DL.

This message was edited Aug 3, 2007 9:53 AM

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

First bloom on helianthus 'Lemon Queen', many more buds to open.

Thumbnail by ngam
Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Second round for this delphinium 'Purple Passion'. This one has a nice striped bee that I like. I hope it returns next year.

Thumbnail by ngam
Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Thanks, everyone, for those gorgeous pics!! I want one of each!....but they'll have to wait. I'm grounded today with vertigo......ugh......BUT, I can still read my DG threads if I hold my head still.......Now that's a neat way to fight the impact of being tipsy!!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Dawn, I think your daylily is "Frans Hals', take a look.
http://davesgarden.com/pf/showimage/9658/

DonnieBrook, sorry to hear your under the weather....but it's a good day to stay inside in Maine. It's suppose to be 90 again today. Has it been hot in N.H. too?

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

Louise, so sorry about your vertigo. My mom had that. It took her weeks to recover! I hope you feel better soon.

Everybody else: thanks for such a great show this morning!

Clinton, CT(Zone 6b)

DawnLL...the pink looks like a fairyland Dahlia...so delicate and light. Still waiting on my Dahlias---the vendor shipped almost a month late.

Planted a Brug--Jerad's Joy--the same day, June 11th, I put in the Dahlias and it has bloomed twice:

Thumbnail by David_Paul
Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

DB sympathies on vertigo. Have it myself from time to time. None of the subsequent attacks have been as bad as the first one, maybe because I know what it is now. A creepy feeling for sure. Feel like you've been to a really good party without having any of the fun. Get better soon.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

David_Paul, no dahlia's here yet.....got buds!
A few new flowers today.

"Real Wind"

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

"Muscadet"

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

"Black Beauty"

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

"Carmen Desires"

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

"Dizzy"

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

"Cat Dancer"

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

"Golden Stargazer"

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

"Princess Melissa"

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

"Raining Violets"

Thumbnail by pixie62560
Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

I'm still waiting for Pixie to finish her story!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

'Space Mountain"

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Noid growning under my rose bush.

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

What story??

"Angelique" maybe 10" It's a wonderful little lily!!!
edited to fix correct name.

This message was edited Aug 4, 2007 4:24 PM

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

"Frans Hal"

Thumbnail by pixie62560
Clinton, CT(Zone 6b)

Pixie...I want that Golden Stargazer! This is my first year with lilies (and most everything else). Saw yellow lilies and thought..."ick"...but several came in a mix of LA hyrids and they really brighten up the garden. I like them more than some of the reds which were my first choice. The Golden Stargazers have much fragrance?

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Phlox

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Golden Stargazer smells wonderful!

"Color Parade" looks alot like Stargazer but much shorter.

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

New glad

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

"Blue Luster"

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

"Sea Treasure"

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Coneflower

Thumbnail by pixie62560
Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Pixie - I'll bet you put in a shot of "Dizzy" just for me and my vertigo, huh?? Thanks to you all for the sympathetic wishes.. It's not so bad this time, because I got some dramamine in me right away....It's just an annoyance. And yes, Pixie - it is in the 90s here in NH as well. I thought you might have cooler temps up there in Maine. My ceiling fans are hummin'!!!

Sure do enjoy all those pics, everyone!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.