Happy Flowers!

Whidbey Island, WA(Zone 7a)

Pink Anemone - so sweet . . . I really have a lot of these.

Thumbnail by Murmur

Pink Cornflower which has bloomed all Summer (and looks more lavender than pink).

Thumbnail by Murmur

Gaillardia Oranges & Lemons with Euphorbia Shorty.

Thumbnail by Murmur

Are you sick of me yet?

Okay, last one . . . Phlox Laura (at least I think it's "Laura")

I'm heading back to Maple Valley tomorrow after work (I only work from 10:30 to 12:30 on Fridays), be home Saturday evening. And hopefully have Sunday just for me and my poor gardens. Hope you each have a stupendous weekend!

Thumbnail by Murmur
Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Beautiful!!

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

HI Murmur!
No, not sick of you at all! Nice flowers! Congratulations on your new grandbaby! Tell your daughter Congratulations and that I hope she's feeling better soon.

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

A new baby?!!? Congratulations, Murmur.

Kathy

Buckeye, AZ(Zone 9a)

Hello Murmur,
Beautiful flowers, but I bet they do not compare to the new grandbaby! Congratulations and I hope your daughter is doing better.
Happy gardening, Carla

Thanks, all - and, yes, baby is absolutely beautiful (and I'm not a bit prejudiced . . . well, maybe a tiny bit).

Thumbnail by Murmur
So. Puget Sound, WA(Zone 8b)

Nope, you're not prejudiced. She is beautiful!

Buckeye, AZ(Zone 9a)

Oh how beautiful and with a full head of hair! Congratulations again!

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

She's a beauty!!

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

Oh, she is precious! Definitely a "happy flower", indeed!

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Beautiful little flower, congrats. We have one due at anytime, My niece, We thought it would be last night but so far not!!!!
And lovely flowers too.

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Congrats to you, Mary. Maybe today . . . Always fun waiting for a new little person.

Let us know when baby arrives!!

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

I just got the call. Baby within next 4 hours +/- on our way. My sons B-day is on the 11th that will be another Virgo to the clan, Be funny if she waits till tomorrow.

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

How exciting!!!

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Here she is in all her glories, born at 2.22 pm. And I just just got home,
7.2 lbs
19.5 in long.
She is my Grandniece, I help raise the first one, very happy, love them dearly.
have another pic.

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

This is my DH with new Grandniece, We had 4 cameras in the room with us and I cant wait to see the others.

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

This is the time of year we really have no flowers to really share, But the joy of having a new babies to share our lives, is heaven's making. God love them all and God bless them all for happy lives.
And this goes out to you Murmur too. In joy you are a Grandmother and I and a ???
O Boy !!! what am I called A grandaunt????

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

She's darling. All pink and pretty. Congratulations again. Lots of reason for celebration this summer.

I'm a grandaunt 6 times over now (eeek!!). Don't have kids of my own, so I love having those babies to dote on.

Kathy

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

This one makes 6 now, and one is a step-nephew. I have one son and 4 grand kids and like goodness no great grand kids yet.

Tilly, she's wonderful!!!!!!!! Just beautiful - and there's just nothing like a new baby in the family.

I have five grandchildren (one is a 'step' grandchild) and my first great grandchild is due around Halloween. I'll let you know how that feels!!!

Burwash Weald, United Kingdom(Zone 9b)

My goodness - I look away for one weekend and you lot go and find wonderful things in the cabbage patch!! Congratulations on all those new blossoms. Nice things about babies - they always remind you that there is a new generation and that brings hope for a better world. Lets hope they are tolerant, wise people who can sort out some of the existing mess. My apologies to them for leaving it to clean up, but my hopes are that they can do it.

And murmur - I don't know what workwork you do, but the fact that it takes away from your photo time is a crime. Gosh I hope you consider going into publishing your photos as cards - they are terrific. I honestly think you should try having a couple printed to accompany your plant sale next year and test the market. I bet you 'a dollar to a donut' there would be a scrum at the table to get their hands on them. I'll place my order.

All the best for the new babies.

Laurie, thank you so much for the comments on my photography - I just might do that next year!! And I agree with you on new babies giving hope for the world - what we need, of course, is for all religions (and maybe governments?) to just plain teach the Golden Rule. So simple.

My work-work involves "job coaching" developmentally disabled people at their work sites - I adore them, but am a bit burned out and am retiring at the end of the year. I'm about to turn 63 so I think I'm entitled!!! I only work part-time, but combine that with taking care of my parents a bit, and lately taking care of new mother and new baby (with a repeat of that in six or seven weeks), I'm beat . . . I have most of Friday and all day Saturday to myself as dh will be gone to a golf tournament . . . I am going to just sop up the peace and quiet and putter in my gardens as much as the weather will allow . . . the forecast is a bit iffy at the moment, but should involve enough dry time to get something done!)

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Hey Laurie. Sorry you took the weekend off, so much can happen in a short time, lots of new little things can happen. I have been very busy this last week, So much junk collected in 20 years of marriage has turn in to a free for all, and sad to say nothing is really getting done. I want to keep this or that and on and on. I found in one of the boxes some old Bulb and seed catalogs from 1991. I wounder if anyone would be interested in them, O my the things I have saved.

Hey Murmur : And I agree with Laurie you take awesome Pics, I try but you have the tecnik, And God Bless to Your new little one and your parents.

Oh almost forgot the last bloomer in my yard, the last weekend of summer, but it is something very special to me, I did not think it would make it, last year I had 2 stocks this year I have 7.

Thumbnail by tillysrat

Tilly, that's wonderful!

I'm enjoying my Fall garden, although I've tons of work to do. This little patch of blue is a favorite of mine - Black & Blue Salvia, Caryopteris First Choice, blue gazing ball (thought I'd clarify that for you - didn't want you trying to figure out what it was - lol!), Salvia Sedorca (with the last of its white blooms), and Chocolate Eupatorium.

Thumbnail by Murmur
Moscow, ID(Zone 5a)

M- have your salvia G's wintered over very well?
Last winter put mine in the grave, and I prefer to think of it as an anomaly. The others were in a funk until July.
Hoping this winter is kinder to my plants...

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Murmur that is very gorgeous. I love that theme, I have a blue gazing ball to, It's on a grave of a very special dog who was killed in a car accident with my DH who did survived. And I have made a shrine for him, But have not pick the right plants, It looked good when I first started, But now I don't like it. Going to change it this spring. I do not have a pic at the moment, I didn't have a digital camera then. I have to find the pic and scan it.
But how do you winter them, or do you replace them each year, arn't they a annual.
I know what my Buddy like and all is there, But the plants ?

The Black & Blue Salvia is a "tender perennial," but they survived our incredibly cold winter last year. The first year I had them, I mulched them really good with straw, but the two winters since I've just left them. And they spread a bit, too, which makes me really happy! My friend in Olympia has one that I gave her and it has survived as well (and they get lots more snow, etc., than we do).

The white Salvia I got at an NPA (Northwest Perennial Alliance) garden tour last year for $1.00. It too survived the winter so I'm guessing I'm okay with it as well. The Caryopteris is definitely a perennial - does really well. I got a new one this year that has a variegated leaf - I don't think I like it as well as the flower doesn't seem to be as stunning, but we'll see what happens with it as it matures.

The Chocolate Eupatorium (I think it's also known as White Snakeroot) is a survivor of abuse of all kinds.

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

I have to but off the new deck till next year, But I just love your theme. And I want to add it to my Buddy's spot just off the deck.
This is a poor pic of it but you can see what I mean.

Thumbnail by tillysrat

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.