Happy Flowers!

Whidbey Island, WA(Zone 7a)

Tilly & Rachierabbit - wonderful plants/flowers!!!

These are a closeup of one of my five containers of over planted lilies.

Thumbnail by Murmur

And this is Big Smile Daylily with Baby's Breath.

Thumbnail by Murmur

Artemesia with Lobelia. There is one of my little statues there, too, but she has about disappeared for now.

Thumbnail by Murmur

I got this one this year and I can't find the tag and can't remember the name. I bought it from Annie's Annuals in CA.

Thumbnail by Murmur

And this is the same flower, different variety (lighter color). They really are delightful - the images definitely don't do them justice.

Thumbnail by Murmur
Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

Hi Murmur,

I didn't know you could stuff a lily container like that! It's beautiful. Let us know when you find the tag for those blue flowers! They're cute!

Your statue looks like it's hiding...

Susy, I'm sure I'll have to divide the lilies soon - maybe even next year, but I've sure enjoyed them so far.

Burwash Weald, United Kingdom(Zone 9b)

Ohhhh Murmur - the flowers are lovely, but the photographs are breathtaking - my goodness they are exquisite!!! Just perfect - have you thought of adding some postcards or greeting cards to your plant sale table? These would go a treat - you could have a whole new career. Where is tillys, I want her to see these blues (I know happy trails is purple, but she will like these, alot)!

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

I'm looking and drooling

Laurie, you are too kind - but I thank you. Next to gardening, photography has become my favorite thing.

And, like all blues, these actually lean towards purple and would probably work in Happy Trails, Tilly.

BTW, I found my order from Annie's Annuals (and Perennials) - the plant is Trachelium caeruleum, or Throatwort. I think it is an annual, but reseeds itself readily (as I recall). And I have two different varieties - "Blue Throatwort" and "Hamer Pandora." I don't know which is which. I am so delighted by them that if they don't' reseed, I will probably order more. Annie's packs their plants better than any Internet company or catalog company I have ever ordered from.

I found the tag to the lighter colored Throatwort - and it says "Blue Lace." I like that name. And they are perennials after all, but do like sun so probably wouldn't work in Tilly's Happy Trails.

The plant file listing on them shows them as full sun to part shade - so would they not do well in the same conditions as the echinacea that Tilly is growing? 'Blue Lace' is nice - makes me tatting lace.

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

I LOVE IT I LOVE IT
Want MOreeee
I am making my list now
In fact I am going threw the hold thread and making my list, Such wonderful plants, just wait till next we will all have more.
And Happy Trails has some sunny spots, not many but I can squeeze some more in. In fact I found some neat little Blubs in my catloge that I think are to have, they are,
Indian Lillies
and
Checkered Lily
and also
I the name sounds sad ( been there done that)
Widows tears
I like getting those $20.00 gift coupons

Tillys - I think you just did one of those sidetrack Laurie dances - that was one very excited message! Go girl go! It is so wonderful to know that we are not alone in our plantmanias!

Last day of work - counting counting.

Laurie, you're probably right that Tilly could plant the Throatworts in her Happy Trails as long as there is some sun.

Tilly, you go girl!!! I don't know how these propagate - if I can find seeds I'll send you some.

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

I would love some
I am trying something I have not done before, I am trying to save some seeds from a Blue Iris I started 3 years ago from a store bought seed pkg. there where very hard to start took me 3 tries and findley they germinated. you had to chill them them nick them and hope for the best. I have a nylon sock over them and letting them dry on the stem. Then I don't what to do, but by then I hope I do.
then share them with all of you.

Thumbnail by tillysrat

Tilly, your fluffy kitty looks a bit like mine . . . this is Margie (excuse me . . . this is QUEEN Margie!). Of course, I'm not seeing the front of your beauty.

Thumbnail by Murmur
Olympia, WA(Zone 7b)

Queen Margie on her Throne! Where is her crown Murmur? Are you scampering off to go and find it for her? Cats and flowers what a wonderful combination!

And, corgi and cat - Corgi thinking 'is it worth it, shall I bark?' -

Mur - do you ever get a turn in the seats?

Laurie, I rarely sit in those seat (that's why I put goofy things in them) . . . I found that when I did sit there, I just started looking at all the messes around - and there are a lot of them in that general area (blackberry vines as shown in the photo). I do, however, occasionally sit in my lawn swing - of course, from there I see things that need to be done as well, but once in awhile can make myself just sit there for a bit . . . once I even took a short nap!

Margie refuses to wear her crown - says the world knows she is a queen without one!

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

No shes not wearing her crown because murmur said she puts goofy things in the chairs
Pretty liffle queen that she is

and this is Miss Sassy (true to her name) watching over the garden

And yes bark bark gets in trouble when getting in garden and always in kitty pics.

This message was edited Aug 10, 2007 5:54 PM

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Marysville, WA(Zone 7a)

Clematis henryii is in flower for the first time.

Thumbnail by balvenie

Tilly, Miss Sassy is divine!!!

And, Balvenie, that Clematis henryii is breathtaking!

So. Puget Sound, WA(Zone 8b)

balvenie, it looks like C. henryii is in shade? True?

Marysville, WA(Zone 7a)

It is growing in a Wisteria. Part of it is in sun and this part is under the arbor in the shade.

Buckeye, AZ(Zone 9a)

Balvenie,
What an interesting concept, I would have never thought to grow two different climbers on my arbors...HMMMM good idea now to figure out what I would like ??? Thanks for sharing your ideas.
Happy Gardening,
Carla

PS...How does between 9:00 and 10:00 AM sound? I have to drop the Rott off for a washing....

Marysville, WA(Zone 7a)

Sounds OK , see you then.

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

The " Black Night " has bloomed

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

And this my "Potted Catnip" Oh sorry "CatNap"
The real Tilly.

This message was edited Aug 12, 2007 11:04 AM

Thumbnail by tillysrat

Both are lovely Tills

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

Wow, it's glowing blue! Pretty!

The real Tilly is lovely! I like her patterns.

Tilly, "Black Knight" is beautiful!!

And so is the real Tilly - in fact, she's downright gorgeous!

Moscow, ID(Zone 5a)

Lily 'Amaze'
This is sited on the west side of a variegated Pieris. Pleasantly fragrant, but lean on colour, due to location & lack of heat/sun.
I like it enough to acquire more, and involve myself in yet another science experiment...what a great excuse for lily purchases!

Thumbnail by Katye

Gorgeous, Katye - keep us informed on the experiment!

This Hollyhock is a really dark color - and not as tall as a lot of the others so it's easier to get a decent picture.

Thumbnail by Murmur
Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

Oh, I like lilies! "Science" forward!! ;)

Also love that dark hollyhock, but is it a different variety? The leaves on mine are much larger and very different. These almost look like oak leaves?

Susy, I don't know the name of these, but they are definitely different - and I like them better as they also don't seem to be as prone to rust. In 2004 I ordered from Spring Hill some Hollyhocks called "Country Mix" and some from Direct Gardening called Double Mixed Colors. I've no idea which these are or if they are even from either of these orders.

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

I think like them better, too-and rust resistant! Nice! I'll have to keep my eyes open for that kind. The leaves don't seem quite so dominant. My mom says that hollyhocks get taller here than she remembers growing up in Minnesota.

My tall ones are at least 10 feet tall - and, of course, losing lower leaves so they look just plain skinny. I still love 'em, though.

This photo is a couple weeks old so there aren't as many blossoms on the plants now, but this one has been beautiful. It's in a narrow garden alongside the garage, bordered on the other side by the cement walkway. It had started up under the eaves and I had to gently pry it out and send it up above which made it look rather interesting.

Thumbnail by Murmur
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

This might be a really dumb Q
And I don't know if its my computer or DG has changed. I have been real busy and have not have had time to look at my computer for the last 2 days, And my whole Home page has changed. Now I am lost
Help

So. Puget Sound, WA(Zone 8b)

tillysrat, Go to the Dave's Garden Forum for more explanation than you would probably ever want. Yes, there have been changes. Just play around with the new configuration and you'll figure it out.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.