The FLOWERPOT Cafe'

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

Good afternoon, ladies. Glad to see you make a quick visit Terri. I would be out of my mind if I couldn't use the computer. Thank goodness DH has a backup. I can't even imagine having to use dial up after having DSL. However, I have to use mine for work everyday and I have so much, dial up would be the end of me.

I have a couple of bloomers and I am going to try to do something with them this weekend. All are yellow, so I guess it will be monocromatic. I love that any way and have the blue vases. Let's see what I can bring to the cafe.

Karma, that sounds like something I would do with the vellum. I am short termed memory at best. I have 1500 things going on in my head and usually for get 1 or 2 important things. Thanks for the refreshing water. My car accidently turned into a farmers market in SC and I must take care of the plants that jumped into my car. I can't wait for spring as I have started preparations for cut garden and have ordered so many bulbs of different flowers, I will need a backhoe to dig up the area where they are going. I think I am around 100 now. I really need a restraining jacket.

See you gals later,
Traci

New Orleans, LA(Zone 8b)

Terri, thanks for the update. I will be waiting here patiently for the florals when you come in with them.

Traci, I thought it was my imagination when the plants jumped into MY car. I'm glad I'm not the only one then. I can't wait to see pictures of your cut garden next spring. I see the bulbs are out at the garden centers now. I've been avoiding direct eye contact so far in that area and it's helped, but sooner or later.....

Okay, so here's the lantern. Not much of a surprise, but I still have another chance when the real festival comes around next week.

Thumbnail by karmaplace
Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

Karma,
STAY AWAY FROM CO-OPS. It has been my downfall. It starts at one price, but as more and more join, the prices drop. Then you justify buying the bulbs because they are sooo cheap. It is like eating a piece of cake and drinking a diet coke, justified because they cancel each other out.

It is a strange occurance when you hear the back door of your car opening and turn around with your pepper spray, only to find a lovely plant in the backseat. I was hijacked by several lantanas, a butterfly bush, some type of red monkey grass, pansies, an angel trumpet and petunias. Scary but beautiful.

Very cute lamp. Do they put candles in them? If so, how do you keep it from going up in flames? You must have a lot of fun down there, as something festive is always going on.

Thanks for the hot chocolate. Off to bed.

Dreaming of Arrangements,
Traci

New Orleans, LA(Zone 8b)

Traci, you told me to stay away from co-ops....and I immediately CHECKED OUT CO-OPS. It looked confusing so I gave up and came back here. I'll just get a few from HD or Lowes. Your hijackers sound beautiful, especially the red monkey grass. I would welcome them in my backseat any day.

The lamp was just for fun at my son's daycare...but if I wanted it to glow, I would put a glow stick or something like that in there. Besides the holidays that everyone else celebrates, we also get Mardi Gras, the Chinese New Year, and the Moon Festival. Yep, there's a whole lot of fun down here.

Traci I checked out your thread on the coleus forum. LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL. What a creative spin on a gardening diary! You need to write a book...."The Plant Doctor" or something. Too funny. Loved it! Have to go back and read it in its entirety.

Forgot to bring in my new planter with grass and kale. Terri, would you like it outside by the front entrance?

Thumbnail by karmaplace
Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

Wow, this cafe is empty this late at night. I guess I'll just go over to one of the computer terminals and surf for a while. I brought in some table arrangements to liven things up a bit. Of course, please give me any imput on other ideas for these arrangements. Everything came from the yard except for the lilies.

See ya'll soon!

Thumbnail by pupilpropogtr
New Orleans, LA(Zone 8b)

Hi Traci!

Those are so adorable. I must say you're a natural! The yellow rose is gorgeous and I like the placement of the small impatiens(?) The flowers in your larger bottle are very complimentary in color. I would have liked the blanket (?) flower at the base rather than at the top....but please, that's just mo! Love the ivy backdrop too. Wow, Traci, you sure learn fast...but it also takes natural talent. Great job!

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

I don't know why my post didn't come up. Thanks Karma. After you suggested that, I went and moved it. Definitely looked better that way. It is amazing how placement of one flower can change to look. They are now sitting on the TV table because Teensy loves to look at flowers. I couldn't ask for a better admirer of my arrangement. Mommy, those are bewteful.

New Orleans, LA(Zone 8b)

Traci, I wanna a look too! Purty purty please!

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

The blanket had to be replaced because it was dead and the lilies are falling apart, but here ya go. I especially like the brownish color of the lilies. My camera died before I could try to make it look better.

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

Look what I found growing in my back yard today. Yipee!

New Orleans, LA(Zone 8b)

I like the new position of your blanket flower. I hope you truly liked the difference and not just being polite.

Wow, cool...is that a spider lily)? You have some nice treasures in your back yard! Is the branch with the heart shaped leaves coming from a tree? Looks like leaves from a redbud. If it is....it will be gorgeous once winter is over. The flowering branches will especially look lovely in a tall vase of water.

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

Hey girl,
No, I really like it much better there. My mother, who is an interior decorator with tremendous natural talent, had taught me about balance and focal points. I guess that is one reason I don't like the truly traditional arrangements as they are so symmetrical. You can have balance by being off balance and focal points aren't always the obvious, which is what I went for. It looks much better this way. I have to tell you I am a nice person, but I am also opinionated. If I see something different, I would say so. I would respect yours but still have mine. My best friend and I have different opinions on politics and we agree to disagree. I like being up front.

It is, it is a spider lily and correct on the rose bud. Our back yard has at least 20 of them. Several are about to be chopped. they have taken over the area. I am going to wait until spring is over to see what does well in our back yard and then thin out. There is also a willow and mimosa tree stuck in there. Natural ferns of many different kinds everywhere. It is a surprise a day.

Gotta run and give Teensy a bath. Will check by tomorrow.

Have a great Thursday!!
Traci

london England, United Kingdom

Hi Karma and Traci, so nice to see you are both keeping the flowerpot cafe alive,and bringing in colourful arrangements, thankyou both so much.
I agree with all that Traci. I much prefer the organised chaios look, to the perfect placement style of arrangement. I must agree with Karma you really are learning fast, it is amaising what you can do with a few bits of plant material and some lovely containers.
Lovely lantern Karma, did your son like it? Thanks for bringing stuff in , I like the planter it looks great by the door, very welcoming!
We have space for more planters and window boxes if anyone has the time to bring some in.
Karma, if YARDQUEEN,ever comes in don't forget she has a free drink!
miss you all, Terri

New Orleans, LA(Zone 8b)

Terri, my son won 3rd place for his lantern. The moon festival was last night...he had a blast. He loved the dragon dance and it didn't even scare him....started crying when he thought it was over (the dragon laid down for a moment). I'm posting some pics from the event. Enjoy...Peyton sure did.

Thumbnail by karmaplace
New Orleans, LA(Zone 8b)

Other lanterns

Thumbnail by karmaplace
New Orleans, LA(Zone 8b)

group of friends lighting their lanterns

Thumbnail by karmaplace
New Orleans, LA(Zone 8b)

the dragon dance

Thumbnail by karmaplace
New Orleans, LA(Zone 8b)

fashion show...little girls in traditional clothing.."ao dai"

Thumbnail by karmaplace
New Orleans, LA(Zone 8b)

More lanterns

Thumbnail by karmaplace
New Orleans, LA(Zone 8b)

Another

Thumbnail by karmaplace
New Orleans, LA(Zone 8b)

Last one

Thumbnail by karmaplace

Hey Karma, that looks like a fabulous night, so much fun and colour,well done to you for all your hard work,and thanks
for sharing it with us in the cafe'. I'm keeping the lantern photo's for the flowerpot gallery.
I'm bringing in vases of flower's and arrangements for anyone who comes in the cafe'.

Thumbnail by terriculture

red roses in water with foliage

carnations and grass

gladioli and delphinium

New Orleans, LA(Zone 8b)

So glad you're back Terri, love all the new arrangements, but my fave is the chartreuse one. I absolutely love that grass. Thanks for brightening up the cafe. . .the lanterns only do so much. Welcome Back!

Thanks Karma, just bringing this one in for you!

New Orleans, LA(Zone 8b)

More parallels. Thanks so much. Will have to do something for you to welcome you back!

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

Well, when you come back, you do so with a vengence. I can't decide between the carnations and grass or the delphinium and glads. But I love the roses too, especiall the top one. I guess that says I love them all. They really did brighten up the place and when did you put up the wonderful rock wall? It is fabulous!

Thankyou for welcoming me back! Traci, you don't have to pick a fav! but I'm so glad that you enjoyed what I put
together. as you can see all of the above except the parallel line is just in water and easy to try when you don't have any foam.
just wanted to show you my new blue jug!

Here's a little gathering using my roses again!

glad you like the pebbled wall!

this one can come in here now.

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

I really just did my first gasp and said a little, "How precious". I love the four little roses in the tiny pots. Teensy would die. She has started bringing me flower arrangements. Usually some grass and DH will pick a wildflower. She will spend thirty minutes trying to get it perfect. And it is. I have alway wondered why those pots were made and that is one good use. I have been trying to find a reason to buy some for her, but couldn't think of anything. Now everything can just about work. Thanks. She has aready picked out some of her flowers for her garden. It is darling.

I looked and looked at the first one, thinking maybe jug is something different in England. Then I saw the handle. Made sense then.

Thank goodness I don't have to pic fav as I have looked at them about 10 times and love all. The carnation reminds me of an arrangement I sent to mother for her 3 year breast cancer all clear. It was a small vase of the same style, pink, with pink tulips. I love that look.

I think you should bring your trophy into the cafe and set it on the counter for all to see when they come in. Maybe embellish it a little so it stands out.

Gotta run. Going to eat some sushi!!

New Orleans, LA(Zone 8b)

Traci, SNAP! That's exactly what I said! That is the most ADORABLE set up ever! Teensy would be sooooooooo cute having her little tea party there.

I have dibs on the carnations arrangement, Traci, but you can still admire it if you want.

Terri, that is a very nice jug. It looks so mod. I would die (and be in heaven) if you put green viburnum and hydrangeas in there.

Hi girlfriends!, Gosh, you don't want much do you, haha!
A trophy with Embellishments no less!
Green VIBURNUM and Hydrangeas! only the most expensive flower's around!! I hope you find them in heaven Karma!
I will keep it in mind if I see any .

I have added some vegetarian sushi that you like with the cucumber and cream cheese to the menu, enjoy ladies!
Here's some flowers for you to play with.

and some more for you!

Hope you can do something with some of these flower's I got from our cyber flower market next door to our flowerpot cafe'

these look like fun, blue roses!

and I couldn't resist these yellow roses, hope you can make something with any of these.

New Orleans, LA(Zone 8b)

I don't know about heaven, but Lowe's garden center sold me a viburnum bush for $15, and I don't think they're the ones the florist sells. The flowers are not snowballish like you would expect. More like a lacecap hydrangea. I'm keeping it anyway. . .can't be too bad if it looks like a hydrangea. Your cafe is full of color now that you're back. Here's my yellow rose, Gold Glow.

Thumbnail by karmaplace

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.