July Daily Weather #2 What's Happening in your neighborhood?

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

What kind of bad rep can a daylily have?

My flower is a cactus but I don't know what kind.

(Zone 5a)

Good morning!

We got back from our trip to Denmark late Tuesday night. We had a great time :-) The last 4 days were really "hot" - high 70's and sunny ....... we were sweating like crazy and feeling pretty miserable ........ it's so good to be home :-) lol

It finally started raining here after a 6 week dry spell - it's the longest I can remember. It hasn't rained much but at least it's something. I'm hoping it'll be enough to soak in a bit - the grass here has turned brown in areas that aren't watered - I can't remember seeing that before.

This morning it's 63°F, there was a light drizzle of rain earlier but now the sun's out. It's mostly cloudy so we probably won't be seeing much of it today.

The plants are growing like I've never seen before - it was sunny and warm the entire time we were away and I couldn't believe my eyes when I got back. Got some serious mowing to do - which is turning out to be quite a task since all I got is a manual mower ...... it doesn't really work on high grass ..... I think it'll take me a week to get the grass properly mowed (and now it's all wet so it's pretty impossible to do anything until it dries up ;-))

I haven't been able to load all the photos from my trip to my computer - I'm running out of space on my hard drive - here's one of the few I managed to get from the camera. One of the places we visited was a rainforest zoo - this cute guy was one of the inhabitants of the South America dome. It's some kind of Tamarin.

Hope you all have a wonderful day !
rannveig

Thumbnail by rannveig
Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Ooooh Kelli – what’s that’s?
Deb – nice garden!
E_B – That’s just about the biggest hosta I’ve ever seen – very pretty!
Joey – I can’t believe anything that pretty and ruffly would have a bad rep! My mom used to grow them.
Rann- Welcome back! I haven’t used a manual mower in … well it’s been a looong time! I don’t envy you the process. I have a hard time when our grass gets high and it’s thick. The mower just shuts down. Seems like the grass grows a foot a day now. We can’t keep up with it. Looking forward to seeing more pictures! He’s a cutie!

74.3 °F / 23.5 °C
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 68%
Dew Point: 63 °F / 17 °C
Wind: Calm
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph / 0.0 km/h
Pressure: 29.97 in / 1014.8 hPa (Steady)
Heat Index: 76 °F / 25 °C
Visibility: 10.0 miles / 16.1 kilometers
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds: Few 6000 ft / 1828 m
Mostly Cloudy 14000 ft / 4267 m
Mostly Cloudy 25000 ft / 7620 m

Today
Partly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of showers and afternoon thunderstorms. Some thunderstorms may be strong. Highs in the lower 90s. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph becoming northeast in the afternoon.

Someone help me!! Do canna’s seed? I can’t figure out where the seeds are! As close to the sunrise I could get this morning! Just couldn't get my rear in gear to head to the ocean.

Thumbnail by MySharona
(Zone 5a)

Thanks Sharon - nice photo :-) What time is sunrise?

One big adjustments on our trip was the dark nights - it got dark around 11 pm - dyson dark - it's been awhile since we saw that! lol Didn't like it at all ...... the first night was a bit rough for the girls but then they did get used to it - fortunately!

Here's a photo from the "old town museum" in Aarhus - it was closed when we got there so I could just snap a photo through the gate. We got that a lot on this trip - Denmark is 2 hours ahead of us so we were a bit behind the whole trip ........

Thumbnail by rannveig
Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Good Morning! It's 58* outside & just a little warmer in the house. :D

Rannveig, Glad to have you back! I hope you can download the rest of your pix, because I want to see them! That little fella is a real cutie & quite the poser, too. :D Don't ya hate having to work at home after going on vacation? It happens to me every time. :D
Sharon, I haven't got a clue about Canna's, hope you can get an answer! Great Clouds :D
Kelli, I agree! But E_B said..... And what ever kind that your flowering cactus is definitely a gorgeous bloom!

Todays trivia is....
What type of data does a Pluviograph plot?
a) Rainfall
b) Wind Velocity
c) Barometric Pressure
d) Lightning

Hav a Great Day All!
Joey
(hope this isn't a repeat)

Thumbnail by music2keep
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Cuckoo, I hope you get your much needed rain.

Sharon, that is one low cloud. Makes a neat picture!

Early, you have our weather. It's going to be a perfect week. We are overrun with mosquitos tho. The price you pay for rain and a small town that doesn't spray :(( Gorgeous hosta!

Kelly, that is so cool! The stamens are giving the OK sign :)) What is it? Cactus, never mind :))

Deb, it's beautiful!

Joey, I'm with you. I think Kwanso is beautiful!! I have an old one with varigated folaige.

Rannveig, I'm giggling over your hot. That is perfect weather here in July in Iowa!! Sounds like you had a great time. It's neat that everything has grown for you! Love the Tamarin! (Set your mower blades high :))

Sharon, that's a lovely shot.

Rann, it's so nice to see buildings here that I'll never see otherwise!

Joey, that is such a neat contrast. I love the dainty fern! I've never seen half of those weather words you've been posting. Some ''weather girl'' I am :))

It was 58* and so peaceful at 5:30 am. The grass is as full of dew as it can get. I snapped this picture of the backlit asparagus fronds a little bit ago. Another gorgeous day for us.

Thumbnail by billyporter

The trivia answer has got to be A, since anything pluv- has do do with rain.

Sharon, cannas set seed but not all kind do. If they are going to set seed, the pod will get a little bigger than an almond but not quite as big as a pecan (with the shell on) and when it dries, it splits open and you can take the seeds out. The seeds are about 1/5 of an inch in diameter and are round and very dark brown. You can't miss them. At my house, Technicolor and Intrigue set seeds and Florence Vaughn and Black Knight (?) do not.

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Joey: My trivia answer is "A" for the same reason Kelli gave. (Finally, one I'm pretty sure I know!)
Rann: I'm with BP. Upper 70s would feel cool and glorious to me! LOL! Cute little critter. Looking forward to seeing Denmark.
Sharon: My canna "Striped Beauty" also sets seeds. There was a thread on the canna forum about how to get them to germinate - did a quick search but didn't see it.

Started off nice this morning in the mid 70s with a breeze. That didn't last but it's not too bad. Mid 80s and relatively low humidity (60%). Just need a little rain. :)

Here's a nosy anole from last evening.
Deb

Thumbnail by DebinSC
Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

Kwanso link: http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/527829/

OK.......
They aren't actually evil. Given the right conditions they will spread rampantly, kind of like ditch-lilys and take over an area.

early_bloomer

Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer
KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Nice and cool this morning with a cool breeze. Warmed up this afternoon but there still was a breeze. Have no idea of temps and couldn't even eyeball it. I was in and out today because I worked all day. Been up since 5 am. Normally my day off. lol.

Joey, I also have that lily. That's the best growing plant we have besides coneflowers. And we have ditch, gravel road, and cornfield dirt with lots of trees. lol

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Hi! It's been a great day for a family reunion! :D Warm with a nice breeze. And now it's Dyson Dark!

Well, E_B I see what you mean! Thanx for the link. Now all I have to do is move everything Around it! It's actually too close to my "Edna Spalding" lily and that's the only thing I would have to move. I reacon my trumpet vine would be OK. Wonder how 2 invasives go together?

Deb, what a pretty Clematis! Maybe the Anole just wants in the pic! :D

Sally, !LOL! I"m trying to get you to be a weather girl by letting you know what the "weather words" are! :D

The answer to the trivia is....A! :D You all are getting really Good!
The average size of a raindrop is between 0.1 and 5 millimeters.

Have a good nite All! :D
Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep
Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Good morning!
Up since 5am for some crazy reason. It's been beautiful. Only got up to 70 a few minutes ago, which is luxury for July!
Sunny and low humidity! Wow.
Deb

Thumbnail by DebinSC
Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Good Morning! The temp was 55* this morning! But at the moment the sun is out & so Bright! :D I see Heat in the near future, because this cooler weather is rather unnatural for this time of year!

Deb, What a Beautiful red! :D

Today's trivia is....
On September 13, 1922, Al Aziziyah, Libya cooked under the blistering sun producing a current world record for the highest temperature. How hot did it get that day?
a) 134 degrees
b) 129 degrees
c) 141 degrees
d) 136 degrees

Have a Great Day! :D
Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep
Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Well, that's a happy little Hosta. :)

For the trivia answer, I have no idea, but I'm glad I wasn't there!! LOL! I'll guess "D".
Deb

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Deb, I think it would freak me out to see a lizard pop up :)) I love the colors of the flowers and fence. What is the pink Calla type flower?

Early, I think that is the neatest fountain I have ever seen.

Joey, I only have so much room in my head for facts :)) That is so pretty!!!!

Pepper, Deb, getting up early gives you more day! Deb, beautiful zinnia!

Joey, I'm guessing D also! Your Hosta looks so smooth.

It's certainly been a cool July, but we've also had our share of rain. It's 74* and clouds up occasionally.

A couple of us already know what this is :))

Thumbnail by billyporter

Rann- Sunrise is around 6:30am. Can't wait to see the rest of your pictures!
BP – The clouds have been really low the last couple of days. We haven’t had much rain, but lots of thunder and lightening. Had to shut down early yesterday and just got on-line about 30 minutes ago. Weird weather. We are also overrun with mosquitos. Great picture! Love the water pump and fountain.
Deb – Pretty vibrant red!
Joey – The answer is D.
Kelli and Deb – Thanks for the canna info.

87.1 °F / 30.6 °C
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 36%
Dew Point: 57 °F / 14 °C
Wind Gust: 3.1 mph / 5.0 km/h / 8.7 m/s
Pressure: 30.03 in / 1016.8 hPa (Rising)
Heat Index: 86 °F / 30 °C
UV: 6 out of 16
Clouds: Scattered Clouds 3500 ft / 1066 m
Mostly Cloudy 13000 ft / 3962 m

Tonight
Partly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the upper 60s. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph.

...Flood watch remains in effect through this evening due to
Heavy coastal rainfall...
The flood watch continues for
* a portion of northeast florida...including the following
Areas...clay...duval...flagler...nassau...putnam and st johns.
* through this evening
* a broad cold front is draped across the area with a moderate
Low level northeasterly flow coming in off the ocean to the
North of the front. This low level flow is bringing in warm
And moist atlantic air in the lower levels of the atmosphere
With unseasonably cold air and a southwest flow aloft. When
This situation sets up there is a significant chance of storms
In the coastal counties as well as in portions of clay and
Putnam counties stalling over an area and dropping large
Amounts of rainfall. While not all areas in the flood watch
Will see excessive rainfall today it is possible that some
Isolated areas may see rainfall in excess of five inches.

Thumbnail by MySharona

I'll say the trivia answer is D, but I'm not sure. It might be A.

I hate to bore you, but pretty much the same weather as it has been all week.
Updated: 2:51 PM PDT on July 22, 2007
Observed at: Van Nuys, California
Elevation: 797 ft / 243 m
88 °F / 31 °C
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 35%
Dew Point: 57 °F / 14 °C
Wind: 10 mph / 17 km/h / 4.6 m/s from the SE

If I gave my pictures names, I call this one "Ouch". (Picture was taken back in March.)

Thumbnail by Kelli
Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

BP: the pink flower is an anthurium. Now, about your pic. Looks like earth from space at first, but it's...something...else. I give. What is it??
Kelli: "Ouch" seems appropriate.
Sharon: Flood watch? Hard to imagine. Wish we could distribute the rain across the country. :) Keep your galoshes handy.
Deb

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Sharon, your clouds look like a mackeral sky thickening up. Could be rain coming.

Kelli, love ''Ouch!'' It's nice to see a cactus like that. They sure don't grow around here.

Deb, I never would have guessed the name. It almost looks like a water plant. I sure like the color. (Sshhh, it's the top of a gazing ball.)

It's 77*, mosquitoey and a beautiful breeze. Tomorrow we babysit, Tuesday the dentist. My week is filling up again :))

Oriental lily, Lovely Girl.

Thumbnail by billyporter
Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

We have had over a week of sunshine, daytime temps in the 80 and 90's and a breeze. No rain and that breeze dried up several hanging baskets. I can make new ones.

I am using a 50 ft. soaker hose around the tomato plants to keep the fruit from dropping off. The daylilies are blooming like mad - don't know where they get the moisture to form their blooms. I dug a three year old clump last week and I swear the roots went down 18-14 inches. And yes the soil was moist 5 inches from the top.

I see Texas is still getting flooding. Sounds like Fla will get rain also. We do not have any in sight for the first half of the upcoming week in my area. We willprobably get it after the flowers are done blooming. LOL

Currently 76 deg. - gonna be a good sleeping night.

Kelli - Ouch is right!!
No rain in the area...flood watch - can't figure it out.

78.1 °F / 25.6 °C
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 33%
Dew Point: 47 °F / 8 °C
Pressure: 30.06 in / 1017.8 hPa (Rising)
Heat Index: 78 °F / 26 °C
Clouds: Few 3700 ft / 1127 m
Scattered Clouds 13000 ft / 3962 m
Mostly Cloudy 25000 ft / 7620 m

Rest of Tonight
Partly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the upper 60s inland...in the lower 70s coast. East winds 10 to 15 mph becoming northeast 5 mph after midnight.

Does anyone know where this cool front came from in the middle of July? "Lows in the upper 60's inland"???

Just returned from the beach to watch the sunset.

Thumbnail by MySharona

Okay I've tried to post this picture 2 times, hopefully it waon't show up 3 times!

Thumbnail by MySharona
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Those are beautiful!!

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Good Evening! It's been a really nice day here w/a high of 80* & lots of sunshine. At the moment it's cooled down to 65*. Gonna be in the 50's again! :D Where's Dyson with the Dark?

Sharon, What great pix! Wow!
Se_eds, I'm glad that your flowers are doin' OK, but I know that 'maters' need the water so they will be good & juicey! :D
Sally, Your Oriental Lily is SOooo Pretty! :-O And your pic has a nice combo of colors! :D And I really do like the pic your DH took of the gazing ball. Very Unique! Actually, I think it's photo contest material! :D
Kelli, those Prickly Pear (?) cactus sure are plentiful! And "Ouch" is a very good description. Just imagine falling in those! :-O
Deb, Thanx. My Hosta's have lots o' shade. :D

Well...the answer to the trivia is!....D! :D
136 degrees! Also, the highest temperature ever recorded in the USA was 134 degrees in Death Valley, California on July 10, 1913.

Good Nite All!
Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Thanks Joey! She is a pretty one. I'll tell DH his photo qualifies :)) Love the texture of your Hosta.

Sleep tight!

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Pretty nice out today. Maybe low to mid 80s. Wasn't out in it much though. Long enough to start a making a new bed for irises. Dug enough to plant 8 irises then I was tired so went inside. Worked almost 12 hours yesterday because my coworker has a 10Ib limit due to a wreck last Sun. She is ok just on pain meds for her back. Will be back to normal if she follows docs orders.

Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

I'm so invious on your temps !Ours are over 107and going up! I suspect they don't tell the right temperature because they should take special measures if it would reveal the real temp ! They're saying in Bucharest is only 104...since last week...sheesh ! We're melting here ! Arround us,in Bulgaria,Turkey,Italy and Greece,over 110!!!! Send some clouds,please !
This heat is killing me ! I feel so bad when I thing we had an A/C and now we don't ! Most of all it makes me feel bad because of my palpatations and dizziness.I take my pills everyday and still feel dizzy sometimes,when I go out during the day.Lucky I don't have to stay out for long,because I have the car and the A/C in it!

Saturday I took mom to the hospital ,for a check-up and the doctor found her very well ! She said mom should move and walk, that is the only thing she should do,besides taking her pills. She also has to stay inside during the day,with all this heat. On our way back home,mom wanted to stop to the market and buy some groceries : sweet fat cheese (we call it "urda"),eggs and sour cherries. This was her first going out since she came back from the hospital and she felt a little tired,but she was walking pretty good. She also did a little laundry yesterday and cooked ! She told me she doesn't need me to cook anymore for her,mostly because of this heat and she'll eat cheese, tomatos, fruits and eggs. Still,she wants me to organize her pills !

Sharon,your pics are gorgeous !Thanks for your prayers for mom !

Sally, I'm with Joey ! DH's picture qualifies!

E_B,love the fountain and the flowers arround it!So beautiful ! Thanks for your good words !

Joey,love your hosta! Ours hasn't bloomed yet!Thanks for the good words !

Rann, love the pics from your trip ! More please !
I could only take pictures of the moon !
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Thanks Sally & Joey! We really enjoy watching the sunsets and sunrises (if we can get up and out in time)!
Sally - your lily is gorgeous! I also agree with Joey – the picture qualifies!
Pepper – Don’t feel bad. We had unexpected company come in on Saturday which took me out of the lawn/garden for the day. I was really bummed.
Adina – I can’t believe it is so hot in your area. That’s just awful. I’ve got my fan aimed in your direction – hope you get some much needed rain. “They” are always 3-5 degrees shy of the real temp here in the summer. If WX say 92 –it will be 97. That’s why they get so vague about actual numbers (mid to upper 90’s). You don’t have an a/c?! Run a tub of cool water and sit in it. You could have a heat stroke. I’m so glad your mom is doing so well! It’s a blessing indeed!

76.1 °F / 24.5 °C
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 37%
Dew Point: 48 °F / 9 °C
Pressure: 30.06 in / 1017.8 hPa (Rising)
Heat Index: 78 °F / 25 °C
Clouds: Mostly Cloudy 25000 ft / 7620 m

Today
Partly cloudy. A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 80s. East winds 10 to 15 mph.

The lawn is being watered as I type. More pics from last night.

Thumbnail by MySharona

Sea Oats for Joey

Thumbnail by MySharona
Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Good Morning! It's an over cast morn so far w/a temp of 57*. Nice! :D

Thanx Sharon! You know I love the looks of them! :D Gee!
Thanx Adina, I cannot imagine Not having AC! :-O That's desert type heat! I'll need to do some heavy Rain dancin'! for you. I'm so happy that your mom is improving so well and that she got a good report from the doc. With her walking around (getting exercise) she will really be back to normal shortly! :D Not needing you to sort her meds... :-)
Pepper, sorry about the girl at work. Will you have to work your day off until she recovers? I hope that there is someone else to help take up the slack.
Rann, Where are some more of those Great Denmark pix? I agree with Adina ~ More Please! :D I love the street at the "old town museum" in Aarhus! It's like an NG pic!

The trivia for the day is...(at the other end of the weather spectrum)
On January 23, 1971 Prospect Creek, Alaska got a little cold, to say the least. This is currently considered to be the lowest temperature ever recorded in the USA. How cold did it get that day?
a) -79.8 degrees
b) -90.4 degrees
c) -128.6 degrees
d) -85.1 degrees

Have a Great Day! All!
Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep
(Zone 5a)

Good morning!

Wonderful photos everyone! I still haven't gotten the chance to upload my photos to the computer - I've been busy mowing! Almost done finally and it's time to mowe again!

Adina - wow - Sorry to hear about the heat. So glad to hear your mother is doing so well though. Be careful and try to stay cool! I couldn't live without an AC in 107°F .......... Sharon's advise sounds like a good plan ;-)

Sally - thanks for the tip - I don't know why I didn't think of that ;-) lol

Yesterday it got up to 69°F which is about as "hot" as it gets here ...... it was really nice. Now it's partly cloudy and 64°F - another nice and warm day here :-)

I know you guys with real summer heat think 70's are cool temps .......... I'm sure they are compared to 90's and upwards ....... 63°F did feel a bit cool the first day we got back after those scorching 70's - but now it feels nice and warm :-) It's all relative. Still I lived in Florida for 6 years and I never got used those hot temps .........

Here you go Joey - Another poser from the rainforest zoo (I've only managed to upload part of one day so far ;-))

Hope you all have a nice day.

rannveig

This message was edited Jul 23, 2007 1:48 PM

Thumbnail by rannveig

Adina, that must be very tough for you, worrying about and taking care of your mom, building a new house, and all that heat. No wonder you are having palpatations and dizzyness. Try to take it easy.

I got up this morning and was in the bathroom and heard this plonk-plonk-plonk sound outside. At first I thought it was the roofers at a house on the next street, but then I realized that it was water dripping off the roof onto the greenhouse window downstairs. (We don't have gutters.) When we get heavy dew, it sometimes drips off the roof, but this sounded stronger than that. I opened the window and looked out (it's a frosted window and I can't see through it when it's closed) and saw that it had rained! It was only a microscopic trace of rain and didn't even completely wet the ground, but it was something from the sky. I figured it would pretty much be gone by the time I finished my morning toilette, so I went outside in my pajamas to take some pictures for you all. See my footprints in the picture? The air was very humid and had that earthy-spicy smell of dead and live leaves that we get with a light rain. It was a little treat for all the senses (except taste). I don't know where the rain came from. It was a complete surprise. (Even if it had been forecast, I would have just scoffed at it.)

This "rain" will do nothing for the moisture in the soil, but it is not without benefit. The humidity will make our Texas rangers burst into full bloom in a few days. In the wild, the humidity will decrease fire danger for a day or so. The cloud cover should keep the temperature down some. It's still cloudy at 9:20. In fact it's so dark, it's like winter and I made myself a pot of tea. I rarely make tea in the summer.

Hey Marylyn, the Dodgers are playing the Astros this week. Be afraid, be very afraid! No, wait, I'm the one who should be afraid. Dodger pitching had gotten very scary.

Gee, I'm uncharacteristically verbose this morning. ;-)

Thumbnail by Kelli
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

What a beautiful bird, Rannveig!! I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures, too.

Adina, you poor thing.. 107° is way too hot. I'm very glad you have A/C in your car at least. I sure hope the heat breaks soon there. Please be careful and drink lots of water. I'm very glad to hear that your mother is doing so much better. I'm sure she is very very happy to be able to do more things for herself.

Joey, every one of those choices is just plain too cold! I'm going to guess D, for no reason in particular.

Can you believe the weather forecast today doesn't have the word "rain" in it anywhere?? It's amazing.. I'm not sure how long it has been since there has been a day with no chance of rain. Despite that, I did manage to get a little sunburned this weekend. I went to a plant swap/nursery hop here in Houston and spent quite a bit of time outside, so my neck and face are quite pink. It was so cloudy I never even thought of sunscreen. Oops! It was fun, anyway. :-)

It's beautifully clear outside right now, with a slight breeze blowing. It is going to be in the mid 90s this afternoon.

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 10:53am CDT (35 min ago)
Temperature 85 °F 29 °C
Dew Point 66 °F 19 °C
Humidity 54%
Pressure 30.05 in 1017.7 mb
Wind Speed 3 MPH 3 kts
Wind Dir NE 40°
Ceiling Unlimited Unlimited
Visibility 10 mi 16.1 km
Heat Index 88 °F 31 °C
Current Conditions Clear
6 hour min temperature ending 6:53am CDT : 73.9°F / 23.3°C

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Kelli, I almost missed your post. LOL! The Astros are not having a good year - to put it mildly. We could use a good series! I'm hoping your bullpen does even worse than you fear. ;-)

Joey – I remember this – It’s –80 A
Rann- I’m born and raised in the South (except for a couple of years abroad) and I’m still not used to the heat and humidity. At least when I lived in the Middle East there wasn’t any humidity. I have definately learned (at least about the weather) that the temps are all relative. Cute bird!!
Kelli – Yay! You got some rain!! Great picture!

86.0 °F / 30 °C
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 32%
Dew Point: 53 °F / 12 °C
Wind: 0.0 mph / 0 km/h
Wind Gust: 4.9 mph / 7 km/h
Pressure: 30.12 in / 1019.9 hPa (Rising)
Heat Index: 83 °F / 28 °C
UV: 11 out of 16
Clouds: Few 4200 ft / 1280 m
Scattered Clouds 25000 ft / 7620 m

Joey - a close-up for you

This message was edited Jul 23, 2007 7:16 PM

Thumbnail by MySharona
(Zone 5a)

Kelli - I'm glad you've finally seen some rain - at least it was enough to wet the sidewalk!! :-)

Marylyn - Thanks :-) I'm glad to hear you've finally gotten a break from the rain!

Sharon - I don't envy you at all - the humidity makes the heat so much harder to bear!

It started raining here this afternoon and it's still raining. Should be enough to wet the soil a bit.

rannveig

Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

We have 71º under overcast skies with a chance of showers tonight and thunderstorms tomorrow and Wed. Strange weather pattern though. the big blob of rain on the weather map is heading west instead of east! The rain we had here last week really helped the flowers--they are looking nice and perky. It's hard to believe it's almost August. Autumn can't be far behind!

Billy.........That fountain in the photo is a 1/2 price K-mart special. It's really solid though. What is the wispy stuff growing in the background in your pump photo?

Kelli...........enough rain to make footprints! (I couldn't help but notice that one of your feet appears to be on backwards. If you ever want to talk about the "accident" we are all here for you:)

Marylyn..........try being a Pirate fan! :(

sharona........ Nice moody photos! I really need a beach vacation.

rannveig..........looking forward to the vacation photo tour.

Joey........I like that little fern peeking into the hostas.

My front border...........Russian Sage, Purple coneflowers and lots of daylilies.

early_bloomer

Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

One more of the border........

early_bloomer

E_B, my mom used to love baseball and was a big Pirate fan, but after about 12 losing seasons in a row, she has no interest anymore.

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

E_B: You're my role model. I love your garden!
Deb

Edited to say I forgot the weather! A gorgeous day we had today. Hi of 87, sunny, low humidity, light breeze. Ahhhh.
Sadly, the soil is my garden is as hard as concrete. Still need a little rain.

This message was edited Jul 23, 2007 8:29 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.