July Daily Weather #2 What's Happening in your neighborhood?

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Poor Fella, Dyson you must really be out of it. Have you had your sergery? I hope so, so you can get better!....

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

Dyson - how great to notice rain for the third time in 24 hours. Hope you are surviving your physical ailments until you can get something done It must be rough, spending summer in pain when everything is growing. Take care.
our

About 20 minutes ago it started to RAIN! temps were in the high 70's toady. Dry as a bone!

Rain lasted 12 minutes, but don't believe it registered on the rain gage. Rain is over, now.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I sure hope it cools off for both of you SOON, Pam and Adina!

Kelli, 3 cheers for Mark Hendrickson!!! LOL It was very nice of your guys to give ours a break tonight. ;-) After giving notice that he is going to retire at the end of the year, I'm sure that grand slam felt extra sweet to Craig Biggio.

Sidney, those flowers are just glorious. Did you have a good time in Ohio?

It was a beautiful day again here today. I wish it would stay this way for another week, but the rain is coming back tomorrow. Rats.

From the National Weather Service:

Quoting:
An upper level trough of low pressure will settle over Central and Northeast Texas. Deep tropical moisture associated with a wave near the Yucatan this afternoon will move into Southeast Texas early Thursday and should combine with daytime heating to produce widespread showers and thunderstorms. Storm motions will be slow and with the very moist atmosphere in place will be capable of very heavy downpours. This pattern will likely be in place Thursday through Sunday. Widespread rainfall of 1 to 2 inches will be commonplace with isolated totals of 4 to 6 inches or greater. Thought it hasn't rained much the last few days the ground remains nearly saturated. As this nears in time the forecast will be refined to more accurately portray the rainfall threat.

Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Pam – Way back then (in the ME) things weren’t the way they are now. I wouldn’t go again for anything in the world, but it was a great experience at the time. I ‘ve never seen that much hail at once. Pretty dog!
Pepper – LOL!!
Dyson- When is your surgery scheduled?
Se_eds – So glad you got some rain – at least a little!

72.3 °F / 22.4 °C
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 89%
Dew Point: 69 °F / 20 °C
Wind: Calm
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph / 0.0 km/h
Pressure: 30.06 in / 1017.8 hPa (Steady)
Visibility: 9.0 miles / 14.5 kilometers
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds: Scattered Clouds 13000 ft / 3962 m
Mostly Cloudy 20000 ft / 6096 m

Today
Partly cloudy. Slight chance of showers and thunderstorms early in the morning...then chance of showers and thunderstorms late in the morning. Showers and thunderstorms likely in the afternoon. Some thunderstorms may produce heavy rainfall in the afternoon. Highs around 90 inland...in the upper 80s coast. West winds 5 mph shifting to the southeast in the afternoon. Chance of rain 60 percent.

Apparently we had a waterspout just off the coast yesterday. I work where radio isn't allowed (barbaric in these times esp so close to the water) so no one knew about it until lunch. http://www.firstcoastnews.com/weather/news-article.aspx?storyid=87607
there is a video of it on the site.

Thumbnail by MySharona
(Zone 5a)

Good morning!

Pam - you sure are getting every extreme there is in the weather - from stifling heat , to hail and torrential rain ! Cute dog :-)

Adina - thanks - wow it's still getting hotter over there ....... it was on the news again last night about the no-working between 11:00 and 18:00. How does that work - do you go back to work at 6 pm? Hope you manage to stay cool somehow - icecream would sound good ...... ;-)

It's partly cloudy - the sun's out at the moment and it's 61°F - cooled down a bit.

You can't go to Denmark without visiting Legoland (well at least not if you have kids) ;-) They have miniture models of buildings from all over the world built with lego blocks - I love how they cut the plants to fit the size of the buildings ......... must be a lot of work maintaining it like that!

Hope you have a great day!

rannveig

This message was edited Jul 25, 2007 10:28 AM

Thumbnail by rannveig
Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Good morning! We've had another inch since last night. The heavy rain at 4:30 (ish) woke me up! (no lightening or thunder). It's 63* still & overcast with more rain expected.

Rann, that is quite neat! Gardens & all to go with the "lego houses"! And it looks as if it's quite the attraction! :D
Sharon! I'm sure you're quite thankful that it didn't come on land! It looked rather large! Ominous skies ~ indeed!
Se_eds, I'm still tryin' ~ doin' the dance! :-)
Marylyn, More rain? Send some up to Pam, Se_eds, & Adina! What are your temps?

Today's trivia....
On July 4, 1956 Unionville, Maryland got slammed with how much rainfall in a one-minute period?
a) .78 inches
b) 1.23 inches
c) .97 inches
d) .67 inches

Have a great day! All!
Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

It was in the mid-90s yesterday while the sun was shining. Very bearable - especially compared to Adina and Pam! Today it's going to be cloudy all day and will only be in the upper 80s.

I can't imagine any of those amounts in just one minute, but I'm going to guess A.

This message was edited Jul 25, 2007 7:54 AM

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

65°(F), still raining.

Have an appointment at UVA medical next Tue for another review?

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Well, good. UVA is a great place to go. I have much faith in them & hope they can take care of you pronto! By going there I'm "assuming" that you will need some major surgery, but they are really good, with a fast recovery rate.

Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Dyson, praying for a succesfull surgery and for you to get well . How are you ?At least the temps are lower which I hope makes you feel better.

Joey,waiting for your Rain Dance ,thanks! Beautiful petunia !

Sharon, I still can't see the rain you sent us !LOL Scary video !I hope you were inside!

Kelli,I'll eat lots of ice-cream too,but I can't so,only one or two a day !Also,we drink cold pepsi and water.

Rann,that picture is so cool !

Guys,still hot here today,but not a little bit lower...104 only !A little windy and 70 at night...uf,we can breath more ! Still,my daturas have bloomed so many this morning !

Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

We had a sudden t-storm blow through at mid-day. Only dropped about 1/10" of rain..just enough to make it feel really steamy afterward. :)

For the quiz, I guess B, just because it's the hightest amount.

Rann: I'd so love to see Legoland!

Deb

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

There is a Legoland in California but I have never been there. I think it is more of an amusement park than a garden. The one in Denmark looks like it would be more interesting for adults.

Marylyn, the Astros have another fighting chance tonight. Derek Lowe is pitching. He is unpredictable.

Sunny and hot again.
Updated: 1:51 PM PDT on July 25, 2007
Observed at: Van Nuys, California
Elevation: 797 ft / 243 m
93 °F / 34 °C
Partly Cloudy
Humidity: 30%
Dew Point: 57 °F / 14 °C
Wind: 12 mph / 18 km/h / 5.1 m/s from the SSE
Wind Gust: 17 mph / 28 km/h / 7.7 m/s

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Legoland is very high on my dh's list of places he wants to go to sometime. He likes amusement parks in general, and he LOVES Legos. :-)

I'm glad to hear that, Kelli! It's too bad this is the only series we have with the Dodgers this year... we could use the help! ;-)

Pop up thunderstorms are heading this way. The big rain won't be here until tomorrow, though.

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 3:53pm CDT (30 min ago)
Temperature 84 °F 29 °C
Dew Point 72 °F 22 °C
Humidity 67%
Pressure 29.99 in 1015.5 mb
Wind Speed 14 MPH
G 18 12 kts
G 16
Wind Dir SE 140°
Ceiling Unlimited Unlimited
Visibility 10 mi 16.1 km
Heat Index 90 °F 32 °C
Current Conditions Mostly Cloudy
6 hour min temperature ending 12:53pm CDT : 73.9°F / 23.3°C

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Stopped raining, skies still overcast but bright, 75°(F). Waiting for blu.

(Zone 3b)

2pm. sunny 67*F nice to be home.
And, welcome back, Rann..
Loved reading and catching up; will make this short though, and hope to keep up tomorrow.
Heading into the rain - our daughter ahead, with yellow kayaks on top.
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska
(Zone 3b)

Setting up at Fielding Lake.

Thumbnail by kiska
(Zone 3b)

Fishing at outlet of Fielding Lake.

Thumbnail by kiska
(Zone 3b)

2 of the three beavers busy at the lake's edge.

Thumbnail by kiska
(Zone 5a)

Kiska - nice to see you back :-) Great photos! Looks a bit like home ;-)

Legoland was pretty cool - but very, very tiring! My girls love legos and they thought the "mini-land" with all the models was really cool too :-)

Here's another photo - this is a replica of Copenhagens Nyhavn ( I posted a photo of the real one from our Copenhagen trip last September if anyone remembers that) ....... we went there later on the trip and the lego version looks just like it - only smaller ;-)

Thumbnail by rannveig
(Zone 5a)

Look familiar?

It's amazing what can be done with a few million legos ......... ;-)

Thumbnail by rannveig

Rann – OMG - Lego Land looks real!! I love the pictures! The White House! LOL!! DH wants to go and build things with legos now!
Joey – I’m going with B – pretty extreme
Dyson – We’re praying for you. Hang in there!
Adina - “Only 104”! Your daturas are very brave!
Kiska – Glad you’re back! I love the pictures and it looks like y’all had a great time surrounded by the mountains. So do the beavers!

88.3 °F / 31.3 °C
Thunderstorm ????????? Not!
Humidity: 43%
Dew Point: 63 °F / 17 °C
Wind: Calm
Wind Gust: 4.5 mph / 7.2 km/h
Pressure: 30.03 in / 1016.8 hPa (Falling)
Heat Index: 89 °F / 32 °C
Visibility: 10.0 miles / 16.1 kilometers
UV: 1 out of 16
Clouds: Few 3000 ft / 914 m
Scattered Clouds 4500 ft / 1371 m
Mostly Cloudy 25000 ft / 7620 m

Tonight
Partly cloudy. Scattered showers and thunderstorms in the evening...then isolated showers and thunderstorms after midnight. Lows in the lower 70s. South winds 5 to 10 mph shifting to the southwest after midnight. Chance of rain 40 percent.

This is so sad... http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/topstories/news-article.aspx?storyid=87702

Thumbnail by MySharona
Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Kiska: Looks like a great time was had by all! Welcome back.
Dyson: I think you could use some blu. Feel better soon!
Rann: Can't get over Legoland.

My little momma duck, "Seven" came back to visit this morning with her babes who've grown alot. She's lost two somehow, but she seems to be a good mom. She was saying, "Got any corn?" :)

Deb

Thumbnail by DebinSC

Mama Duck and babies are so cute!

Callie busted in the garden!

This message was edited Jul 25, 2007 7:58 PM

Thumbnail by MySharona

oooops! mama saw me!!

Thumbnail by MySharona
Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Sharon: That's wonderful! She looks soooo comfy there. :)
Deb

Deb - I'm going to have to leave that space empty for her. She loves to lay there.

Thumbnail by MySharona
(Zone 5a)

Thanks Deb and Sharon - we could have spent hours just looking but we had to try the rides out too which ment a lot of standing in lines ..........

Deb - momma duck with her ducklings is so cute!

Sharon - Callie is soooooo adorable! Looks like she's found a favorite spot there - she looks so comfy :-) Love the expression on her face in the first photo - it's priceless!

As for the weather - it was mostly sunny and nice today - had a brief afternoon shower which is becoming a daily thing now - which is good, it saves me a lot of work with the watering ;-)

One of the kiddie rides was a Lego safari :-)

Have a good night!

rannveig

Thumbnail by rannveig
Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Good Evening! The weather was rather damp today. It drizzled off and on all day. At the moment the temp is 67* & Dyson Dark. :D

Rann, That is amazing! Lego-Zebras! Some one has alot of patience to build all of those things! ;D
Sharon, Callie's soakin' up the "rays" in that 1st pic! :D Cute!
Deb, you ducs are Cuties! Did you give them the corn? :-)
Kiska! Glad you're back! :D Great Pix! Did you guys catch anything for dinner? ;-)
Marylyn, that humidity sure looks rather high..like sticky with the temp.

Todays trivia is....B!
To put this amount into perspective, if that rate was to occur for 1 hour, you would have over 6 feet of rain! :-O

Nite All,
Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep
Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

68°(F), and it got dark as I slept, but it has not started raining again yet. This is a good thing as we have had enough for now. & I am thinking of friends, long unheard from, in Great Brittan, who may be waterlogged & overwhelmed with moisture.

It is weired that the weather can make me think of people that I have known or worked with that would not have been otherwise thought of and for the life of me cannot remember the name of, but alas the memories do come flooding back.

As I sit pondering the fact that I have not been able to see any stars in the night time sky for a few nights now and listening to the drone of the cpu cooling fan on the computer it is:

Reporting Station: KROA
Relative Humidity: 90%
Wind: 0° (N) at 0mph
Gusts: 0mph
Pressure: 30.18in
Yesterday's Precip: 0.32in
Yesterday's Low Temp: 63°F
Yesterday's High Temp: 72°F
Dew Point: 65°
Visibility: 4mi
Ceiling: 5500ft
Heat Index: 68°
Wind Chill: 68°
6hr Precip: 0.06in
6hr Low Temp: 68°F
6hr High Temp: 72°F

(Zone 5a)

Good morning!

It's cooled off a bit since yesterday it's "only" 59°F (15°C) this morning - felt almost chilly compared to what we've had for the past days ........... I think we're getting spoiled ...... lol

It's partly cloudy and breezy - the breeze might be causing the chill - it's not very warm at all .... ;-)

Here's another photo from Aarhus - an old windmill close to the "old town" museum. Since the museum was closed we took a walk in the garden surrounding it and olny realized when we were leaving that it was the Aarhus botanical garden. That was a nice find :-)

Hope you all have a great day!

Thumbnail by rannveig
(Zone 5a)

This is the river boulevard in down town Aarhus - it was a Friday (the 13th) night so the cafés and restaurants were very lively :-)

Thumbnail by rannveig
Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Helluuu! Good Morning! It's 65* & damp out. Not much to report since last night.

Dyson, we may get more rain today, but I really don't think that it'll amount to much. Channel 6 (Bluefield) says we may get some this afternoon, with sun this morning. Maybe the sun will cheer you up! :D

Rann, What a find, indeed! The 1st one is certainly a precious picture. Did you get many pix of Aarhus botanical garden? And the down town shot is quite interesting! It looks like "party time"! :D Was it the fact that is was the 13th or just a Friday?

Today's trivia is...
Silver Lake, Colorado got an incredible amount of snow dumped on it in a 24-hour period in April of 1921. How much snow fell on this city?
a) 121.4 inches
b) 66.1 inches
c) 32.7 inches
d) 75.8 inches

Have a great day!
Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep
KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

I'll say B.

Weather is gonna be HOT. Possibly in the low to mid 90s. No rain in site til the weekend and even then that's a maybe. Yesterday the sun was so bright it hurt my eyes to be outside without my sunglasses. lol. Been awhile since it has been that bright.

Joey – What kind of shrub(?) is that? Gorgeous large red blooms! I’m going with B too. I don’t know much about snow and record amounts of it….
Rann – Great pictures! I love the windmill and the “Venice” look of the city.
Dyson – I can empathize. I have friends in England as well and haven’t been able to contact them. It’s very unsettling.
Pepper – It gets likt that here – you have to have shades all the time.

74.8 °F / 23 °C
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 87%
Dew Point: 69 °F / 21 °C
Wind: 0.0 mph / 0 km/h
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph / 0 km/h
Pressure: 30.12 in / 1019.9 hPa(Rising)
Heat Index: 73 °F / 23 °C
Visibility: 7.0 miles / 11.3 kilometers
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds: Scattered Clouds 15000 ft / 4572 m
Mostly Cloudy 25000 ft / 7620 m

Today
Partly cloudy. Slight chance of showers and thunderstorms late in the morning. Chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 90s. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph shifting to the east in the afternoon. Chance of rain 50 percent.

One of my DH's customers was going to throw this tree out. She said "It's beyond help". DH said "I'm taking it to Sharon - she'll bring it back to life". As soon as I saw it my first thought was "Did she never ever water the thing"?

Thumbnail by MySharona

After 4 days of watering and general TLC....I know it's fuzzy, but you get the idea! I told DH it would be nice to know the type of tree it is for more specific care. Guess I'll figure it out later!

Thumbnail by MySharona
Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

68°(F), cloudy, gray sky but not raining.

What am I doing awake during daylight hours?

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Sharon, is that new leaves? :D You'll be able find out what it is when the leaves come out! I'm glad that it's found a good home! :D BTW ~ the "shrub" is a tuberous Begonia. (tehe) I have it on a shepards pole with a petunia & a wild MG. :D

Dyson! Did you get any sleep? Your last post was in the wee hours of the mornin'.
Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep
Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Joey, I get three to four hours sleep at a time cause that is how long the meds last till they wear off, then I am up from the pain and have to eat more. They have not quite kicked in yet. It will be a long day I think.

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Dyson, I hope you can get some relief at UVA soon. 3-4 hours sleep is not good, even tho the meds help. Does eating help with the pain? "comfort food" ~hmmm. Reminds me I forgot to eat breakfast! :-O Take care ~ hope you get some much needed rest...maybe with the sun out it will boost your spirits! :D

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Rann: Emjoying the tour!
Sharon: Good job on your "shrub" rescue. :)
Joey: I tried tuberous begonia for the first time this year. Just as the flowers seemed about to open, they fell off. Some kind of caterpillar or worm was eating them. :( Yours is beautiful!
Dyson: So sorry you're having such a hard time resting. Chronic pain is no fun (been there/done that), so I hope they fix you up soon!!

I have family in England but they are up near Liverpool and way down south, and so have not had any flooding. Seems to be the midlands mostly. I heard they had to evacuate part of Oxford.

Meanwhile, here: Sunny, muggy, hot with only the 'standard" 30% chance of an "isolated thunder storm".

Deb

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.