Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Weather: July Daily Weather #2 What's Happening in your neighborhood?, 1 by rannveig

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright rannveig

In reply to: July Daily Weather #2 What's Happening in your neighborhood?

Forum: Weather

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of July Daily Weather #2 What's Happening in your neighborhood?
rannveig wrote:
Good morning!

We got back from our trip to Denmark late Tuesday night. We had a great time :-) The last 4 days were really "hot" - high 70's and sunny ....... we were sweating like crazy and feeling pretty miserable ........ it's so good to be home :-) lol

It finally started raining here after a 6 week dry spell - it's the longest I can remember. It hasn't rained much but at least it's something. I'm hoping it'll be enough to soak in a bit - the grass here has turned brown in areas that aren't watered - I can't remember seeing that before.

This morning it's 63°F, there was a light drizzle of rain earlier but now the sun's out. It's mostly cloudy so we probably won't be seeing much of it today.

The plants are growing like I've never seen before - it was sunny and warm the entire time we were away and I couldn't believe my eyes when I got back. Got some serious mowing to do - which is turning out to be quite a task since all I got is a manual mower ...... it doesn't really work on high grass ..... I think it'll take me a week to get the grass properly mowed (and now it's all wet so it's pretty impossible to do anything until it dries up ;-))

I haven't been able to load all the photos from my trip to my computer - I'm running out of space on my hard drive - here's one of the few I managed to get from the camera. One of the places we visited was a rainforest zoo - this cute guy was one of the inhabitants of the South America dome. It's some kind of Tamarin.

Hope you all have a wonderful day !
rannveig