Polys Polys.. I need Polys

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

Here is Double Pompom

Thumbnail by se_eds
Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

And here is "Scatterbrain" - hey, I can really relate to that.

Thumbnail by se_eds
Pawling, NY(Zone 5b)

Se_eds... I love your Scatterbrain one. I love it just for the name too.. Awesome.

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

love scatterbrain can relate totaly Its very prety
Gloria

Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

This is the second flower on Isolde (?) and the first was a poly which I was a little surprised about but today the second bloom opened and again....another poly *lol*

Thumbnail by kimskreations
Springfield, OH(Zone 5b)

Well.. that is because Isolde is one of those that polys a lot. I t was used in the parentage of many polys out there today :)

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

Hey Jazz - Double Old Ivory bloomed today - but it was a single so I didn't take a shot.
Stamile, on advice to a younger hybridizer, suggested using Yellow Twain. If you don't have it, LMK. It is a tet. Pictures do not do it justice. You need to see it in a clump. I am putting some tets on it right now.

Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

Oh.....OK.....(blushes like a bloomin' idot *lol*)......I know just not enough about daylilies to make me dangerous *lol*
I removed all the nametags from my daylilies so I'm assuming that this is Isolde as it matches pictures from 2005 when they DID have names....before I got sick of the cemetary look *lol*

Springfield, OH(Zone 5b)

Are those two doubles or polys? I thought DOI was a hose in hose double? (which I also love)

Waynesboro, MS(Zone 8a)

BONEY MARONEY

Thumbnail by Hemental
Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

I don't have a pic of Double Old Ivory - doubled. Just got it last summer.

Yellow Twain is also an older one and looks like this. It is a tet, also. Mine is blooming up a storm but here is a pic from last year. Pics do not do it justice, A clump is reminiscent of lemonade with ice cubes. (giggle) It is a hose in hose and maybe nocturnal. But it is nice, in the cool of the evening to go out and dig those rascals open and pollinate them. The next morning they bloom and are fertilized. LOL

Thumbnail by se_eds
Springfield, OH(Zone 5b)

I hear ya sister! I have been doing that lately..all the ones i seem to want to use are late openers!

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

Here is another that frequently polys: Firestorm - an oldie.

Thumbnail by se_eds
La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Caribbean Whipped Cream ende the blooming season with a poly.

Thumbnail by gingerjar
Freedom, PA(Zone 6a)

I found this daylily with a poly bloom yesterday, it's Cleopatra

Thumbnail by cbrandenburg
Freedom, PA(Zone 6a)

Siloam Space Age, I think this is a double flower, it has double everything.

Springfield, OH(Zone 5b)

Ohh.. That Cleopatra Rocks!! I think the eyes and polys together are awesome!!

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

I can't belive you got got apoly out of Cleopatra. I lucky to even get it to bloom here. Looks awesome as a poly.

I need to get me some more poly I cna se e from all the stunning pics.

here one of my seedlings that on all thre e scapes has polyed all but one bloom. It's first bloom out was a niner. Took me a bit to figure out if it really was a poly or just a fluke, but it a poly.

Thumbnail by starlight1153
La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

These July 14 polys are awesome!

Freedom, PA(Zone 6a)

I don't know how or why Cleopatra polyed for me, this plant is a very slow grower, it's been in the ground for 3 years now and is 5 fans but it only sends up one scape. I hope next year will be better. I didn't know about polys until a igrowinpa pointed them out to me, now I do check and see if any are making polys.

south central, WI(Zone 5a)

12 petals on "Chicago Scintillation" (I think this is what the white tag used to say.).
It was windy outside, so brought in for photo, windy inside!! I took it over to the neighbors before I checked the photo. Sigh!

Thumbnail by motts1
Springfield, OH(Zone 5b)

That almost looks like a fused bloom. Check out the number of stamens! It's cool looking though. IF it looked like that all the time I would buy it for sure!! lol

La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Scene Stealer

Thumbnail by gingerjar
Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Wow!!!!!!! Never seen such a thing as twelve before. Awesome bloom and it purple too Marcia!

Keep the poly's coming each one excitign to see!!!!! : )

Chapin, SC(Zone 7b)

Marcia,

Are you sure the CS was a poly and not a fused bloom? Wowser whatever it is.

That Cleo is a wowser too!

Excelsior, MN(Zone 4a)

Blueridge Shephard Boy:

Thumbnail by sybiltwo
Excelsior, MN(Zone 4a)

Mask of Time:

Thumbnail by sybiltwo
La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

That BSB is neat.

Chapin, SC(Zone 7b)

BSB gets my vote for bloom of the day.

Springfield, OH(Zone 5b)

Me too! Does that one poly often?

south central, WI(Zone 5a)

Hi, I don't know what a fused bloom is and didn't check the stamens. Wish that I had checked the quality of my photo, before I took the bloom over to my neighbor.
I have been taking various blooms over, so that she can see the differences in daylilies. , She just loved "Rachel My Love...as I do.
She has a couple of older types, but I am wowing her the the varieties. One more daylily lover joins the group!

Chapin, SC(Zone 7b)

I was invited to do a program on daylilies for my garden club next winter. I hope to win some of them over too.

Springfield, OH(Zone 5b)

WOw.. How could you not?! Especially if you take some pictures of your stuff :)

This message was edited Jul 16, 2007 9:18 AM

Chapin, SC(Zone 7b)

Gosh, thanks.

Springfield, OH(Zone 5b)

No thanks needed. Once you start introing I will be first in line.. hmm.. guess I better start saving my money

Chapin, SC(Zone 7b)

Jazz, you sure know how to boost a girl's confidence. Thanks!

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

Here is a new double that sat in the sun too long LOL
Crown of Creation X Lemonberry Truffle. It does have COC's edges and the color of Lemonberry Truffle. I'll have to photo it in the AM.

Thumbnail by se_eds
Chapin, SC(Zone 7b)

se_eds, does it have LT's size?

Freedom, PA(Zone 6a)

Blackberry Candy had a poly bloom today

Excelsior, MN(Zone 4a)

Thanks for all the compliments on Blueridge Shephard Boy. That's the first poly I've seen on it. I can say that it has a very high bud count. Here is 'Westbourne Butterfly Season' as a poly:

Thumbnail by sybiltwo

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.