Polys Polys.. I need Polys

Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

well, I just wrote to see if what he thinks about Carolina Octopus, down here. Also, Pancake Platypus...flat, and with Pam written all over it.

This message was edited Jul 3, 2007 11:02 AM

Excelsior, MN(Zone 4a)

Here's a poly on 'Paper Butterfly':

Thumbnail by sybiltwo
La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Here's Femme Fatale.

Thumbnail by gingerjar
La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Here's an unknown that's really into polying today.

Thumbnail by gingerjar
Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

Mt Laurel Sundayhaus really does poly ( she says 90%) - for me it was every bloom so far. I am saving pollen for some of my Child's purples. I have pollenated every bloom - but no luck - it may be a nocturnal. Or I just did not use the right pollen yet. -DIP.

Springfield, OH(Zone 5b)

I tried to find someone selling that one online but no luck :(

Chapin, SC(Zone 7b)

Jazz, are you talking about Mt. Laurel Sundayhaus? Did you contact Treasure? I got it from her this year. She's great. Here's her website:

http://daylily.net/gardens/planetsunshine/

Springfield, OH(Zone 5b)

ooohhh, Thanks Leslie.. have I ever said that You ae my favorite person in the whole world??

Chapin, SC(Zone 7b)

tell her hello for me and I won't let Bobby forget her.

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

Gosh, Jazz, I'm sorry - I thought you wanted pictures. I bought mine from her this past fall. She has beautiful plants at reasonable prices and sent me a bonus of Planet Sunshine - a pretty white with a gold edge.

Springfield, OH(Zone 5b)

That's ok se_eds, I do need to get off my duff and buy some because I just love them! I got a couple at Dan Bachman's that poly but not all the time. To be able to get a 100% poly at this reasonable price is amazing!

La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Icing on the Cake

Thumbnail by gingerjar
south central, WI(Zone 5a)

Wayside Painted Lady celebrating the 4th with a poly.

Thumbnail by motts1
Springfield, OH(Zone 5b)

Oh those are pretty! Hey I was able to spot a couple poly buds today..I felt pretty smart..lol

Marion, WI(Zone 4b)

Pink Supreme

Thumbnail by kimsgardenheave
Marion, WI(Zone 4b)

Doris Augustine

Thumbnail by kimsgardenheave

This is a seedling that I got from our local hybridizer who had it labeled "Black Triangle" before she edited it from her breeding program.

Thumbnail by motts1
Springfield, OH(Zone 5b)

nice!

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Jazz, this is an interesting thread. I love all the pics of the pretty polys.
I wanted let you know that Grey Witch is blooming and I love it! I had several over on the 4th and it was getting rave reviews.
Thanks for the trade. Dave friends are the best.
Teresa

Selma, NC(Zone 7b)

I love that 'Black Triangle'. I guess I need to visit some daylily farms instead of just buying on the net.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

You definitely need to see a daylily farm or hybridizer's garden! It's so impressive and overwhelming! Each has it's own style and to see them in full bloom is just amazing!

It's also dumbfounding to see how many never make it to being a named cultivar. I have seen so many gorgeous seedlings and gardens and new intros and maybe(s) in the last week!

Jazzpunkin got me invited to meet some Ohio hybridizers at a picnic last night! Some I had met last week and others I hadn't met before but am familiar with their work. They are a really nice group of people. The picnic was at yet another gorgeous garden and we were surrounded with beautiful seedlings!

I so enjoy this breeders yard and have about 6 of the seedlings that she edited. They look better than many than I paid a lot more for. :)

Spring Park, MN(Zone 4a)

May I just interject that my favorite cultivar names in the whole world are happymoose's. I would dedicate a whole garden just to them as a conversation piece! Now, back to the topic.

Springfield, OH(Zone 5b)

LOL..at Lily_digger.. I know what you mean! If I ever get to that point I hope I can think up some fun names

Bluegrass! Glad it is blooming for you!! Mine got hit with the freeze and the first blooms were pretty pathetic..I could have ruled the "ugly " thread!

Endicott, NY(Zone 6a)

Lines of Splendor poly

Thumbnail by dfa
Endicott, NY(Zone 6a)

Hello, this is Janice Brown

Thumbnail by dfa
Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

I've been away for three days and when I got home "Double PomPon" had a beautiful full interesting bloom. Then I got company and they just left and it is dark :-(

Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

Not such a great picture...big surprise. This is 'tropical pleasrue' What a flower in person...excellent color. There is merry moppet beside it to kind-of show the huge size of this baby. Not that merry moppet is a very large flower.

Thumbnail by gardenglory
Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

one of the best parts was..it stayed open open..no recurling almost all day. It didnt close up till after midnight last night. This morning..its 'real' flower opened. VERY bummened. Its already turning back..but stunning all the same. Camera blinking low battery..errrrrrrrrrrr.

This message was edited Jul 9, 2007 7:58 AM

Thumbnail by gardenglory
Waynesboro, MS(Zone 8a)

This has to be the prettiest flower in myv garden all season
DARLA ANITA

Thumbnail by Hemental
Waynesboro, MS(Zone 8a)

Another tet seedling

Thumbnail by Hemental
Waynesboro, MS(Zone 8a)

One more

Thumbnail by Hemental
Pawling, NY(Zone 5b)

Sorry I'm a bit new to daylilies. What are polys?

Waynesboro, MS(Zone 8a)

Welcome to our madness.
Polytepals are flowers that have more than usual petals and sepals.
The daylily flower normally has 3 petals and 3 sepals.

This message was edited Jul 10, 2007 3:35 PM

Pawling, NY(Zone 5b)

Oh... Is that an abberation for an individual flower or some plants are polys in all their flowers?

La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

It's an aberration for most, but some have been selected to do it more often. Some do it as much as 75% of the time or maybe even more.

La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Mount Herman Treasure

Thumbnail by gingerjar
Pawling, NY(Zone 5b)

That's good to know. And nice one there. Mount Herman Treasure. I guess that's why people's always looking to see what bloomed that day. They're really looking for a poly bloom. :)

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

AllI can say is WOW I hope that when mine get settled in (first year) that thay are half as beautiful as all of yous are nice work!!!!
Gloria

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

Here is a plant I bought as Childs, 'Chum' - it has been blooming double. I have an inquiry out to see if it really it 'CHUM". LOL

Thumbnail by se_eds

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.