Cannas: CANNA ? ( Continued ) # 7

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

hah ahahahahaha you do not stand alone !!

agreed, this is the friendliest forum I've been on.... there are a few keepers in the clems (but they are serious!) and in the hummingbird forum - but this is by far the reason I come back.

Kell, you can tell us - come on !!!

Oh - Canna, the strawberry tree does not bear strawberries - the fruits are big gorgeous orangey-red berries (they are edible, tho I've never tried one) resembling strawberries- the robins love them. It fruits 2x per year .... one being late fall (and the bark is gorgeous, too) * I just really love this tree and am afraid its dying... I think my fir trees have just grown too big and its not getting enough sun. boo hoo!

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Kell gave a couple words in a dmail, but (at least from what I can tell about him) I think he wanted cheering up more than anything.

I post more on this thread than any other for the reasons noted above-sniff, sniff, I love you guys!

Red, you should try eating that fruit-I want more fruiting trees. Had a cherry but the birds beat me to the cherries. Couldn't stand the disappointment so I got rid of it.

Brisvegas, Australia(Zone 12b)

Quoting:
Now people, do I stand alone in the belief that you need permission to get involved with someone else's drawers?

I was going to leave this one alone ( A womans thing )
But I must agree there are certain things that are out of bounds .

My main gripe is , many many ppl are happy to have you come into THEIR threads , They will post for hours , But they WILL NEVER EVER come to one of your threads and say one word . I don't know what their problem is ???
No Red it will never die , Just slow now and then .

I'm really curious about my thursdays ( your Wednesdays )
always 1 or 2 posts on 26 Threads ? Is it shopping day ?

Strawberry tree sounds Real cool .

Could we see a Pic of it Please ?

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Everyone's getting ready for the weekend, Kell, that's why no one's here. Plus, it's spring.

Yep certain things need to be out of bounds...lol

Tammie , Sounds like you are doing a GREAT jod .
Keep us posted And please share some more of your Stitch work Pics when you can . Kell

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Yeah, Tammie, we haven't forgotten about you!

And you guys, I finally found my "holy grail" canna 'Ermine' at a reasonable price, and it should be here end of next week. So excited! I'm prob. gonna get a new camera tommorrow (just gonna do it) so I'll try to have new pics for ya'll soon

I'm still waiting for my Black C.
Yesterday I did order a White Crucifix Orchid .

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Kell, I'm so sorry to hear that--what did the company say? I wish we could trade because I'm really starting to like orchids :)

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

Ginger, did you ask for a PICTURE ! sure :)

... you can see how yellow the leaves are, which a little of that is normal, but usually its very green... part of the problem is the trees to the south of it -there are 3- are about 20' tall as opposed to 6' a few years ago..... I think it needs more sun? not sure.

Thumbnail by Redtootsiepop
Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

here's a close-up of two berries, they get much larger than this and almost look glowing yellow inside with red polka dots ... super pretty and usually hundreds by late Fall- but I only see a few starting now boo hoo -

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

can't stop ! Lilies are opening - you can't tell from this picture,but it's really tall - had to put the camera way over my head to take the picture.

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Red, I am no expert, but the leaf problem looks to be either too much water or too little? Looks like a good spot.....

Pretty plant, though, looks evergreen--what zone are you in?

gotta go be pestered by outlaws....urrrggh

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

okay, one more ... here's one the hummingbirds fight over... phygelius "pink elf" tiny little shrub. The inside of the flowers are so cute.

Nothing at all like I imagined .
It sure looks like it is missing something .

That last Pic is a beauty Red .

Tropicanna GO GET EM !!!

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

GO GET THEM AND MAKE THEM GATHER SOME WOOD !! and pick up their socks, and scrub the toilet!!!

sorry, I've been a little crabby today. I actually just poured myself a glass of red wine. aaaaah.

Ginger, I know you should see him in all his glory - it is truly a beautiful thing . Tropicanna, if anything too much water, I don't know we are in rainy Oregon, but they do well here. ? I think the massive growth of the trees has to be hurting it. They've gotten alot fatter as well as tall. It should be drying up soon here, so we'll see if it responds.

Thanks guys - cheered me up to go look at the lilies, I have alot and just that pink one opened today.

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

okay, here are some pics of what it is supposed to look like (sorry if I'm taking over the thread, I promise its momentary!)

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

and of the gorgeous bark

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

I couldnt find a full tree with fruit on it (which is really amazing) but here's a larger tree.

OK Red , We are definately going to start a new thread about Beer / Wine .
Where and what shall we call it ?
It's important to get it in the right place .
I think it should be called " NAME YOUR POISON "
We need some thoughts before it is started .
I personally don't like threads that don't have a Pic to start with .
ie: Prayer R , General chat , and many others .
You need a good Sign to attract passer by to look in .

Red you posted 3 pics while I typed one post .
Way cool pics .

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

Thank you Ginger, the cabarnet sauvignon has loosened me up considerably !!! :)

I second that on the new thread .... the picture ? perhaps we could all submit a few here and see which ones we like best ?! I will be thinking about that and post tomorrow !!

I miss Tammie :( but glad about her job. PEPPER we need some drunk photos of you riding a horse, pronto !

Tropicanna I hope you are keeping the outlaws at bay !

I

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

LOL ginger. You are slowing down!!

And sometimes I will post alot and other times I won't. I am all over the site and I have 20 million things going on around here. I will post pictures eventually too. lol. I have some on camera and need to take a few more. My calla lily is blooming and it is goreous!! Not the sunset orange/red I bought but it's still turning out pretty so can't complain.

Red, is that an orential lily blooming? I am wanting some if I can get my hands on them. lol. Those and the easter lily. I killed mine when I moved and divided it.

Didn't go riding so no pictures. I am going back there hopefully Monday so if I get to ride I will have someone take pictures for us.

(Tammie) Odessa, TX(Zone 7b)

Well, I survived the first full week...now I have 3 days off! Yea! I have been reading all the posts.. just don't have much time to reply ... job is going fine.. just takes a lot of time to learn where everything is and how things are done at this hospital... and of course, learning all the 'gossip' going around. LOL Have to get in on that. It is going to be nice having a real paycheck for a change.

Love the 'strawberry tree'. Maybe when you have one full of berries you can post a pic....we will remember why you posted it.

go get a camera! Most do well now.. even less expensive $100 ones do a fantastic job on most subjects. I have two olympus cameras and my mother has one and all three take great pics. One does better really close, close ups than the others but for general photography, they all do well... especially for posting on the internet. I got a really cheap $39 one for a friend and it even does a decent job...even has video.. just is lousy with close ups.

Tammie

Tammie ,
Good to hear your week went well .
Sleep always comes first .
I second that motion on the strawberry tree Pic .
Any good Gossip to share ? LOL

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

Oh Tammie, enoy your 3 days off !

Pepper - I'm happy to share some lilies... I love them too, and there are alot back there. I don't think my easter lily made it I haven't seen it come up this year. After they are done blooming, I'll look for some babies to share. I should send some to Tammie, too - the kids had a blast playing with those water gel crystals she sent .

Ginger - White Crucifix Orchid I have to look that up. Also, Canna Ermine ??

(Tammie) Odessa, TX(Zone 7b)

I always have crystals so just let me know if you want to surprise the kids with some more. I have a few lilies I planted this spring. They were in bad shape when I planted them so many did not make it but I have a few that have put out a single bloom. One white, one that had 2 yellow blooms and one that is about to bloom. The tallest one of all is about 12"! Munchkins!

My three days off got started with a dog fight I had to break up... got up and went outside with the dogs.. Misty attacked Sky while I was trying to fix the clip in Skys hair... I managed to hold Shiloh back with my left hand while trying to separate Sky and Misty with the right hand... got a glancing bite on the arm because I was stupid enough to try to hang onto the little plastic clip I had in my hand.. couldn't grab a dog effectively while holding it... finally realized the problem and threw it down and was able to get them separated. Misty is limping a little...serves her right! They will settle down and forget about it in a few days. Just like children... always squabbling! LOL

Tammie

Hey Tammie ,

Quoting:
Just like children... always squabbling! LOL

Just like People As well .
We get it all the time in Crochet classes . lol

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Gosh, kids, ya'll were up partying late last night, everyone feelin' good today? I hope...lol

So Kell, where's the poison forum going? I'm almost there in a couple of hours...lol...have a feeling that thread might not get to last long bt I'd love to be a part of it.

Got a new camera! Now just gotta get it set up--going to visit a friend, ya'll have a good one!

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

I'm feeling fine !!!! ha ha ... I'm still thinkng about that thread - only noon here tho, quite a few hours to go.

Well I know just the place for the thread .
Back soom .

Red, that would be great if you share some of those. We have them at work and you walk by them and you can smell them. They smell soooooo goooood!!! LOL.

Ginger, where did you put it?

Haven't Placed it yet , I just know where it has to go .
In the Tropical Forum . What do you think ?

I bought 15 Cu Yards of Garden Mulch today . ( Wood Chips )
Should keep me buisy for a few days .
Pics later .

Oh boy. Go ahead and place it there and see what happens. I put mulch down awhile back. Glad I did. Keeping the weeds down.

What do you think will happen ?

Probably get a scolding from admins, then thread taken off. This is a family friendly site after all. lol

I have a Big Family , And I'm Very friendly .
So does that qualify ME ???

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.