Cannas: CANNA ? ( Continued ) # 7

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

ginger749 " What does the toot fairy pay these years ? "
Post #3629051

TOOT Fairy, why you'd be a millionaire, I bet !

Brisvegas, Australia(Zone 12b)

What do you mean leave it out ?

Red ,
That should have been the Hoot Fairy . lol

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

lol Ginger !!!!

uh, $10 for the first tooth !!!! don't tell my kids, they got jipped... Olivia's top tooth is barely hanging on, she looks so funny - how old is your daughter Canna?

Can you see how messy the birds are around here ?

Thumbnail by ginger749
Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

I know.....I told the BF he was out of his mind. We went ahead and told her it was only cause it was her first tooth and not to expect it every time. It really was almost catastropic when she realized she was gonna loose the tooth in the woods...lol

She's 6, Red...growing up too fast

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

LOL....those are some funny looking squirrels? Is that what they are?

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

Ummmmmm uh, the little varmints don't seem to mind the mess !!!

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

Canna, oh I know we gave more for the first tooth as well - they do grow up too fast !

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

LOL...ever heard gettin' squirrely? LOL...sorry, that was juvenile.

The whole tooth thng was kinda weird for me...does everything make you feel old as H--- wwhen you have kids? SHe came running up to me so excited, "MOM! Look! I think my tooth is loose!"....cute but feeling like I should be setting aside money for college and retirement...lol

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Have ya'll seen this thread, it's been going on for awhile. Figured some of ya'll might want to contribute: http://davesgarden.com/place/t/89631/#new

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

ty Tropicanna, I added my two cents.

and yes, It does make me feel old... we had a late fathers day lunch today with my dad.... He gave my oldest daughter a big file of my grade school report cards and class pics, she has had a blast looking at them - especially "Tracy needs to read through the assignment before turning it in" since I say that to her ALL the time.. thank goodness just gradeschool (the high school grades are not quite as impressive!)

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Computer is driving me nuts! lol Froze on me yesterday and just a bit ago when I tried to view the link above. Grrrrrr!!!!!

Ok, I'm done. lol.

$10 for a tooth!! I remember when it was 10 cents or a dollar!!

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

As bad as $10 sounds, DD told me a girl she knows at school gets 15 a tooth....shaking head right now

Toooooooooo muuuuuuuucccccchhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

(Tammie) Odessa, TX(Zone 7b)

I got .25 cents when I was little... .50 was a BIG bonus. LOL Amazing how times change.

Tammie

Yes Tammie ,
A lot of things change in 10 years don't they ? lol

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

SO what have you all been up to? Anything exciting?

Nothing exciting yet.

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

We'll be going to Asheville for one of my old roomate's 30th birthday this weekend. I love the mountains, so even though it's an urban area, it's still pretty nice. I spent a lot of time there when I was in college, cause it was the nearest city, and we tried living there for awhile, but couldn't make enough money there. Just now occuring to me that I should try to drum up a crew to go to Hot Springs. It's a place where there are natural mineral water hot springs that come up in the French Broad River, which makes the river warm. There's also a place where they pipe the water into tubs with fences around, that you have to pay for. It would be fun but it's hard to get folks together to do much when it's a party. :)

Ahhhhhhhhhh ! Mountains .

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

oh canna, that sounds fun, I wish I was closer, I'd go with you !!

I did general clean- up in the back today, looks much better. I'm very sweaty and smell a bit like the pond - gotta shower.

I went by the woman's place where I did some riding last year after work. Should be able to get some riding in this summer. She tsk tsked when I told her the last time I rode was the last time I was at her place last spring. lol

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Horse back riding dounds cool, never done it. Tried to ride on of my Great grandma's horses when I was really young (and she was still with us)--my aunt put me right on his back without a saddle and that horse took off. I don't remember falling hard, just that I wasn't in a big hurry to try it again..lol

Did some one say mountains ?

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Is this a joke, Kell, I'm scared to answer

I was replying to your post.

Quoting:
We'll be going to Asheville for one of my old roomate's 30th birthday this weekend. I love the mountains, so even though it's an urban area, it's still pretty nice.

ppl here don't seem to like my mountain Pics .
2 times I posted the same Pic of my other half on a cliff face , Nothing .
I am starting to think no one bothers to open the Pics and actually look at them .
This is a Canna thread so I shouldent be surprised .
And I don't have any new Canna Pics to post .
I also asked you about your camera ?

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

My camera, is still officially dead, and I will have to trust the BF to try and retreive the pics from the mermory card (which means it will never happen). ISo sad because we really did take some beautiful pictures, the place was incredible.
I'm trying to get him to choose another one (camera) so I can go ahead and get one before this weekend

I saw your wife climbing that rock, but the rock looked man-made (sorry I'm snobby about these things..lol) so I didn't comment on the pretty mountain cause I wasn't sure if it was natural. She's a pretty tough chick, huh, Kell?

Can't say the same for my SO, I'm kinda aggravated with him and the other guys for being so lazy (I'm still exhausted, hurt all over) I hauled wood all over those durn mountains (not to mention all the other work) and so they thought it was real funny to go "search for wood", disappear for 1/2 and hour, then come back with one little stick. It was supposed to be fun, so I didn't raise h---, but next time, I'm letting all men know that if they don't plan to look for firewood, they'd better bring it from home.

All computer shops sell Multi card readers for around $15 .
Plug it into your USB port and slip the card right in .
XP will auto find and let you load direct to your Puter .
You don't need SO for that .
We are not allowed to collect fire wood from the wild here .
It is SOMEONES home you are distroying .

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

hey, Ginger -- I do like your mountain pictures, I saw the last one (your wife ROCKS!) and then got distracted by the hurt puppy story.. sorry about that.

I have to say, I ALWAYS open all the pictures ... Thanks Ginger!

Canna, you make those boys work a little harder next time, thats ridiculous ! (I'm sure you will)

going to go back outside, it's lovely today 78 .... mmmmmm popsicle time.

*Pepper, I've never had the opportunity to ride, sounds like fun - will you go soon?

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

ginger, I like the philosophy you describe with the firewood...I HAD to also take pics of the mountain of garbage (in a protected area, mind you) left at the top of the campsite by some of our fellow Americans......we have no sense of decency, self-preservation, or conservation overall. It's pretty sad, actually.

Will have to look into the multi card readers

Red, I don't know the answer, but I'm soooo tired of being EVERYONE'S keeper.....feels like it's been that way since I was about 15 with my friends.

When WE go 'Through Walking '
( 2 days or more carrying everything Food Bedding & Tent )
I always carry a rubbish bag And pick up other peoples rubbish ,
Mainly empty water bottles , Wrappers & butts .

re: Card readers , I have a 5 card reader ,
Great when visiting friends .
You can also get a 32 card reader . $ 25 Aus = (18 US $)

(Tammie) Odessa, TX(Zone 7b)

Walmart sells multi card readers. That is where I got mine to use over at my mothers. Very easy to use. If you know how to move files at all, you can upload your pictures.

I, too like the mountain pics but have little time to leave comments any more. Very tired... have to get ready for work now.

Tammie

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

This is awful, but I think I'm just gonna go buy a camera today...am I losing it? I just want to have one for this weekend, and I oculd wait onthe BF to pick one out forever...kind of a big purchase.

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

Canna - you are not losing it ! I would want a camera, too.

Tammie, I hope the job is going ok - we miss your posts !

and Kell, I love your pics !

Our home and garden section reviewed davesgarden (they review a garden website every week). Overall rating was excellent; mainly because of PlantFiles. But poor for instructions and good for navigabiity and reg. interest.

Also, does anyone have a strawberry tree? I think mine is dying :(

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

A strawberry tree? Never heard of one....now I feel like I need one...does it grow strawberries...yum...tree full of strawberries...mmmm

I agree the site is hard to follow at first, and even plantfiles gives me a headache--it took forever (cause I forgot basic biology) to figure out it is usually the genus of plants that I know the names of to look up

Personaly I don't like DG .
Having said that I must say
I would not have Met any of you lovely folk
Had it not been for DG .

I do have my reasons for saying I don't like DG .
But I will keep it to my self unless yall want to know .
Only one I will say here is EVERYONE is so clickey .
I am here for a bit of humour .
Well that's my rant for the day .

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Hey, Kell, tell me how you really feel! I'll listen....outlaws are here, an excuse to escape is constantly welcomed.

I feel where you're coming from....but aren't we kinda cliquey? Especially me and you Kell, we can end of on the same thread, take over and have everyone confused in a matter of moments..lol

LOL Tropicanna .Too true .
We welcome everyone to this thread .
And I reply to every post from lurkers .
Can't say the same on other threads .

You have my sympathy with the OL
Don't let him clean up for you . LOL

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

DO they all do that? lol---I thought it was just mine. I turn my back for just a second and next thing I know MOW somehow finds laundry that needs folding and is in my underwear.

Now people, do I stand alone in the belief that you need permission to get involved with someone else's drawers?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.