Cannas: CANNA ? ( Continued ) # 7

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

oh my, can't imagine climbing something that is falling apart as you climb it, that sounds like a nightmare !

the sandstone is pretty (can you say that about rocks - yeah, I think so )

it's rained alot today here, but supposed to be nice again tomorrow... I could use some of that pumice for my feet.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

LOL. Yes, Red you can say stone is pretty. I mean we do put it in our kitchens and baths and on floors.

Brisvegas, Australia(Zone 12b)

Yep , Rocks sure can be pretty .

(Tammie) Odessa, TX(Zone 7b)

Wow! You all are soooo quiet! Hello....now, off to work. Parents are going to be out of town for almost a week... that is less time I feel obligated to be over there. More time for my dogs. ... and sleep.

Cannas are blooming everywhere. Many for the first time for me. I walk the yard each morning before work. LOve it.

Tammie

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

You are right, it has been busy, Tammie. Normally I don't take pictures of random strangers but, I saw this and thought it was cute. These folks were having a motorcyle wash

Thumbnail by Tropicanna
Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Check out the t shirt...lol

Couldn't resist

Thumbnail by Tropicanna
Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

This is the lovely city of Asheville (downtown) from the parking lot of the hotel we stayed at last weekend. It's probably one of the more liberal cities in the country, and without a doubt the most liberal in North Carolina.

Thumbnail by Tropicanna
Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

love that t-shirt ! somehow Old Women Rule doesn't have the same ring to it.

Asheville looks pretty :)

sports summer camp for the two youngest this week... they came home so incredibly dirty yesterday - fantastic!

Good pics Tropicanna .
Did you get the new camera going yet ?

Sounds like they had fun Red .

Yes it does get quiet at times ,
Just goes to show we all do have a real life .
And this comes a close second .

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Yeah, these are from the new camera. Can't promise the quality will always be better, but it does seem to adjust to my shaky hands a bit better.

Red, I thought the same thing, what about--"Old Chicks Rule" or my personal fave, "Old Broads Rock"..lol...I think broad is a funny word, no one uses it here.

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Found tadpoles in my water tub garden---only 2 rains in the past month or so and this is what I get..lol.

Suppose it's time to dump it out...hate to kill them, but sure don't have time to go thru the trouble to save them all

Thumbnail by Tropicanna

Sure is a fertile tub you have there .
Cool Pic Tropicanna .

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

I know nothing about how to maintain it other than I use mosquito dunks and dump it every so often and refill. When I planted the lotus in there, I prob. did it wrong, but I put a big container some really good dirt w/ natural fert., then a layer of rocks on top, and submerged it. I'm sure the nitrogen is why there's so much algae....but don't know where the tadpoles come from..lol

I think they come from Frogs ?
Do you have a close up of the Tpoles ?

This was day 2 of mulching .
All the Cannas are buried .

Thumbnail by ginger749
Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Kell, I didn't take any other pics, the heat is so brutal....want a pool...lol

Nice job on the mulch, hauling that stuff around takes so long

If you didn't get the new roof ,
You could have had your pool by now . lol

Thumbnail by ginger749
Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

I'd have to get a new SO for the pool. He doesn't spend enough time working in this heat to have an appreciation for one..lol!

Gotta run,,,see y'all later

The plant above is the same as this thread starter .
Pep , Have you worked out what it is yet ?

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

I dont know what the plant is??? maybe Pepper has it figured out.

Canna, why do you have to dump the tadpoles, save them from what? Ditto on the pool (tho our high/low is 83/56 right now, still cool at night) July/August will be much hotter. We'll probably put up one of those easy-set pools, big enough for mommy to swim around in (or float on :)

Your mulching is going very well Ginger, your dog looks so happy there! Do you have alot left?

I'm not even 1/4 done yet .
I think I got a lot more than I paid for .
Jack likes to be part of my gardening .

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

I adore the name Jack, perfect!

would you like this little happy guy to be your pet?

Thumbnail by Redtootsiepop

Quoting:
Canna, why do you have to dump the tadpoles, save them from what?

Red , I didn't understand that either .
Let's hope tropicanna can explain it .

So Red you finally got us a Pic of Pepper23 .
She sure is cute . Where's her Glasses ?

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

ha ha ha ha ha hahahah a- ginger you are too funny.... I don't think Pepper is this furry.

Is it a Pygmy Possum ?

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

I don't know what it is, just found it in a pack of funny pictures on the web.... I thought if anyone would know it would be you !!

This kitty might be able to help get that mulch spread around, he'll bring these two buckets and is very good at heavy lifting!

Thumbnail by Redtootsiepop

Isn't that cute .
I LOVE Cats but I coulden,t eat a Whole one . lol

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

I don't want frogs breeding in that little tub, so I plan to dump them out on the ground. Don't think the lil guys will make it.

83 is your highs right now? That would be comfortable for me..lol. It's about 97 here now, and it rained last night, hard.

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

ooooh 97 is too hot, it's perfect today, rest of the week back to 76-77. Ginger, what is it like in your neck of the woods?

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

I got a new kitty today. A litter was dumped at work over the weekend. No momma cat around til today. She was dumped by the cafe today. I know it was the same person. There were 4 cats. 3 males and 1 female. I got a male who happens to have a bulls-eye on both sides of him. lol. We wanted to call him that or Bully but they are hard to say sometimes. So we decided on Curly. I will post pics tomorrow if I get a chance. My cat Whiskers is not happy with the new kitty but he hopefully will get over it.

Aurora, CO(Zone 5b)

My sister lives in Asheville, with my nephew. Not as liberal as some places, but quite beautiful, I hear. We have Boulder up the road, with the University of Colorado. Been delivering concrete up there lately, and it is a beautiful town. We kiddingly call it " the peoples republic of...". Kell, figure about 4 wheelies to a .25 cubic yard(not sure of meters), so 16 to yard. Jack looks very happy in the fresh mulch. Our dog Sushi does the same thing. I thinned out the forsthia bushes between my house and the neighbors on Sun, and my cat laid around close to me the whole day. Guess he needs some attention. Setting heat records around here, except for today. Stayed in the low 80's. Back to heat on Thurs though. Windy, with very little humidity. It's fire season! Kell, that cliff looks like fun. Well, goodnight all. Pleasant dreams!

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Good to hear from you vadap! Yep, I think a lot of places out west/maybe up north would surely be considered more liberal, but this is North Carolina..lol. Not sure if you've ever visited...but...

Asheville is a fun town, I went to school about an hour away and it was the closest city, so we went out there a lot. I have friends that moved near Boulder, and they love it, but they are probably going to move back to be closer to family and friends. I did a lot of traveling when I was younger, but the farthest west I ever made it was either Missouri or Arkansas (haven't looked at a map lately...lol)

We are Global here .
Don't need Maps . lol
Any one have a GPS ?

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

I hope Whiskers is getting over his resentment ! -Would love to see a picture of the new kitty.

My FIL & MIL are visiting relatives in Boulder next week, I bet it is beautiful - I look forward to seeing their pics.

No GPS here, Ginger

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

I don't, but I'm not rockclimbing and all that cool stuff like you are. If we're in the woods, we pretty much don't venture too far from the paths.

Mornin' everyone....obviously I've been having some sleep problems. Anyone know of a home remedy to stop your old man from snoring really loud? I bump, elbow, or turn him every so often, but that only makes it stop a second or two. Sounds like a darn grizzzly bear

You know the old saying ?
You can never tame a Grizzly .

Trade him in .
Get your self a Toy Boy .

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

I'm strongly considering at the moment...sending you dmail now

How did your fathers day pressy go ???

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

sent you mail, sorry it took awhile

Post a Reply to this Thread