Photos of container gardens

East Texas, United States(Zone 8a)

look here

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/719324/

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

I don't have any one container gorgeous as of yet, so here's the whole mess of them:

xxx, Carrie

Thumbnail by carrielamont
Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Well this is pretty nice this year. It's an old wheelbarrow that came with the house.

I LOVE that mini wheelbarrel!

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Another angle. Most of what's in there is waiting for the pansies to fade before blooming. (I got them at plantswithgoodmanners.com) (That's a joke. No such place.)

x,C

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

That's not a mini, it's a regular actual old wheelbarrow!

I still love the age on the handles and the front wheel that is metal. Sorry about confusing it with a mini.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Oh, I love it too! I guess I was offended.... curious. Any chance part of my ego is wrapped up in that dumb wheelbarrow?

xxx, Carrie aka Sigmundette Freud

Egos often get wrapped up in our treasures. I have a few stumps out in my landscape that I am very attached to that I bought and people look at them and scratch their heads in disbelief that I spent money for them. Where did you ever find something like that old wheelbarrel? Please don't tell me you picked it from garbage or something. I would pay a lot of money to get one with nice worn handles and a metal wheel like that.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

As I said, it came with our house, which we bought in 1994.

xxx, Carrie

Lucky you!

Memphis, TN(Zone 7b)

Okay - here's mine.....put them together Tuesday....

Thumbnail by BetsyBug
Memphis, TN(Zone 7b)

and the second one....I've wanted a strawberry jar forEVER - and I ran across this one for only $38.00! Cheap! (they can be very expensive). I put succulents in this.....

Thumbnail by BetsyBug
Memphis, TN(Zone 7b)

and this has only one plant - but it's a cute container!

Thumbnail by BetsyBug
Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

How pretty all of them are and I love that kitty cat.

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

I love all of them but my favorite is the first pic!!!! all nice

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Lovely photos, everyone.

Carrie - I have this ESP that you love planting in pots. Am I right?

Port Charlotte, FL(Zone 10a)

Great, great pots guys!!! Thank-you!

I happen to be in Love with "Cousin It!" (remember that little guy from the Adams family?)

She chokes everything out and is now about 4 feet tall...Thinned her our and dressed her up the other day though with some Diamond Frost and Angelonia! She's obnoxious but kind of cute!

Thumbnail by KatG
(GayLynn) Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Just a note. Be careful about removing driftwood you find on beaches. In some areas it is illegal to take it. I know it is here in the entire state of Wisconsin. It disrupts the eco system. So find out about the laws in your area before you pick it up. Sure would love to have some to make the planter like pirl did though. Gorgous!!

Pirl: I think your driftwood planter looks "Fantastic"...

I just bought this Pig bench...

Put him on my lanai and threw an old planter on him...think he would enjoy the outdoors better! hehehe! Think I'll set him out on the grass somewhere, although he is cute!

Thumbnail by KatG
(Judith) Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

BetsyBug, I don't even like succulents, but your blue pot is amazing! Just wonderful!

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

KatG, that is one of the finest planters I have seen....love all your trailing petunias!!!! If you love containers, I posted a lot of iron ones that come in from mexico but don't really have that all scrolled look you usually find in their iron furniture...I think I posted on Indoor gardening and houseplants under......let me look...
http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/722622/#new

BetsyBug...what is that green plant that you have in your first planter?

Memphis, TN(Zone 7b)

KatG - I think it's creeping jenny...

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

gessiegail - I have a lot of cast iron and wrought iron planters, too.

Thanks Gessiegail! You just solved my indecisiveness...He's coming back in and I'll give him a beautiful planter of trailing petunias!!! I put him out in the yard earlier tonight...but he looks kind of lonely!

Thumbnail by KatG
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

bring him back in !!!!! KatG.....

pirl, I took those pictures at a nursery....the only thing I bought at this time was a baker's rack....but it is so pretty for the screened in front porch.....

I love cast iron and wrought iron pieces to plant in............in fact, I wish I would take the time to start searching for things like pieces of driftwood, etc....old wheelbarrows,etc....so much character to them...
gail

One of my crazier planters at night!

Thumbnail by KatG
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

my oh my.....how pretty....it doesn't get any better than the lime color of creeping jenny and the black potato vine!!!!

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

I have a large old cast iron pot that would make a great planter. How do you suppose I could get drainage holes in the bottom?

Ardesia: I'm only guessing, but how about a drill with a large bit? Sounds a little dangerous though...I'd try to stay clear when I was drilling, and wear something protective over my eyes! On second thought...that cast iron is tough...If it's a deep pot, how about just putting some rocks in the bottom to create it's own little own drainage thing?

Beaumont, TX

I have a witches kettle that has my tree fern in it that I drilled. Flipped it over and drilled several hole. Start with a small bit and gradually get bigger. I tried the rocks but it kept holding too much water so I had to drill it. Never intended to make any brew in it so why not ? :)

Beaumont, TX

Make sure you use a drill bit designed for metal and not wood.

Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

Muahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha I love that. Witches Kettle. I never realized that's what that was. Um.... Connie, what are you going to do with the little rock colored tree frog we "rescued" off that car today? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

Hey Connie.... go check out the leaf parade(2). Look towards the bottom and check out Al's Smoke Tree. It's awesome! Post #3558814

Beaumont, TX

Now if I just had an eye of newt to go with the frog toe....

I just looked ! Wow! I hope mine looks like that eventually. His neighbors is green. Strange.

Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

The neighbor's is a native smoke tree. I don't know what the different is. You need to get some miracle grow on yours! HAHAHA

Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

This message was edited Jun 15, 2007 6:06 AM

Thumbnail by DaleTheGardener
Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

Unusual containers in Sarasota, FL parking structure>

Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

Epcot (Disney) had some unusual container also>

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.