Photos of container gardens

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

I've been lurking quite a while on this thread and enjoying the wonderful and creative containers. I thought maybe I should contibute. So...

This is my favorite container I've tried to put together so far. .. - at least it will be. Right now, the "thrill" isn't quite yet up to thrilling, the "spill" isn't exactly spilling yet. The "fill" on the other hand seems fine. :)
Anyway - all purple, silver, and silvery green. (I stole this idea from a catalogue where they were selling it already done.)
Deb

Thumbnail by DebinSC
Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

Terrific color and texture combo Deb. When that Angelonia gets going it will be stunning.

Port Charlotte, FL(Zone 10a)

Until this year I’ve never container gardened. I am so loving it! Sometimes it’s really hard here in Florida to plant things in the ground that survive the heat and sun. I love colorful annuals and this is just ideal for me. The other nice thing that is helping here is that they are all under a screen pool cage which probably cuts down the sun 25%.

Now that I’m running out of room in the back…Does this mean I have to start a container collection in my covered front entry? Hehehe. Say YES!

You all have been such an inspiration with your beautiful creations! YES, you are an ingenious group!

Thank-You

Kathy

(I was just sitting out here and those pathetic little _____ no-see-ums just chased me in!!!)

Thumbnail by KatG
Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Kathy: "YES!"
:)

..and your container collection is just so wonderful..
Deb

Thanks Deb...and by the way, your container looks great! Don't you just love Angelonia? I think I have gone Angelonia nuts! Until about 2 weeks ago, I didn't know the name and have had some growing for several months. Seems to bloom constantly!

Thumbnail by KatG

Here's some mixed in with Upright Elephant ear, Euphorbia and Gaura. Only planted it a week ago, but is really filling in nicely.

Thumbnail by KatG

This Gaura is kind of an interesting plant also! First time I've ever seen it around here. Grows to about 30" and apparently is in constant bloom. Such a pretty flower.

Thumbnail by KatG
Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Kathy: Yes, I just discovered angelonia, too. I love that last container there with the EEs. Very imaginative!

This is the variety that's in my "purple" container.
Deb

Thumbnail by DebinSC
Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

This message was edited Jun 15, 2007 6:06 AM

Thumbnail by DaleTheGardener
Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

Someone needs to start a new thread #2. This one is getting rather long and that can't be good for anyone on a dial up.

These containers, both with little frogs on the top, were purchased at a local thrift store. Some poor soul must have lost their bamboo plants. I picked them up for 49 cents a piece. (insert waybigo cheesy grin here). I drilled out a hole in the bottom of them with a masonry bit and planted a Platycodon and Portulaca in one of them, and 4 little sprigs of Portulaca in the other. I also picked up a jar of mother of pearl shells the other day for 25 cents at the Salvation Army store. I sprinkled them on the top of the soil as mulch. I've used colored gravel on my bamboos and jades and it seems to work well. I love the mysterious colors of the shells, though you can't see that very well in this photo.

Janet

Thumbnail by UniQueTreasures
Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

I also made this container, which I posted on another thread. This pot was hideously faded black plastic pot that I've had for about 20 years. I painted the pot with Hammered Metal Paint. It's not meant for plastic, but frankly, my dear.... who the heck cares. So I have to repaint it in a few years. I'll probably want another color anyhow. :-) I ended up painting about a half a dozen plastic/metal pots with the hammered paint. I just love that stuff. And doggone it, I'm worth it! HAHAHAHA

I was just pleased as punch with this container. This is my first one to use Fountain Grass in and I just love it.

Thumbnail by UniQueTreasures
Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

This message was edited Jun 15, 2007 6:04 AM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.