Cannas: CANNA ? ( Continued ) # 6

(Tammie) Odessa, TX(Zone 7b)

worked in the yard. got some more daylilies planted etc. Potted up some rootings I had going.

Tammie

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Weeded my tulip bed since it was wet enough to just pull most out with the roots, got a hosta ready to mail for a trade.

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

Tammie, that sounds good - I love planting days... pepper, are your tulips done for? I need to spruce my tulip area since they are pretty much dead for the year.

here is a picture of the silly balloon hats from the fair - one red monkey in a palm tree, one pink butterfly and well Vincent popped his "wacky" hat before getting to the car (of course-such a boy) so he just has the hat part! My 10 year old would not like me posting this, but I'm sure none of her friends spend time here!

Thumbnail by Redtootsiepop

My tulips are supposed to be done for. I have ivy in there to rip out and some more dandilions along with the grass. But I had 2 tulips with buds on them yesterday and today. One broke so it is in water.

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

wow - a couple of late bloomers! I'd really like to pull out my tulips and daffs and re-do those areas, they are getting spotty - maybe add some crocus for earlier color.... where did the ivy come from?

Brisvegas, Australia(Zone 12b)

Those Kids of yours sure are cute in their Hats Red .

Hey Pep. Send me some of your surplus rain .

Lets see some more of your Pics. Lover .

Any one seen this Green Canna before ?

Thumbnail by ginger749

.. thats a 'canna have a cracker?' Pictures of what?

Tammie

I have no idea where the ivy came from. I need to get RU on it.

Slightly off subject .
Here is a yellow parrot ?

Thumbnail by ginger749
Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Off subject? This is the canna thread-lol

That's a very lovely one, Kell-rich yellow.

So tired, need a weekend to receover from the weekend. :)

Feelin' good though, anyone else?

Wasn’t sure any one remembered . lol
It was a great week end here .
The best ones are always when I go for a ride .

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

beautiful picture Kell - 'k 'k, I'll post pictures on subject from now on! .. cute bird, too - how'd you get so close, were you feeding it?

supposed to be 88 here todat, the cannas should like it!

I was kidding about posting pictures on subject !
We have never adhered to that .
Why should we start now ?
Yes Red , I was feeding this wild green thing .
88 sounds great for your canaries .

Thumbnail by ginger749
Minneapolis, MN(Zone 5a)

The parrot could be a Lory, but I can't tell for sure. It's a beautiful bird.
Mike

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Ok- to try and stick with the theme-Here finally is a picture of one of my Tropicanna Black clumps :)

This was before I planted it and it was still in a pot, the color of the leaves has gotten much darker and richer

Thumbnail by Tropicanna
Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Of course, while I'm posting it's no longer going to be fashionable to post cannas here-lol.

Welcome treelover!

Minneapolis, MN(Zone 5a)

Thanks, Tropicanna. I have been lurking for a long time and thought it was time to make a contribution (even though it wasn't Canna related)
Mike

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

I think that few contributions on this thread at least have been canna related. As much as I love cannas, I'm not sure we could take up 6 threads of talking about them.

So do introduce yourself! :)

Hi and welcome Mike .
As you can see we cover everything here .
I'm sure you are right about the Lorrie .
I will ask our nearest Pet shop if they know what kind it is .
Looks like he has been combing him self .

Thumbnail by ginger749
Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

He is a pretty bird!

Kell, you seem happy when another guy stumbles in...lol
Guess it does turn into estrogen overload in here sometimes!

estrogen , I use that to make my Bread rise .
Have I told you I bake my own bread ?
In one of those auto machines .
Set it the night before and it's ready when you wake up .

Thumbnail by ginger749

Can you use your own mix in those machines or do you have to use the premixed stuff? I absolutely love fresh baked bread but it takes soooo long to do by hand and the pre mixes for the machines is rather expensive for 'bread'

Tammie

I used to buy the pre mixed , but it was too expensive .
Then we mucked around for a bit and now mix our own .
Much much cheaper .
Some times goes wrong , but that's life .
The dogs get those to eat .

Thumbnail by ginger749
Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

your daisies are beautiful Kell - did you grow those? That does look like a lorikeet, we have them at our zoo (when it's warm) one always lands on my head and I think it'll poop on me!

Canna - your tropicanna black is gorgeous, how tall was it when it started flowers - I can't tell from the picture?

Welcome Mike !

Vincent and I filled up the little pool - hopefully the sun will warm it before night. : )

OK, I want the recipe for making the bread for the automatic mixers. I may have to get one and try it. My mother would absolutely die for fresh bread.

Tammie

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

you can find recipes online... the whole house smells fantastic !! mmmmm, bread.

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Estrogen to make the bread rise! Killin' me over here, Kell!

The T. Black was about 2-3 feet tall before the blooms started :0)

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

okay, thank you canna

Estrogen bread. *shaking head here.*

Pep , It took a while before anyone noticed .

Red , I took about 12 Pics. of the Cut flowers at a Florist .
Where I do my Grocery Shopping .

Thumbnail by ginger749
Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Well, I can't think of a household use for testosterone without it becoming low brow really quick-Anyone else care to take a shot-lol!

Well, I think I would like a testosterone air freshner that make it possible for me to walk through the house stepping over junk and crud everywhere and never notice. sure would be nice to think my house is 'clean enough' so I have more time doing fun things. Oooh, and a dab behind each ear before looking in a mirror.. sure would be nice to see Miss Universe every time I look in a mirror instead of just me. LOL

Tammie

... I sure hope that made sense...

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

You nailed it, Tammie! That's kinda where I was trying to go, but ended up falling in the gutter everytime instead.

Now, I need a few dabs of Testosterone so I can feel much better looking than I am.

So now I wonder, if we used estrogen around places where guys can never seem to find things-would they magically appear?

Quoting:
So now I wonder, if we used estrogen around places where guys can never seem to find things-would they magically appear?

Hellllllpp!!!!!!!!! Paul , I'm being surounded here .
Come and rescue Moi .

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

And maybe testerone can be used to dull all senses-smell especially, but hearing, sight, touch, taste...

This could go on awhile, Kell, you started it!lol

Yeah, And I am Ugly enough to keep it going .
HEEEEEEEEElllpp ! Paul . Where are YOU ?
Any one like Heliconias ???

Thumbnail by ginger749
Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Don't change the subject, Kell-lol

It's okay, I'm sure you have a few handy estrogen uses, besides bread leavening, I wwon't get mad-can't speak for anyone else, but it's hard to offend me

Aurora, CO(Zone 5b)

Sorry Kell, been working. You know, that testosterone thing. I could type many things to counter, but will only mention a couple. I've known many a woman who thought she kept things clean, but reorganizing everything doesn't mean it is CLEAN. The majority of chefs in the world are men- that would cover taste, scent and vision, not to mention creativity. I've met very few women who have had any sense of direction. And for looking in the mirror and thinking I look "marvelous", then I do, and if you don't htink so, that's your problem. And for an estrogen air freshener, gee, I could talk on the phone all day about absolutely nothing, watch dumb TV shows all day, paint silly things on my finger and toe nails, and think how beautiful they make me look. I could really keep going...

Point taken! BTW.. I do have a sense of direction... much better than my father ever had and can read a map better than almost everyone I have met. I rarely have anything on my nails.. too much trouble for something that is going to come off in a few hours...I do watch dumb TV shows though. LOL

Tammie

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.