Starting a new thread .
This is where we came from.
http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/703655/
Summer of 2007 is where we are going .
Hope Pep sleeps through this ONE .

Thumbnail by ginger749
Brisvegas, Australia(Zone 12b)

Saw this Bug trying to eat my Cannas .
Into the freezer for 4 minutes and he is now a star on Bugguide .

http://bugguide.net/bgimage/user/9427

Thumbnail by ginger749
Minneapolis, MN(Zone 5a)

RTP.
Is that a Clematis armandii growing on the trellis behind your "pond"? (in the pic in thread #3)
Thanks,
Mike

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

it is treelover, it just finished blooming - it's very pretty... but I have to say I got an armandii "apple blossom" last year and the blooms on it were outstanding ... they begin light pink, but turn white - fragrance is heaven! I put it in summer last year so this was the first year I got to see it flower - about 400-500 blooms.

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

darn - I missed 20/20 .. didn't see your post until this morning. maybe I can watch it on abc.com.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

It was a good show. And ginger, I'm not going anywhere. Someone has to disagree with you. LOL

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

Hey Pepper ! Whatcha doin' today?

Well here in Aus. it is Sunday .
So you guys must be sitting in Saturday .
Yeah Pep What`s going down for you today ?
I see you found us again .

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

It is 9:30 Sat morning here - we are currently playing spongebob squarepants on our playstation2 (this is rare for us, we rarely use the thing - except for karaoke!- my 4 year old sons fav song to sing? Material Girl. I find this hysterical, but my husband keeps trying to get him to pick something else lol :)

*Anyway, he's taking the kids to gymnastics class in a few and I am going to go for a run - blech, I haven't run for a couple of weeks so I'm sure it will be a miserable experience. ... I'll let you know how it goes.

I'm not doing much today. Just catching up on here, waiting til dinner time-grilling ribs, YUM, and will go back outside to see which irises need dug up, look to see if a canna I left in ground over winter has any life to it, and see what I can plant in the wildflower garden to replace what isn't gonna come back. Maybe trim daylilies some more too.

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

Nice day for pepper - what's the weather like today? (rain, rain & rain for us) which is ok, I ran 3 miles and I am sooo tired : ( - that's really pathetic.

We are going out later for hubby's birthday. He picked an Indian place, supposed to be really good.

Ribs sound good, I haven't had them since I was a kid.

Weather is in the 80s. It's almost too hot for this time of the year. Mid 70s works better for me. lol. Heading out shortly.

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

oh nice, that sounds good to me! BTW Ginger, your first picture is a beauty, somehow I had missed it, I think I was too busy looking at that green bug!

Went out and planted trycipius-sorry spelling is wrong- and put it with my astilibe where it gets a tone of shade. Now have the grill going and am waiting on it.

Ribs Ummmmmm .
I might have some as well .

Thumbnail by ginger749

Looks good. Is that a gas grill? We use charcol. Better flavor. :~)

Yes gas .
But I can add charcol to the middle section if I want extra flavour .

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

Ginger, what time is it there ?? are you grilling ribs at 3:00 a.m.?

8:54am Sunday

This message was edited Apr 21, 2007 5:54 PM

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

aaah, ribs for breakfast !! Have you been awake all night?

Since 1 am , Red .
This Old Warlock only sleeps for 4 hours .

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

lol warlock ! I don't know how you get by on 4 hours, I sure don't sleep 8, but 4 seems too short.

You know what a Warlock is don`t you ?

How were the ribs ?

Minneapolis, MN(Zone 5a)

Isn't a Warlock a male Witch?
Mike

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

Yes, I know Warlock --- I watched plenty of Bewitched growing up !! How were the ribs Pep & Ginger? Who's were better I wonder.....

Ours were better!!! LOL. Slow cooked them on the grill along with some hot link brats and enjoyed every bite of the ribs. YUM YUM!! LOL

As you can see ,
Ours went down really well .
As for whos were best ?
Lets have a vote on that one .
Look at mine .
Then look at Pep`s
Now you decide .

Thumbnail by ginger749
Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

I think I'd be honored to have ribs at either house - how's that for being diplomatic!

They look very good, honestly - my husband is a vegetarian (for about 20 years now) so I only cook meat for the kids & I about once a week.

Sorry no pics. I thought about taking one then forgot when we got busy working on other stuff.

But ginger did take the best pic!! LOL. especially since I didn't

I win by Default .

How is your sunday treating yall ?

You did it again .
Typing over me .

The wind is howling today. Blowing so hard that it will knock you over if you aren't paying attention. Had a hike at work again today so that's how I know.

yep and again....

Do you work Sunday ?

No not usually. The hike was a class I signed up to take. We have nature trail that is about 3 miles or so long. Goes up and goes down. Woods and prarie. Not exactly an easy hike but worth it. Saw lots of butterflies, hawks, turkey vultures, and sparrows. Alot of fun despite the wind.

Sounds like fun .

It would have been nice not to have all that wind. lol.

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

Good morning ! (and afternoon and evening) ... We put the fish in the container pond yesterday, and they are still alive!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.