Farmer's Almanac
(0 votes, 0%)
Red dot

Other - tell us!
(39 votes, 6%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

Ballintleva, Ireland

Hey TLeaves....thats really funny...I was just about to write the same thing!

Mine has got the full weather station kit....and is downloading to the net too !
He now wants to buy the soil probe - to tell me the temperature of the soil....not sure i need to know the temp of the soil 1 metre down!

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Soil temperature is important for tomatoes, dahlias and many other plants, even impatiens.

Eastern Long Island, NY(Zone 7a)

Billions in Agriculture, a premature planting/harvest influences the Commodities Market => Federal Reserve=>bank interest rates => investor return.

Please expand on that one, WaterCan2. Thanks.

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

we farmers in south Texas are hardly having a premature crop....been so cool and wet that we have had to plant a second time as the winds blow away the soil....the cool temps with wind burn the cotton and grain....doesn't matter if the crops are late except for one big reason.......hurricane season

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

I use two... a cable TV channel called metro traffic & weather... I voted for this website though

http://wwwa.accuweather.com

I like that it has the 15 day temperature forcast

Ramona, CA(Zone 9b)

Hey WillowandSpike, His latest thing is an automated sprinkler system. I can turn it on from anywhere in the world. I guess that'd be a real benefit --- if I ever traveled! I'd better not mention the soil probe. No telling what I'd end up with. LOL

(Judith) Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

I'm amazed that so many of us get the weather via the internet! Granted, we're all computer literate, but you'd think there would be a broader spectrum of choices. But when you look at the graph, it's clear.

Conyers, GA(Zone 7b)

I get weather info. from georgiaweather.net. The site has statewide information including weather alerts, soil temps, historical data etc. A really useful site intended mostly for use by farmers and agriculture industry I think. For national weather, we use weather.com, and being close to Florida NOAA's site during the hurricane season. The local weather reports on television are mostly useless, almost a joke.

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7a)

We get weather from http://www.wunderground.com. We can get our weather by zip code which is helpful since there are so many micro climates in New Mexico. It updates frequently and has been far more reliable than local broadcasts.

Springfield, IL

WUnderground, free or $10 a year. I liked so much I signed up. It gave me "giveaway memberships" too.

Wesley Chapel, FL(Zone 9a)

National Weather Service:

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/

I think they're the best there is.

Johns Island, SC

I get most of my weather input from the local tv stations. Have to get it from my wife though---I just can't watch these local monkeys almost reach climax in extolling a "dry weekend" forecast when we're desperately in need of some rain (and we really are!). She can watch them without putting her foot through the screen... But when the weather turns serious, we always use noaa. They've been the most reliable, without the hyperventilating histrionics apparently required of tv weatherpeople. Always check the local paper too, but only for general weather conditions. They can't react quickly enough to account for sudden changes. Seagulls are the best predictor of a storm for me. If I see more than 10-20 of them out around the dock, I know we've got a storm coming. Works every time, even if the storm's coming from the west. How do they know?

Atmore, AL(Zone 8b)

I watch the weather channel and local stations unless my satellite signal gets blocked by heavy rain, then I go to weather.com .

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

By watching the birds or insects. They are more reliable, provided one knows by experience, what they do when and the timing they make their appearance or disappearance.

West Bay, Cayman Islands(Zone 11)

During the months June-November, Official Hurricane season, I regularly check stormcarib.com to monitor any patterns that may develope into something significant. Otherwise, open the back door and see for myself. As they say here, "No Significant Features"

Thumbnail by caribblue
Bucyrus, OH(Zone 6a)

http://www.accuweather.com is my favorite. :)

-Joe

Scott Bar, CA(Zone 6a)

National Weather Service, Western Region. Seems to be the best of the weather-guessers out here. :o)

Bill

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

I look outside. The Weather Forcast usually reads: Partly sunny chance of showers, Showers with sun breaks, Sun breaks with showers.... We just look outside at the direction of the clouds and that usually tells us what is going to happen. They sure don't know at the Weather Forcasters!!!

North Plains, OR(Zone 8a)

I use both our local station and internet weather search for our zip code. They rarely agree, and neither are generally correct, but one continues to hope. Of course, our weather is very unpredicable. Today, for example it was suppose to rain off and on all day and it was a beautiful, sunny, mild spring day with occasional fluffy white clouds drifting past. Go figure.

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

Weather it rains or wheather it's not, we are going to have weather wheather or not!!!!!!!

Aloha - there was a comedian who did an act about weather and said in Hawaii they just put on a recording: Sunshine with a low of 65 and a high of 84 and leave it on for six months!

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

Too true!!! Except on our side of the island they add "Windward and Mauka Showers". Mauka is Hawaiian for "upland"....

We visted four of the islands for a total of three weeks, back in '92, and it was so beautiful and not a drop of rain.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.