Red dot

Farmer's Almanac
(0 votes, 0%)
Red dot

Other - tell us!
(39 votes, 6%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

I use weather.com and accuweather.com, and often compare their local forecasts for accuracy. However, they both missed it Saturday, April 14! This is what I got instead:~(

Thumbnail by
Ripley, MS

I said Oh My Aching Joints----but then I remembered, I have been cleaning out flower beds-so it may be that instead of the weather.
This is a fun one, no right or wrong
I like these kind of things to vote on.
Sandra

Elgin, IL(Zone 5a)

I find Weather Underground extremely reliable. I use it for the forecast for my morning runs and use the weekly forecast to decide what to do in the garden.

Smyrna, TN(Zone 6b)

I check newschannel5.com

Jason

(Zone 1)

I use www.weather.com a lot, but mostly I just turn to the local t.v. station for weather reports!

Lady's Island, SC(Zone 9a)

I'm a meteorologist--I do my own forecasts! Looking out the window helps too :-)

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

I use the National Weather Bureau on line for weather in the US. The Weather Channel's forecast for my area was almost always dry and sunny. That is right most of the time, but I like to know when other storms are coming.
For foreign travel I use The Weather Underground which covers most countries in the world quite well.
For national weather on the weather channel or CNN, the weather person always stands in front of my state, New Mexico, so TV weather is worthless except local channels and that means you have to turn on the TV when they are on. I much prefer to check the Internet morning and night and more often if there is a storm headed for us.

This message was edited Apr 17, 2007 9:17 AM

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Marilyn,
Thank you for the link to NOAA Weather. Best account anywhere. Probably where the tv weather readers get the information. Again another jewel found on DG.

Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

Weather Underground and a weather widget.

Aquebogue, NY(Zone 6a)

I listen to the radio, while preparing for work. This way, if there's real bad weather, I know if the schools are closing too. My kids jump online for all that, they are good with the web, I'm still trying to catch up.
They say that weatherbug.com is good.........................

Charleston, SC

Wunderground.com, definitely.

Hate The Weather Channel--whenever I hear thunder, I switch on The Weather Channel and instead of being able to see if the storm is headed this way they're doing something on a 1901 mudslide in Timbuctoo. I wish they'd keep politics and docudrama out of the weather too.

Central, KY(Zone 6b)

I chose other because I use the local TV stations, radio stations and weatherchannel.com

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

First I see the forcast on the KENS 5 newscast (I believe the morning guy more often than the evening guy!). Sometimes I will check Weatherbug. If I'm really in doubt, I step outside, but go to two of the local news websites to check the radar.

Houston, United States(Zone 9b)

My SBC homepage has it. Or I just look outside for the days estimation.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

noaa.com - I agree with flyboy above - very accurate.

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

I like www.georgiaweather.net. Gives more than just weather including soil temps.

Las Cruces, NM

What's the correct answer? I want to know if I got it right.

Spring Hill, FL(Zone 9a)

I voted the weather channel although for really accurate local weather I step outside and look up.

Berkeley, CA(Zone 9b)

sfgate.com but I really should save up for a good remote digital weather station. We have so many microclimates here that general weather forecasts aren't as useful for gardening. The wind was really whipping here today. Blew my seedling trays right off the semi-sheltered porch.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

Embarassing but I pretty much just get it by looking outside or someone else telling me about the future forecasts. Sometimes I catch the little weather "tease" between programs on tv trying to entice you to stay tuned for local news but not because I'm actually looking for a weather report:LOL:

We bought a weather station that updates from Colorado and that works very well. We can't get a local newspaper and there is no local radio or TV serving us. I also check the website for NOAA weather for our location and that is really good. Of course, looking out the window and across the valley gives us a pretty good guess about the immediate storms, too

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I watch our local tv station then I always say "I'll believe it when I see it". :)

waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

I check the Weather Channel, they broadcast our local temps etc. "on the 8s" regardless what they are showing, so I can skip the programming and just check the forecase. In the morning, I stick my head out the door. Golf and gardening require at the minimum, somewhat dry air, and not too much wind. I will confess to having golfed and gardened both, in downpours.

Southern, NH(Zone 5b)

weather.com for daily forecasts (I have their desk top feature)

noaa.gov when there's storm activity - their "discussions" section is particularly helpful and interesting

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

I have responded with saying the internet....but we, too, use noaa.gov for hurricane season...

Palmer, AK(Zone 2a)

I just look out the window. That's much more accurate than the daily newspaper or the evening news.

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

NOAA!!! All the weather without all the hype.

Harper

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Spidra,
farmers pay for some real updated infor that they get on the internet several times a day....if it is important to you, look in to a report that you can subscribe to on a yearly basis.

Weymouth, MA

With remarkable 95% accuracy, I look out the window. With 100% accuracy, I can tell rain by the number of dog tracks on the kitchen floor.

(Judith) Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

I like wunderground.com. They keep adding stuff to make it interesting.

Saluda, SC(Zone 8a)

Local weather channel on enternet. Also from my wife who watches several TV weather channels and feels her information is more realistic than mine! Sometimes, I even listen to my joints and muscles.

Franklin Grove, IL(Zone 5a)

NOAA is our favorite. http://www.crh.noaa.gov/forecast When I have time, I can also plug in our children's ZIP codes around the country, and get their weather situation too.

Titusville, FL

I use Weatherunderground as my primary weather source. They include the detailed discussion and have links to everything else I need (which is a lot during the June - November timeframe- I live on the coast in FL!). I also like the new BETA radar available from TWC.

Burwash Weald, United Kingdom(Zone 9b)

husband. I have no idea where he gets it - I think he makes it up - his reports are usually quite tautological: "Its raining", "Yes". Although he slips in something sometimes - like cloud names, or what planet you can see, or my favourite "feels very stable", so its terribly convincing. But it seems to work for me. And after 30 years, I would definately miss his weathering.

Eastern Long Island, NY(Zone 7a)

1) AM Newsradio, 2) my weather station 3) my experience; If I don't like what the weather is going to be, then I decide what I'm going to do about it... lol.

Thumbnail by WaterCan2
Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Just looked out the window, yes it is raining.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

LOL Dyson.

Newport News, VA(Zone 7b)

Weather Underground...I can get to it from any computer and it has a mobile version that is easy to access on my cell phone.

Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

I voted 'Other' - only one I never use is the Farmer's Almanac. My left foot is the best tho - I know it's going to rain at least a day ahead, sometimes two days. grrrr!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.