Farmer's Almanac
(0 votes, 0%)
Red dot

Other - tell us!
(39 votes, 6%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

Cambria, CA(Zone 10a)

I have four sites I use, actually: weather.com, National Weather Service, AccuWeather.com, and Intellicast. I think weather.com and AccuWeather are usually the closest to reality.

Southeast, NE(Zone 5a)

I go to the web site of the local TV station. Wonder which answer I should have chosen....

Weather alert radio. connected to NOA weater site!

Seaford, NY(Zone 7a)

I use the National weather service's websites at http://www.erh.noaa.gov/
I also like to look at these satellite picture to get the big picture...http://www.ghcc.msfc.nasa.gov/GOES/

Springfield, OH(Zone 5b)

I go to the NOAA website..I an plug in my zip code and get a 5 day forecast and if I follow some links I can get 10 days..they are pretty accurate.. Lately I have been going to accuweather.com and looking since they have a 15 day forecast.. their temps seem to change every day though

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

I use Weather Underground, which is actually the National Weather Service forecast. I find it more accurate for here than the Weather Channel. The Weather Channel probably finds my area pretty boring anyway. We don't usually have any weather that can be sensationalized.

Temecula, CA(Zone 8b)

Weatherbug.com

Thomson, GA

I use NOAA most of the time, but my big toe is a really good predictor of storms, LOL.

Fernandina Beach, FL(Zone 8b)

From NOAA: http://www.srh.noaa.gov/ridge/radar.php?rid=JAX&product=NCR&overlay=11101111&loop=yes. First, I look at the local radar and then go to the local forecast page. However, I just discovered that the weather channel now has a new interactive radar map (a beta version) where you really can zoom into your area.

Bedford, VA(Zone 7a)

I use www.wunderground.com because it has weather from a local weather station in Halifax, VA close to my house.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

I look out the window.

xxx, Carrie

Victoria, TX(Zone 9b)

I look outside... seriously, TX weather is crazy, and ain't no weatherman going to tell me what's coming.. It's so flat here, I have a hundred plus miles' notice on any adverse weather.

Midland, WA(Zone 8a)

Do you mean forecast or current conditions? I use the local TV weather maven -- he's very accurate most of the time -- for forecasts. But I have an indoor-outdoor thermometer which I record from, and I note the weather (by looking outside, or walking in it) in my journal. I also compare my journal entries year-to-year to predict blooming times.

Willamette Valley, OR(Zone 8a)

I get my weather info by looking outside! The weathermen are hardly ever right!

Selma, AL(Zone 8a)

I guess I could say computer also...there is a little square that has the temp and if you click on it you get the forecast for the week...forgot about it

Depew, OK

tv duh!!!!! wat nerd would get on the internet just to c wat the weather is like???????????????????????????????

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Out the back door!
And occasionally on the internet and the evening news .

Alexandria, IN(Zone 6a)

I look at the newspaper first and I also look at the Indy 6 weather forcast. Both are for 4 days.

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

I have one of those Hi Tech weather indicators:
If this rock is wet - its raining
If this rock is hot - sun shine
If this rock is white - snow

That's about the only devise other than my on 5 senses that has ever worked for me.

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

I use the internet with accuweather for my zip code....If the weather is of concern, I call my brother who subscribes, as a farmer who has to have more accurate info., for all the exact details. You would not believe what these farmers pay for weather information which is so much more accurate than what I regularly get.

Emporia, KS(Zone 5b)

I get the weather report and news from my gossipy neighbor. There's no point in watching the news in this house. lol

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

I think accurate weather is of more importance to some people's economic well being than others...I would ask my neighbor, too, but I need good weather reporting.....especially when the hurricane season starts and the crops are still in the fields.
gail

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

I get it from the Internet primarily -

http://wunderground.com
http://weather.com

And also from the radio, http://www.wtvn.com

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

My sinuses tell me when the weather is going to change significantly!
Otherwise, it's "all of the above" except the Almanac.
Fave on the web are weather underground and weather.com.

Deb

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

My scarecrow - a lot like Islandshari:

If the long sleeves on the outfit are blowing I know it's windy
If she's wet I know it's raining
If her hat is covered with white I can bet we've had snow

or

Weatherbug.com

or

Harry, our dog!

This message was edited Apr 16, 2007 10:18 PM

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

pirl, just out of curiosity....i keep seeing your name and remember someone named pirl always being on the same yahoo question and answer in the plant section all the time.....are you one and the same??? Once I found DG I never went back to Yahoo Q&A,,,
gail

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

I've never been on Yahoo. I know where I got my name from so it does make me curious about the name and how she got it.

Millbury, MA(Zone 5a)

We usually check weathercentral.com (Also check outside the windows and doors, of course!)

Vista, CA

Accuweather. It has been pretty good worldwide.

bob

Bethelridge, KY(Zone 6a)

weather.com here also. I like the 10 day forecast plus it's probably one of the most accurate out there.

Marin, CA(Zone 9b)

MSN too, gives a 5 or 10 day report, plus more detail if wanted.
Christie

Thumbnail by mrs_colla
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

A few people have mentioned looking outside to see what the weather is. When I was working, I worked on the second floor of a windowless building. It was easier to check the weather by looking on the internet than to go downstairs and down the hall and look out the door.

Fern Park, FL(Zone 9b)

weather.com 99% of the time

Auburn, AL(Zone 8a)

I use noaa....

Cardiff, ON(Zone 4a)

The weather network for me. I didn't even realize there were so many others.

Satsuma, AL(Zone 8b)

NWS site.

Hendersonville, NC(Zone 7a)

Wunderground.com is my home page; but frankly, my joints are sometimes more accurate. They always know when it's going to storm.

Tellico Plains, TN(Zone 7b)

I love my Wunderground for our home forecast
http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=37803

and for comparisons I can check weather anywhere just by entering a zip code

Ankeny, IA(Zone 5a)

I get my weather from www.noaa.gov. verry acurate!!!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.