Farmer's Almanac
(0 votes, 0%)
Red dot

Other - tell us!
(39 votes, 6%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

New Hampshire, NH(Zone 5b)

I check the internet when I want to know details for the coming hours/days, but mostly I just look out the window ;o)

Rehoboth, MA(Zone 5a)

on the internet , MSN, tells me the local weather for the next 5 days

Newcastle, ON(Zone 5a)

I get an email every day giving me the 5 day forecast. It is from The Weather Network.

That is number my number one source in the morning.

In the evening I sometimes catch it on the 6 o'clock TV news.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

I mainly get it from the local news but I also get it from the radio, aching joints sometimes, and from looking up at the clouds.

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

I watch the Weather Channel. If I don't like their forecast then I check the local stations.

Orange County, NY(Zone 5b)

I said, "internet," but really a combo of TV, internet, joints and plain old observation and common sense -- this is often more accurate than the weatherman :-)

Blyth, ON(Zone 5b)

All of the above! Since it seems as though each source gives you a different answer :-)

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Red sky at night - sailor delight, Red sky in morning sailor take warning.

It is cold but clear here now.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Local TV and internet , right now both say rain & wind. I guess there's no way around it!!

Clementon, NJ(Zone 6b)

My weather opens up on my home page. Between the gardening and the golf we are watching that weather like a hawk.

Sue

Harrisburg, PA(Zone 6a)

All the above, but use the internet, mostly; Accuweather.com

Rosemont, ON(Zone 4a)

I use www.weather.ca, otherwise known as The Weather Network, but since the site is encumbered with animated advertisements and I only have a dial-up line, it takes forever to load. The forecast is also not terribly accurate a lot of the time. It's sometimes more informative to stick my head out of the window and note the wind direction.

Necedah, WI(Zone 4b)

http://www.weather.com/weather/local/60714
I'm a compulsive weather checker- as if it's really going to change from one hour to another ;)

Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

Internet, www.weather.com for routine checks; however, I check the sites of my local tv stations for more specific coverage during storms.

Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

I hear it on the radio, the weather channel and on local stations and pick the best of the three. Optimistic or naive?

Turlock, CA(Zone 9a)

I said 'Newspaper' [and I was the only one]! But I do see it on the internet too, it's part of my Yahoo home page...My local paper has the 5 day forecast in a easy to find spot so I always glance at it daily.

Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

I use weather bug to get our local news...
Susan

Katy, TX(Zone 8b)

I put in "Other". I use everything but the Farmer's Almanac. Sometimes you can just look outside and tell what the weather is or look at the thermometer(s). I use Click 2 Houston, on the internet, the back page of the Chronicle, my joints are a good source of information - when they start acting up I know the weather will too, and sometimes just plain common sense can be the deciding factor. Gotta know what the weather is gonna be all day and all week..........

Ann

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

I said "Internet" -- but I do tend to check it various way.

first thing in the morning, i flip on the PC.

lil weather.com icon tells me the temp.

if i do not get the PC first (my son goes online before school in the morning) i'll turn on the TV and check weather channel (weather on the 8's) but if the "time" is past the "8" and almost on the 1, I flip to local weather (CLTV) ... as they have "weather on the 1's"

I also get the weather email Mon-Fri, and I have links (bookmarks) for local weather on my yahoo page

I also step outside or look out the window... sometimes that is all you need for the moment.

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

My DH works for a worldwide weather forecasting firm. But somehow he's only got the forecast for Mexico or Topeka , Kansas. So the internet works too. Lol!

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I check the weather either on www.srh.noaa.gov or on www.uswx.com. The uswx site is uncluttered and easy to cut and paste into our weather forum (http://davesgarden.com/forums/f/weather/all/). The noaa site tends to be more informative. :-)

Ferndale, AR(Zone 7b)

My primary source is the local television station. My second source is the same local station's website.

Debra

Mid-Cape, MA(Zone 7a)

I use all except the Farmers Almanac--usually the internet first (Weather Underground.) Well, actually FIRST I look out the window.
I've become a weather-junkie since moving to New England where they have so MUCH of it!!! LOL

Chewelah, WA(Zone 5a)

weather.com offers a 10-day and an hour-by-hour forecast that gets a LOT of attention during haying season!

Calais, VT

Our local weather man 'Roger' is the best, without camparison for local 'what's coming' weather. Occasionally I'll chech the TV for the radar. The weather channel is usually disappointing because Vermont is "etc" in the New England weather forcast.

Deep East Texas, TX(Zone 8a)

I said internet ~ I rely on http://www.wunderground.com/ . Of course it allows zip code to the nearest reporting station and radar which you can home in close to your county. DH used weather.com but has changed also as wunderground is usually more correct on the forecast. I have also on occasion pulled up NOAA which is radar.

I rely on an indoor / outdoor thermometer ~ as long as the batteries hold up. : )

And I rely on my window for wet or dry or windy or sunny or... pod

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

I use on Nasa weather link sometime and weather bugs link

http://weather.msfc.nasa.gov/GOES/

Westbrook, CT(Zone 6a)

I'm fed up with our weather guy:
Shows a pic of stormy sky.
Says we'll get a bad nor'easter,
Gonna knock us on our kiester.
Protect my seedlings--what a pain,
Then we get two drops of rain.
I wish that TV seer confesses
His predictions are just guesses.

This message was edited Apr 16, 2007 11:05 AM

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

LOL! That was great!

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Sidney

Quoting:

I like the weather on the eights, but in many motels I get only generic weather and no real local advice.

having had both Cable and Satellite.... satellite has TERRIBLE weather forecasts.
it's never local - which drives me nuts.

so if we are at our summer place (where it's by a dish), i will flip on the computer and check it that way.

checked out that "weather underground" -- pretty nifty.

West Pottsgrove, PA(Zone 6b)

I'm with Marylyn_TX, the National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration site. You just type in a city/state or zip code, and there are lots of links to weather archives to see how much rain has fallen this year, or other years etc.
This is Dave's weather this week:

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/forecast/MapClick.php?CityName=Bryan&state=TX&site=HGX

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

I get mine from weather.com. I like the 10 day forcast with the ability to see hour by hour, historical information and weather alerts. So far, it's been pretty right on the money.

Just plug in your zip code.

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/29485?locid=29485&from=36hr_topnav_undeclared

X

Thumbnail by Xeramtheum
Lumberton, TX(Zone 8b)

I step out onto the back porch.

Paris, TN(Zone 6b)

Hmm, mostly the Weatherchannel.com icon on my desktop, then the weather underground site. Local news in addition to these if there are any severe weather alerts.
I've become a weather-maniac since starting to garden - gotta know when to move or cover the 'babies' if there's an unexpected change.
I'll have to check out the NOAA page; I only used to track hurricanes there when I lived in Florida...LOL!

Painesville, OH(Zone 5b)

I go to weather.com and weatherbug.com. Tamara

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

(Said tongue in cheek!) I jjust ask my hubby!! He is freaked on weather!! Now..that said...I am the gardener here. But he worries about the weather..ALL the time!! I figure..it'll happen no matter what..right? So why worry about it??

Beautiful, BC(Zone 8b)

Sometimes a news webpage but often the smell of the air tells me rain is on its way. I can also tell what type of summer we'll have by the bloom time of Styrax japonicus.

Stratford, CT(Zone 6b)

weather.com, The weather channel, local AM 600 WICC, and the Farmer's Almanac for planting information. I avoid the network affiliates since they sensationalize everything.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.